Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 08:50 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,457,191 times

Advertisements

Here we are once again. The highlights for this week's Bachelorette 2021.

So the Hometown is next week, and Katie is busy this week eliminating all the guys that are extra. At least that's what Katie said (that next week is the Hometown), though I wouldn't bet on it actually being next week. I believe that there's still more action before they put the Hometown, including next week's actual "Guy's Tell All" , which is what I think they will be airing.

Here's the highlights:

1. Greg gets the first date of the week. He is very surprised and exclaims that he didn't expect it. The other guys can't help but exclaim how jealous they are of him.

2. Greg and Katie go out on the first date of the week and they tell each other how much they really like one another. They play a few games and throw a fish around. Greg gets the first rose.

3. Greg and Katie go outside and it suddenly starts pouring. They run around in the rain and kiss each other a lot.

4. Katie starts eliminating the extra guys. She starts off by sending Brendan home before the rose ceremony.

5. Katie goes on a group date with 4 guys : Blake, Andrew, Michael, and Justin. They are asked to draw something or create some art. Nothing really amazing happens on this date.

6. Katie gives the rose to Michael.

7. Next, Katie goes on a date with Mike. They are instructed by a coach to hug and cuddle in different ways. They are very nervous around each other and neither one of them is having a good time. Mike comments that Katie is a better cuddler than his Mom, though.

8. Katie sends Mike home.

9. For the Rose Ceremony, Katie sends Andrew home. Nobody really expected that.

10. The next day, Andrew shows up again at her room to tell her how proud he is of her. He gives her a card that says "If you change your mind, I'll be waiting." This triggers Katie to start running after him until she catches up to him. She catches up to him and they have a final hug and kiss. She exclaims that this was the closure she didn't even know she needed.

11. Katie asks Andrew "If you want I can get you to stay a little longer?" , to which he answers that no, he is not that desperate to go through that again.

12. Andrew departs. Katie is seen in the previews crying because lets face it, that's what they pay her to do.

Opinion : Next week the guys will be having a Guys Tell All. That should be fun. Also, in case anybody wants to know, Bachelor in Paradise will start it's season on Aug.16 at it's regular local time slot. I'll be watching that one too. Hopefully someone will start the thread on that one.

That's all for the highlights for this week. Feel free to post any comments about anything regarding this show. I've noticed you guys are pretty reserved, but don't be afraid to say something about the show. As long as all opinions are said with the proper respect we all hold for other members of the forum, everything should be fine. I'll see you next week again with another recap. Hopefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 03:20 AM

A week ago, I was watching Extra and noticed they put a clip of Matt and Rachel, the Bachelor from last season. Though this thread is about The Bachelorette, I thought I would share the video in case anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjj8ZdWlV_k

I also was very happy for Clare and Dale (from last season's Bachelorette), since it seems they are back together!
They are so cute together. I hope they will stay together.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...again-details/

Old 07-22-2021, 04:20 PM

12,793 posts, read 15,044,774 times
I'm so glad Andrew ultimately stuck to his guns, but he totally contradicted himself, when he said in his note to her, "If you change your mind, I'll be waiting", then in the next second, he turned her down when she was willing to let her stay. But I'm glad he turned her down.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm so glad Andrew ultimately stuck to his guns, but he totally contradicted himself, when he said in his note to her, "If you change your mind, I'll be waiting", then in the next second, he turned her down when she was willing to let her stay. But I'm glad he turned her down.
Yeah, I'm glad too. Andrew knew he was not first choice, so why go back. Not sure what she had in mind . Did she just want him for the night?

Old 07-23-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Yeah, I'm glad too. Andrew knew he was not first choice, so why go back. Not sure what she had in mind . Did she just want him for the night?

Perhaps so. I don't know why she picked artist guy at all (forgot his name) over Andrew. The show showed a LOT more romantic interaction & chemistry between her & Andrew than her & artist guy.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:12 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,821,519 times
Quote:
Perhaps so. I don't know why she picked artist guy at all (forgot his name) over Andrew. The show showed a LOT more romantic interaction & chemistry between her & Andrew than her & artist guy.
Often shows do that to have like a “ shocker”

Old 07-25-2021, 04:06 PM

19,736 posts, read 10,168,966 times
You do realize that is a scripted show with actors?

Old 07-25-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post

True. Yes, I realize it. I know how every season they seem to have them pick a conttroversial person that everyone hates to keep things "interesting".

Old 07-25-2021, 07:46 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,424,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post

7. Next, Katie goes on a date with Mike. They are instructed by a coach to hug and cuddle in different ways. They are very nervous around each other and neither one of them is having a good time. Mike comments that Katie is a better cuddler than his Mom, though.
Umm, you forgot probably the creepiest part of the date. Mike says in the sidebar interview something like Katie's cuddling reminds him of his Mom's, when he used to sit at her knee and she would scratch his head to sleep. That was bad, but then he makes it even WORSE by whispering to Katie, "You remind me of my Mom." Oh dude. Way to kill the vibe.

I think Andrew's note meant if things didn't work out at the end of the show, he'd still love to be with her. However, what she proposed to him sounded like she just wanted to string him along for a few more days, and that wasn't fair to him. So glad he turned that down!

Old 07-26-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Well it's not exactly scripted, per say, but it is heavily choreographed so they have interesting stuff to make the viewers more interested. The other stuff is real.

Quote:
True. Yes, I realize it. I know how every season they seem to have them pick a conttroversial person that everyone hates to keep things "interesting".
Yeah, they do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Umm, you forgot probably the creepiest part of the date. Mike says in the sidebar interview something like Katie's cuddling reminds him of his Mom's, when he used to sit at her knee and she would scratch his head to sleep. That was bad, but then he makes it even WORSE by whispering to Katie, "You remind me of my Mom." Oh dude. Way to kill the vibe.
Lol, that's probably why she did sent him home, though. :tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I think Andrew's note meant if things didn't work out at the end of the show, he'd still love to be with her. However, what she proposed to him sounded like she just wanted to string him along for a few more days, and that wasn't fair to him. So glad he turned that down!
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV