Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 04:59 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,923,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Yes, I never cared for her that much when she was just 1 of the ladies on the Bachelor, but I still watch anyway. She got rid of the really nice one who dressed up like a cat. He seemed really nice anyway, but at least she got rid of the few snakes too.
I only started watching this season recently. I saw the episode before Men Tell All, Men Tell All, and then last night's episode.

Katie seems very into physical attraction. The guy who dressed up as a cat was not a very good kisser in her opinion (she said she never felt a spark when they were kissing). So that's why she got rid of him, even if he was nice.

Greg was acting really strange/manipulative last night and she dodged a bullet IMO. He knows how the show is, so he can't expect her to just not date other people and profess her love at that point. If he acted like that last night, there would definitely be jealousy issues down the road and they wouldn't make it. Although, when he said he loved her, Katie should have acknowledged it and told him what she was telling all their family members (why she was waiting to say it). I thought that she may have done this, but with editing, they may not have shown it (but I guess she didn't).

Not sure what will happen now. It seemed like the guy with the kid (who left) and Greg were her top 2. The Canadian guy seems like he's her next favorite if she decides to stay, and if the men decide to stay (since the previews seem to hint that they may want to leave since it's obvious she's so distraught over Greg leaving).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 08:54 PM

12,804 posts, read 15,082,426 times
Now that I've watched the latest ep, Greg wasn't being fair at all in being all mad/offended that she couldn't reciprocate her true feelings yet. This is how this show goes & he signed up for this. Most except for just ONE is going to be hurt at the end of this & all the guys should have known this coming in.

Katie could have verbally expressed that better though to him about this is how this process works which he should have understood.

Lastly, if she's willing to just end everything & fly home now, that truly shows she likes Greg the most of the last 3 guys total (including Greg).

Well, it's a 3-hr finale, so we shall see...

Old 08-03-2021, 11:44 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,641,511 times
Yes, MAJOR red flags with Greg in the most recent episode. I was sitting there saying, "Wow, what a jerk!" He was emotionally manipulative, needy, and stupid considering that he knew he was on a reality show with regulations the lead has to follow. Katie dodged a bullet when he left. I hope they do NOT get back together. In fact, I now hope that she doesn't get engaged to anyone, but just buys herself a nice ring set for the heck of it.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:31 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,472,083 times
I'm gonna have to rewatch that part. I might of gotten distracted at that very moment.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:58 PM

5,121 posts, read 16,625,105 times
I was left confused with Katie & Greg's conversation. Was it edited? It didn't seem to flow. If he was truly her "#1", she didn't even acknowledge when he said he loved her. She just sat there in silence. Whether the camera angles were weird, or she was tilting her head away from him, it seemed very odd to me. On the flip side, that's a lot of pressure on her to be the ONE person who has brought Greg out of the darkness he's been in since his father's death. She shouldn't have that heavy burden on her heart. When they were whispering in the dark, it seemed as though she wanted to tell him that she loved him too. But perhaps she held back due to requirements of the show.

He seems like he will be very emotionally needy in the future (if there is one between them). I don't know if Katie wants to be in a relationship like that.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:28 PM

27,221 posts, read 46,857,427 times
I had some mixed feelings about what I saw on the show aside of not knowing if a lot of what we saw was edited.

Greg poured out his heart in a very sincere way. I also thought how can she sit there so stoic like an ice queen she usually isn’t.

Katie to me has been the nicest and most down to earth, bachelorette but in that moment I saw someone without any emotions. That must have been a clear sign for Greg as many prior bachelorettes have showed feelings, regardless of telling they loved the person back or not. Katie looked not be in love at that moment, while the chemistry between the two was clearly there.

I agree with Katie that there are two other contestants but it felt off and I can’t blame Greg. Although Greg knew from the start there will most likely be 2 people at the finish line and only one “wins” the final rose.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:22 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,472,083 times
So I was finally able to rewatch the Bachelorette including the first half hour which I had missed. I did not realize so much had happened in that little half hour. It changed the tone of the rest of the show, for sure. I was able to get down some highlights for the first half hour, even though it's several days late now, in case anybody is interested. I also figured out what really transpired between Greg and Katie.

1. It turns out that Katie did the Hometown with Blake and Justin too. (I had no idea).

2. Katie goes on a date with Blake. Blake says he used to bartend and that he goes to the bar every weekend to play darts. He constantly grabs and squeezes her butt. Katie is extremely happy that Blake didn't forget all the sex they had on the first date.

3. They ride a moose together. Blake sits in the back, while Katie sits in front. Katie is very happy that Blake can't get any closer.

4. Greg sees Katie and Blake on their date and realizes Katie is really happy with Blake. He is not cool with it.

5. Katie meets Blakes mom. Blake tells Katie that her son is "smitten".

6. Blake and Katie haven't said they loved each other and both are cool with it.

7. Blake's mom likes Katie because she's "genuine".

8. It's clear to see, Katie couldn't be more into anybody else. I think she will pick him.

Justin

1. It's Justin's turn to do the Hometown. But there's a problem. Justin's parents refuse to join their son for a Hometown to meet Katie. So he takes his two best friends, Herb and Tommy, to meet Katie. Herb and Tommy are 2 swell dudes.

2. Since Justin can't take Katie to meet his parents in Baltimore, he brings "Baltimore" to Katie. So they ride in a horse-drawn carriage around the hotel looking at boards that were drawn up with the name Baltimore on it and another one with graffiti, "because Baltimore has a lot of graffiti". They seem to enjoy the ride in the desert.

3. Katie decides that since Justin's parents didn't show up, Justin is not ready for a proposal.

4. There's no way she ends up with Justin. But now he's probably a contender to be the next Bachelor. This is fine, he seems like a nice guy.

Greg and Katie meltdown

I rewatched the part where Katie and Greg are talking about their feelings.

Now that I saw the first half hour, I realize that Greg was mad and jealous of Blake, which is why he cornered Katie to express her true feelings for him. Katie picked up on it and this led to the meltdown. Greg was just reacting to what he saw, and was feeling extremely jealous and insecure, as would anyone if they realized what was happening behind their back.

Seeing Katie being so happy with Blake really unhinged Greg. When he told her how he felt again, in her room, she was very slow in responding in a caring way. Very slow. I think she just didn't care that he was so distraught. This was a huge red flag. He was right in walking out on her, imo. She failed to be real with him.

The thing about shows like these, is that it is based on people getting stringed along and then hurt, unfortunately.

Seems that next week will be the final rose, and Katie will be answering the questions from the men. She's seen talking to Greg and they are still arguing, and Katie continues to put the blame on Greg. She just doesn't get it.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:19 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,641,511 times
Wow, disagree completely.

GREG was the guilty party, being immature, emotionally needy, insecure, demanding and unpractical. Imagine a lifetime with someone whiny like that. Nope, nope, nope.

It's Katie who dodged the bullet.

Old 08-09-2021, 02:00 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,619,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Now that I've watched the latest ep, Greg wasn't being fair at all in being all mad/offended that she couldn't reciprocate her true feelings yet. This is how this show goes & he signed up for this. Most except for just ONE is going to be hurt at the end of this & all the guys should have known this coming in.

Katie could have verbally expressed that better though to him about this is how this process works which he should have understood.

Lastly, if she's willing to just end everything & fly home now, that truly shows she likes Greg the most of the last 3 guys total (including Greg).

Well, it's a 3-hr finale, so we shall see...

I totally hate to say it but IMO it was all scripted to make it more dramatic. I don’t believe she was that upset about Greg leaving....more shocked that he seemed to not want her @ the end because she thought he was really there for her. Katie was never going to pick Greg tho IMO. It’s been super obvious to me all along who she wants. Greg was kind of like the math teacher Connor....he’s cute & she liked him, but no spark or passion. AND he talked about his dad too much when it’s not like he just died. Who wants to be told that a man has feelings for you because she helped him get past his hurt about his dad??? I was like...oh no....did he really just say that? AND he said it twice!

Old 08-10-2021, 12:41 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,619,951 times
^^I knew it! I could tell it was going to be Blake almost from the start! So happy for them to see him propose to her!

Anybody else think her Aunt was rude tho? With all the families I’ve seen on the show...I’ve never seen somebody so cold, arrogant & angry before. Like when she told Blake he doesn’t matter & she kept rolling her eyes & saying “that’s not how it works”. The man is 30 yo & she was treating him like she knows better about how he feels than he does. Even Katie called her cold....I felt super embarrassed for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV