Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2022, 07:50 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I didn't foretell the exact individual fates of each of Rhaenyra's sons; just that the future would not be kind to them, but that her line would survive; which could imply anything from injury, imprisonment, death, survival, to eventual triumph.

I do agree, your post had very minor reveals. And I didn't even comment on it, as it was so minor. It was the sarcastic replies from others "if you don't like spoilers, go away" that I was replying to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 02:06 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
It was the sarcastic replies from others "if you don't like spoilers, go away" that I was replying to.
No one wants spoiler-sensitives to go away. But if you don't like getting wet, don't jump in the swimming pool.

In all seriousness, if you are enjoying a movie, TV show, or book, and don't want to be spoiled, then the absolute last thing you should do is get online and read a discussion about the movie, TV show, or book.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:58 PM

693 posts, read 1,040,473 times
So, about tonight’s episode, it was EPIC!! I for one am enjoying this series so far. I haven’t read any of the books. All of this is new to me and I think they’re doing a good job at setting the series up to be as good as GOT.

Old 10-16-2022, 11:01 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,603,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post
So, about tonight’s episode, it was EPIC!! I for one am enjoying this series so far. I haven’t read any of the books. All of this is new to me and I think they’re doing a good job at setting the series up to be as good as GOT.

Lots of good stuff in the episode and a spectacular ending - all hail the Red Queen; I didn't think we'd meet her until next season.

I felt sorry for that sad little twerp Aegon, until, newly crowned King and bearing the name of his Conqueror ancestor and waving that ancestor's sword around, he cringed behind his mommy when danger threatened (while his mommy, though frightened, unhesitatingly, stepped up to place herself between her son and imminent death).

Nice acting and interplay between Aegon and Aemond - Aegon didn't want the throne, begged to be allowed to run away from it, but Aemond, who wanted the throne, is not gonna let his punk older brother get away with that crap. Funny, but I bet Aegon is going to really enjoy the power of the throne without the responsibility and cling to it like a diseased barnacle...

Poor Alicent, she keeps on trying to hold her head high above the moral quagmire into which she has descended, trying to draw a dividing line that she won't cross (won't murder Rhaenyra or her kids, etc.); but her allies, including her father, and her repulsive Larys Strong are killing in the name of her son and (in Larys' case) to degrade her (which she knowingly allows). I suspect this is why Alicent has become a devotee of the Faith of the Seven; religion has become her only emotional safe place; even though it's a delusion.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:02 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
The only point I didn't get is why, when the Red Queen burst into the hall and could have crispy-crittered the whole traitorous bunch, she only had her dragon give them what was basically an enormous raspberry instead? Certainly she has no love for Rhaenyra, but she also has to know that Aegon really isn't the true chosen heir.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:28 AM

18,455 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
The only point I didn't get is why, when the Red Queen burst into the hall and could have crispy-crittered the whole traitorous bunch, she only had her dragon give them what was basically an enormous raspberry instead? Certainly she has no love for Rhaenyra, but she also has to know that Aegon really isn't the true chosen heir.
In that thing they do after the show explaining what just happened, they said something about her contemplating killing them all, but in the end when she looked down at Alicent covering Aegon, she couldn't do that to another mother.

Stupid move. In GOT leaving your opponents alive is usually a big mistake. Seems like a flimsy excuse that you would only read in a storybook too. If she was half the queen they make her out to be, she would have done what needed to be done, mother not withstanding.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:38 AM

8,606 posts, read 10,137,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Perhaps a few reasons.The Greens are her cousin's family and he would not approve of that. Also if she had taken them out, Rhaenyra would have been seen as a usurper instead of the rightful heir. Despite Otto's decision to take out the Blacks, she also had some level of consideration towards Alicent in regards to what they've both lost.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:55 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
This show has been boring. Haven’t bother to watch the last 2 episodes. I loved Game of Thrones, but can’t get into this.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:49 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
In that thing they do after the show explaining what just happened, they said something about her contemplating killing them all, but in the end when she looked down at Alicent covering Aegon, she couldn't do that to another mother.

Stupid move. In GOT leaving your opponents alive is usually a big mistake. Seems like a flimsy excuse that you would only read in a storybook too. If she was half the queen they make her out to be, she would have done what needed to be done, mother not withstanding.
I can’t believe anyone really expected the conflict to end an episode before S! Is finished
Killing her enemies would have stopped the Dance of Dragons before it began

Old 10-17-2022, 08:51 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Perhaps a few reasons.The Greens are her cousin's family and he would not approve of that. Also if she had taken them out, Rhaenyra would have been seen as a usurper instead of the rightful heir. Despite Otto's decision to take out the Blacks, she also had some level of consideration towards Alicent in regards to what they've both lost.
How could she appear a usurper when her father had named her his heir the past 20 yrs and reaffirmed it the night of his death??
The Hightowers are the usurpers—check the body on the Council table as proof of that
No one in the Kingdom can claim they didn’t know Viserys wanted Rhaenyra to succeed him…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV