Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 07:11 AM

1,013 posts, read 725,475 times

Advertisements

The green dress Katie wore reminded me of the classic Carol Burnett skit of Gone With the Wind drapes pulled off the window to make a dress!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 09:12 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLfan1977 View Post
The green dress Katie wore reminded me of the classic Carol Burnett skit of Gone With the Wind drapes pulled off the window to make a dress!
Yes!! Exactly.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:40 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Okay, it's that time again folks. Recap for Bachelorette episode 4, Season 17.

1. Katie made the guys eat tons of food. Tons. Then a habanera pepper.
My opinion : Why would she think it would be fun? To me, it was just stupid. Sorry.

2. Greg voices his concerns that he's got a weak stomach. She says that they are having a fight.
My opinion :

3. It seems Tre genuinely cares about Katie. He tells her about Thomas' manipulativeness. Andrew disagrees and wants Katie to figure it out on her own. It all works out for Tre, and he gets a rose. Andrew gets thrown out at the Rose ceremony.
My opinion : Good. Tre told her how the group felt in a very articulate and caring and detailed way. She was able to understand the issue the way he explained it. He deserved to get the rose.

4. Blake from Taysha's season shows up. He waltzes in like "poor Katie" was just waiting for him to come to get her. He asks for a chance to stay.

5. Thomas goes to talk to Katie. Katie doesn't fall for it and sends him home, humilliating him in front of everybody at the Rose ceremony.

6. Blake gets admitted into the group, by Katie. Drama ahead.

That's my recap for this weeks Bachelorette. Feel free to post your own recap, ideas, thoughts, suggestions, etc.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:34 PM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Not worth my time to watch - between Colton - who's a farce, the racist agenda pushed, cancelling Chris Harrison and the latest Ari, Colton and Tayshia applying and getting the Covid small business loans when they are each worth millions - they could all fall off a cliff and wouldn't be missed.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Not worth my time to watch - between Colton - who's a farce, the racist agenda pushed, cancelling Chris Harrison and the latest Ari, Colton and Tayshia applying and getting the Covid small business loans when they are each worth millions - they could all fall off a cliff and wouldn't be missed.

Yup, it was unfortunate how Colton ended up being gay. This is why I usually only watch SOME of the Bachelor's shows. I do watch ALL the Bachelorettes shows, though, if I can. All those guys.

The racist agenda was pushed a little too far. I didn't like that Rachel was condemned for something that happened so long ago and had no racist intent on her part. I can understand Matt being hurt, though. But it was all the people who wanted to burn her at the stake that ended up getting in the way of something beautiful.

Chris Harrison was kicked out for standing up for Rachel, and that was a little too much, as well. While I could take or leave most hosts' of shows, it seems that he lost his job somewhat unnecessarily..

I was not aware of what Ari, Colton, and Taysha had done, but maybe they should return the money.

Ya know, sometimes these things happen. Contestants mess up, because they are just regular people like you and me. I just try to get past it, and focus on the good. There's a lot of good people in the show, and they deserve a chance. Don't let a few rotten apples ruin it for you. The show is still very good in spite of the upsets. This season they have a few good guys, you might like. Forget about the other ones.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:37 PM

Episode 5, Season 17 Recap

1. Blake, from Clare and Taysha's season, joins the crew. Katie immediately takes him out on a date. They go horseback riding and quickly get to smooching together on the first date. Katie approves.

2. All the guys are upset that Blake is there.

3. Katie gives Blake a rose.

4. The tumbleweeds continue to roll....

5. Katie goes out on a group date with all 13 guys.

6. They all play a sport called Bash Ball. They all look shredded in their outfits.

7. Hunter gets aggressive so everyone else does too, until someone knocks down Michael A. They cancel the rest of the game because of this.

8. In the evening they all spend time with her.

9. Aaron blames Hunter for the problems at the game. He speaks to other guys about him. Meanwhile, even though Hunter does get super cocky with the other guys, he shows Katie the pictures of his kids, and Katie is pleased with him. He gets a rose.

10. Greg is super moved by Michael A.'s story of loss and cries with him and gives him a hug.

11. The next night, or several nights later, Katie takes Andrew S. into the woods. He is visibly nervous. They play a game called "Grab the Envelope", where he answers different questions for Katie.

12. Andrew S. and Katie address the interracial couple issue. Afterwards, they make out in a bathtub outdoors.

13. On rose night, Hunter monopolizes Katie's time by spending as much time as possible with her, even though he already has a rose. The other guys are super upset with Hunter for taking time with her when they are short on time.

14. Everything works out for the best at the rose ceremony and things are harmonious in the house.

15. At the very end of the show, they showed a clip of a preview for the season. Some faces come out several times.

Thanks for reading. Leave any comments below.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:58 PM

Okay folks, it's that time again. Here's the highlights for tonight's episode.
Feel free to comment.

1. We start off the show with Katy talking with her friends. She thanks Taysha for sending Blake in. It seems he's in her top 4 picks, along with Andrew, Greg, and Michael.

2. For their first challenge, Katy asks the guys to not "self-care". This is starting to get more and more immature as the episodes continue.

3. She goes out on the week's first date with Justin. She dresses up as a bride and he dresses up as a groom. They read their wedding vows to each other and take pictures together, like real newlyweds.

4. Justin gets the first rose of the week.

5. Katy sends the guys to see some drag queens. ( Oh boy). They are given the task to roast each other. The guys are too polite to do it, so the drag queens start asking questions to make them talk. Everybody starts to say that Hunter is the least qualified to be with Katy. Hunter decides to take the high road and doesn't throw shade at any of the guys back.

6. James speaks to Katy about Hunter. Then Tre and Aaron do too. She speaks with Hunter, but isn't convinced. She throws up and cancels the rose ceremony.

7. Conner B. goes on a date with Katy. They play volleyball. Katy is convinced Conner is the whole package, but she isn't sure the chemistry is there. She demands they have one last kiss to seal the deal, or let him go.

8. She sends Conner home. The guys are sad at his departure.

9. Blake shows up outside Katy's room with the radio playing. She cheers up with him there. She claims he's a "real romantic".

10. I went into the kitchen to get a turkey sandwich during the commercials. By the time I got back, Katy was at the rose ceremony and gave a rose to everybody but Aaron, Tre, James, and Hunter. She ends up sending three of her best guys home.

Opinion: The way this Bachelorette is going (getting rid of her best prospects), she's going to end up like Hannah Brown.

Feel free to leave any opinions. Or fill me in to what happened while I went to the kitchen. (I'm not going to stream it. If I do, I'll have to start from the top, and who has time for that?)

Old 07-12-2021, 09:28 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
The only thing you missed is that she took Hunter aside to talk, then made him go back into the room, then got rid of him anyway. That was rude.

Also, she insisted that from now on she just wants to concentrate on those men to whom she is already attached, so she didn't need time to talk with anyone or a cocktail party, she just wanted to do the rose ceremony.

To me, and I haven't seen or heard any spoilers, it seems obvious that she's going to pick either Greg or Blake, and I'd put a bet on Michael A being the next Bachelor.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The only thing you missed is that she took Hunter aside to talk, then made him go back into the room, then got rid of him anyway. That was rude.

Also, she insisted that from now on she just wants to concentrate on those men to whom she is already attached, so she didn't need time to talk with anyone or a cocktail party, she just wanted to do the rose ceremony.

To me, and I haven't seen or heard any spoilers, it seems obvious that she's going to pick either Greg or Blake, and I'd put a bet on Michael A being the next Bachelor.
Thanks for filling me in to what happened.

I think she's going to pick Greg, too. I saw the preview they put last week and he comes out in 4 scenes wearing a different shirt. Then I noticed the way she looks at him when she talks to him today and she has that same creepy look on her face that Clare had when she used to talk to Dale.

As for her being rude, yup. She's real immature. I wonder how old she is?

Old 07-13-2021, 08:37 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
thanks for filling me in to what happened.

i think she's going to pick greg, too. I saw the preview they put last week and he comes out in 4 scenes wearing a different shirt. Then i noticed the way she looks at him when she talks to him today and she has that same creepy look on her face that clare had when she used to talk to dale.

as for her being rude, yup. She's real immature. i wonder how old she is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV