Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 09:20 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,497,316 times

Advertisements

Limited Series we enjoyed:

"The Secrets she Keeps" starring Laura Carmichael (Lady Edith of Downton Abbey), Australian, 2020.
"The Drowning." (2021)
"A Confession" starring Martin Freeman. (true story.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 06:54 AM

2,106 posts, read 988,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The Brit actors are normal looking people for the most part, especially the British teeth. When one actor has veneers, those knashers flash like lighthouse beacons compared to everyone else.

The reverse is true for US actors sometimes, like when a homeless bum has perfectly straight, white teeth. At least stain them to make it more realistic or pop in those hillbilly joke teeth.
And the US female cop chases the perp , not a hair out of place and lipstick still perfect

Old 01-25-2022, 12:50 PM

23,655 posts, read 70,678,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolEverything View Post
I'm binge-rewatching every season of "Endeavour" on Amazon Prime. The series improved SSSOOO much in Season 5. I stuck with four seasons just because of Roger Allam and Anton Lesser. I like Shaun Evans a lot but would be lying if I said he was the draw for me. First and last, Thursday (Allam) had the role of his life. The odd thing is that in real-life, in the very rare interview he gives about the show, he seems so stand-offish about Thursday's effect on his celebrity. So many American viewers know him because of Fred Thursday.

In my opinion, Season 6 of "Endeavour" wins the prize for best British series in television history; and if you haven't seen its finale, "DeGuello"--and you're over fifty--you have missed the best single episode about courage and aging ever filmed.

My gripe is that PBS has yet to set an air-date for Season 8, which aired in the U.K. in September.
Season 6 might be the peak for Endeavour. Season 7 dragged Morse out of character enough that it was a letdown. Season 8 looks better in some ways, but one of the plots is a recycled Agatha Christie story that has had the paint changed but little else. The plot holes in it are painful.

I agree that Allam does a fantastic job, making a cardboard character come to life without upstaging. I could see a spin off of HIS early days.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:33 AM

32,737 posts, read 48,366,038 times
If you have Amazon, they have a very nice collection of Sherlock Holmes films including the ones with Basil Rathbone. You have to use the search feature to find them as they don't show up on the menu.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:56 PM

20,847 posts, read 8,676,760 times
This one will keep you guessing until the last minutes! Obsessive love and murder, starring Toby Stephens, who is the son of Maggie Smith. He is brilliant in this.

The Best Man (2006) Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWXwRf76GH8

Old 03-04-2022, 03:29 PM

23,651 posts, read 14,126,516 times
I think I have it set up now. Four months of Mystery movies, mostly Brit before I come back around to someone again.

So last night was Endeavour
Last week was McMillian & Wife (okay, some colonials in my mystery night)
From here on out, one player a week so

Morse
Lewis
Lynley
Vera
Frost
Cracker
McCloud
Banacek
Columbo
Gently
Foyle
Dalgliesh
Shetland
Banks
C.B. Strike
Prime Suspect/Tennison
Cadefel

Old 03-04-2022, 04:18 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 20 days ago)

8,826 posts, read 21,324,781 times

..Inspector Wexford ( Ruth Rendell )

She was my favorit author and I really do miss her writings.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-04-2022, 04:26 PM

23,651 posts, read 14,126,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

..Inspector Wexford ( Ruth Rendell )

She was my favorit author and I really do miss her writings.

I am not coming up with that series in imdb....can you expand?

Old 03-12-2022, 08:49 PM

2,106 posts, read 988,258 times
did anyone watch The Killing a few years ago, not a British series , it was Danish I think but I’m. Sure it was Masterpiece Theater , it was great , I was hoping to find it on Netflix , but no!

Old 03-12-2022, 09:05 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,051,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
did anyone watch The Killing a few years ago, not a British series , it was Danish I think but I’m. Sure it was Masterpiece Theater , it was great , I was hoping to find it on Netflix , but no!
It shows available on BBC—channel 4 if you have access (VPN maybe)
There are 4 seasons now I think
The US series had 2 seasons with 2 being not that great

The Channel Topic on Amazon Prime or its own site shows The Killing Danish version w/20 episodes
Don’t know if that it 1 season or 2 since I didn’t follow the first Danish version
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV