Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 07:09 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Ok episode last night. Maggie is just being stubborn why keep struggling when you can have ice cream. And Eugene, another babe. Hope he doesn't ********** one up!
Maggie made the right choice. Nothing is for free. And Lance Hornsby is planning something bad. Pamela Milton is foolish if shes not watching him carefully.

I predict the Commonwealth implodes into chaos soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 11:55 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,097,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Maggie made the right choice. Nothing is for free. And Lance Hornsby is planning something bad. Pamela Milton is foolish if shes not watching him carefully.

I predict the Commonwealth implodes into chaos soon.
Agreed. Nothing is free and Maggie knows that. I think that as much as she would love to give her son a more "normal" life, she knows it will likely come with a cost.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:48 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Agreed. Nothing is free and Maggie knows that. I think that as much as she would love to give her son a more "normal" life, she knows it will likely come with a cost.
Agreed, there's compromise that is needed with any option. Does her loss of control and relinquishing perhaps some "rights" (basically adhering to rules and laws, a la civilization) outweigh starvation, lack of security, the elements etc?

Old 03-18-2022, 10:53 AM

554 posts, read 1,066,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Ben Franklin

Old 03-19-2022, 01:03 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
IMO, they should had ended the story with this group when they reached the Prison and started a new story arc with another group in another country and rise/repeat. And try to tie all the story arcs in the end in a final showdown/reveal.
Interesting.

I rather like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I stopped watching about halfway through season 5. Just couldn't take it anymore. Aimless, pointless wandering by characters unable to display even a minimum of basic intelligence and planning. The writers' sole plan to interest viewers seemed to be to just constantly up the "gross out" factor.
No doubt.

Rick the Hypocrite was the most least competent leader who cause problems and never solved any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Who would have guessed that an "abused wife" and an "abused little brother" would be the only original members to survive.
That's reality.

Once the ball-and-chain are removed they often rise to the top.

Old 03-19-2022, 01:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
The premise was great. I have been interested in the whole 'most people and all services' are gone survival since I read 'the stand' in college. oddly, its what I do for a living now - plan for it.
What a waste.

Quote:
the take on how to get around certain things was always interesting and as the group formed and got better, the take downs of problems became textbook military tactics.
Wrong. I was actually in the Army. Planning combat operations is what I did, since I was S-3 and sometimes S-3/S-3 Air.

There was nothing textbook or military about anything they did. Ever. Everything they did was wrong.

Where was the fire discipline?

Do you have any idea how many 1,000s of rounds of ammo they needlessly, uselessly and unnecessarily wasted firing on automatic?

Note that Merle was firing on semi-auto. He did a lot of damage. More damage than Rick and the entire group would have done firing on auto. They'd have done better if Merle led them instead of the idiot Rick.

And really, they're driving around in cars but they can't find a single bulldozer, back-hoe, Abrams or ACE anywhere?

Diesel will last a helluva lot longer than gasoline and biodiesel is easy to make.

It's 6 years and they still don't know how to deal with a herd? You get in an Abrams or M60A-series and drive over them, then use the ACE or bulldozer to push the squished dead off the road.

Come to think of it, how'd the military get over-run in the first place?

It took them a whole freaking year to figure out it had to be the brain? What, the dead started walking and the radios stopped working?

We drove over Iraqis in our Abrams and Bradleys no problem. Why would a driver not drive over the dead?

Why didn't the Air Force use daisy-cutters and fleshette rounds? 1,000, 2,000 and 3,000 lb bombs?

Detonate at the right height and those will cover 1,000 meters (1 km) and if the blades or fleshettes don't kill them, the concussion will, or at the very least, immobilize them so all they do is lay there and snarl.

And, for the record, napalm is no longer in the Air Force inventory and hasn't been for decades, so the whole thing about dropping napalm on Atlanta is pure fantasy.

And, for the record, there's several Million gallons of diesel fuel sitting around at any given time just for the taking. It'd last them 20 years.

Quote:
the assault on the saviors plant or whatever that was? ince it was determined they kill the innocent to make a point, the 2 broads left in the woods that carol took out should have been clipped 15 seconds after they got the intel. the takedown was perfect war college assault on a fortified position, fortified by dumba**es
No, wrong.

Merle would have succeeded where Rick failed massively.

The word "outpost" should have been the first clue for any competent person, but even if it wasn't, you always conduct recon/surveillance, because that is textbook military.

So, Rick failed. He failed again because he didn't properly debrief Maggie and Carol and was too stupid to figure out that if Saviors showed up at the slaughterhouse, they had to come from somewhere else.

The Saviors would have been a walk in the park.

It would have taken me less than 72 hours to find one or more Paladins.

I'd be sitting comfortably 15 miles away sipping wine and eating cheese while the Paladin lobbed 6"/155mm rounds on the Savior compound tearing it down floor by floor.

Even if I couldn't find a Paladin, there's Bradleys and Abrams. You just sit in your Abram and launch HEAT rounds at the Savior compound.

But, that wouldn't have been necessary. You just tell Negan to send the workers out and then have the Saviors surrender, or he can eat a SABOT round for lunch.

Quote:
but the way it declined all makes sense, ...
No, it doesn't.

Jenner said everybody has it, but that doesn't explain how everybody got.

Had you taken college courses in statistics, sociology, anthropology, archaeology, biology, or etc you'd understand population distributions and spreads.

If the virus -- and Jenner said it was a virus -- was exogenic, it would take a decade or more for everyone to acquire it. Witness STUPID-19 if you don't believe it, but even if the spread was faster, government would have reacted more or less in the same way it did with STUPID-19.

Jenner implied the virus was endogenic, and I'm willing to suspend reality to accept the premise it was triggered somehow for purposes of being entertained (but I wasn't entertained) but there were still a lot of incongruities.

Why wouldn't a tank company commander with 4 platoons with 4 Abrams each plus his and the 1SGT's tank just get in line and rumble down the streets flattening zombies?

Tracked vehicles are intended for off-road use rambling through wooded areas knocking down trees, driving over fallen trees, large rocks and other things. Human bodies are nothing.

Quote:
and did anyone but me notice that the reinforcing struts for the alexandria walls were on the WRONG side?
That's because Reg was a Liberal living in a fantasy world of unicorns and rainbows.

And, he was an incompetent architect. Most likely, he got a "D" or "F" in all his physics classes.

The rock quarry was another massive Rick failure.

The time they needlessly wasted lining up cars along the road could have been used to block exit from the rock quarry.

The time they needless wasted erecting a barrier on the streets could have been used to erect a barrier at the exits of the rock quarry.

Now, all you need is anything combustible.

Oil from trucks and cars, gasoline, diesel, kerosene or propane will do.

Spraying it into the rock quarry will turn most of it into aerosol, then you just need a Molotov cocktail and burn the zombies in situ.

And, why are the zombies still standing? The human body needs energy and water for muscles to function.

They should have died out after 3 months of no food and no water, or like all carnivores and omnivores, started cannibalizing each other.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:38 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowBar View Post
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Ben Franklin
Ben Franklin did not have to deal with zombies.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:47 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What a waste.

Wrong. I was actually in the Army. Planning combat operations is what I did, since I was S-3 and sometimes S-3/S-3 Air.

There was nothing textbook or military about anything they did. Ever. Everything they did was wrong.

Where was the fire discipline?

Do you have any idea how many 1,000s of rounds of ammo they needlessly, uselessly and unnecessarily wasted firing on automatic?

Note that Merle was firing on semi-auto. He did a lot of damage. More damage than Rick and the entire group would have done firing on auto. They'd have done better if Merle led them instead of the idiot Rick.

And really, they're driving around in cars but they can't find a single bulldozer, back-hoe, Abrams or ACE anywhere?

Diesel will last a helluva lot longer than gasoline and biodiesel is easy to make.

It's 6 years and they still don't know how to deal with a herd? You get in an Abrams or M60A-series and drive over them, then use the ACE or bulldozer to push the squished dead off the road.

Come to think of it, how'd the military get over-run in the first place?

It took them a whole freaking year to figure out it had to be the brain? What, the dead started walking and the radios stopped working?

We drove over Iraqis in our Abrams and Bradleys no problem. Why would a driver not drive over the dead?

Why didn't the Air Force use daisy-cutters and fleshette rounds? 1,000, 2,000 and 3,000 lb bombs?

Detonate at the right height and those will cover 1,000 meters (1 km) and if the blades or fleshettes don't kill them, the concussion will, or at the very least, immobilize them so all they do is lay there and snarl.

And, for the record, napalm is no longer in the Air Force inventory and hasn't been for decades, so the whole thing about dropping napalm on Atlanta is pure fantasy.

And, for the record, there's several Million gallons of diesel fuel sitting around at any given time just for the taking. It'd last them 20 years.

No, wrong.

Merle would have succeeded where Rick failed massively.

The word "outpost" should have been the first clue for any competent person, but even if it wasn't, you always conduct recon/surveillance, because that is textbook military.

So, Rick failed. He failed again because he didn't properly debrief Maggie and Carol and was too stupid to figure out that if Saviors showed up at the slaughterhouse, they had to come from somewhere else.

The Saviors would have been a walk in the park.

It would have taken me less than 72 hours to find one or more Paladins.

I'd be sitting comfortably 15 miles away sipping wine and eating cheese while the Paladin lobbed 6"/155mm rounds on the Savior compound tearing it down floor by floor.

Even if I couldn't find a Paladin, there's Bradleys and Abrams. You just sit in your Abram and launch HEAT rounds at the Savior compound.

But, that wouldn't have been necessary. You just tell Negan to send the workers out and then have the Saviors surrender, or he can eat a SABOT round for lunch.

No, it doesn't.

Jenner said everybody has it, but that doesn't explain how everybody got.

Had you taken college courses in statistics, sociology, anthropology, archaeology, biology, or etc you'd understand population distributions and spreads.

If the virus -- and Jenner said it was a virus -- was exogenic, it would take a decade or more for everyone to acquire it. Witness STUPID-19 if you don't believe it, but even if the spread was faster, government would have reacted more or less in the same way it did with STUPID-19.

Jenner implied the virus was endogenic, and I'm willing to suspend reality to accept the premise it was triggered somehow for purposes of being entertained (but I wasn't entertained) but there were still a lot of incongruities.

Why wouldn't a tank company commander with 4 platoons with 4 Abrams each plus his and the 1SGT's tank just get in line and rumble down the streets flattening zombies?

Tracked vehicles are intended for off-road use rambling through wooded areas knocking down trees, driving over fallen trees, large rocks and other things. Human bodies are nothing.

That's because Reg was a Liberal living in a fantasy world of unicorns and rainbows.

And, he was an incompetent architect. Most likely, he got a "D" or "F" in all his physics classes.

The rock quarry was another massive Rick failure.

The time they needlessly wasted lining up cars along the road could have been used to block exit from the rock quarry.

The time they needless wasted erecting a barrier on the streets could have been used to erect a barrier at the exits of the rock quarry.

Now, all you need is anything combustible.

Oil from trucks and cars, gasoline, diesel, kerosene or propane will do.

Spraying it into the rock quarry will turn most of it into aerosol, then you just need a Molotov cocktail and burn the zombies in situ.

And, why are the zombies still standing? The human body needs energy and water for muscles to function.

They should have died out after 3 months of no food and no water, or like all carnivores and omnivores, started cannibalizing each other.
So it's fiction and not a documentary, then?

Old 03-19-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Ben Franklin did not have to deal with zombies.
I think had if Ben did he would make easy work of the zombies. I recall reading somewhere he was actually a hard partying badass. And a brilliant scientist. Hell of a combo.

Old 03-19-2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So it's fiction and not a documentary, then?
There has been real deep dives into the whole fictional scenerio done. Based on the clsssic Romero type walkers, they fail fast in taking down humans. Too intelligent and advanced, and based on decomposition they would fall over on thier own. But we have to overlook that based on it being a work of fiction. Same as not having the Avengers, X-Men, or The Griffin family in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV