Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2022, 09:27 PM

186 posts, read 95,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
They should start a new thread to commensurate with each other then
I pay to see it and I want to discuss it
Not listen to people moan who don’t
Basically you want the thread to be the way you want it and not let other people say what they need to say? It's all part of the discussion, and anyone has a right to give their input. I dunno, maybe start a thread that says something to the effect of "1883, and NO complaining about having to pay for it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2022, 09:36 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,016,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH283 View Post
Basically you want the thread to be the way you want it and not let other people say what they need to say? It's all part of the discussion, and anyone has a right to give their input. I dunno, maybe start a thread that says something to the effect of "1883, and NO complaining about having to pay for it".
Well it is, "1883 begins 12/10/21", not ways to watch "1883".

Old 01-16-2022, 09:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH283 View Post
Got it
As the post after yours says the thread is about 1883
Not about Paramount Plus’s serialization practices

Old 01-16-2022, 11:36 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,580 times
Episode 5 was strong. It had a little bit of everything.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:37 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Elsa is too ornery to die from an arrow, before she finishes the greatest Adventure of her life...
I'm a little confused... thinking the Greatest Adventure she had to date, her mamma discovered her learnin about baseball with her ennis rounding 3rd for home, and all of a sudden, she goes from wearin' her dungarees to a dress of White?

Yup, I'm confused.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:15 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
Amazing episode last night. The actress who pays Elsa should get an Emmy for that. I actually teared up.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:21 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
They should start a new thread to commensurate with each other then
I pay to see it and I want to discuss it
Not listen to people moan who don’t
LOL!! You would need to create your own forum website in order to control the content.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:44 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,279,972 times
The Show last night was a stunner, and game changer for me, and now we must wait two more weeks for the next Epi....Elsa's acting actually had me in tears....amazing how the story lines suck you in, chew you a bit and spit you out before you had time to taste anything.

This show and all of Sheridan's shows are exceptional....his writing is impectable...I believe we all have an idea that the Wild West was romantic, beautiful, free, the way Elsa poetically talks about it, in the beginning, but as she said last night, the fangs of freedom, dug deep into her...and has changed her life and who she is forever. She has most certainly turned into a woman after this epi..."oh Lord the reality of awakening"

Very much enjoyed the way Ennis stood up to James Dutton, reassuring him that nothing will stop him from being with Elsa. and his last words, "I loved her" ....SMH, heartwrenching

At first it was confusing to watch the wagons take off and Josef and his wife staying behing, and I kept wondering why? Soon enough, though, it became clear....

I am always astonished how hard core Brennon must be....no matter how harsh, otherwise, the whole wagon train would perish due to the selfish ways of man. We are a complex breed are we not? but Brennon always takes the necessary steps to be a good leader, putting the majority first, a good leader is able to make unpopular decisons, and Brennon proves he is most certainly the right man for the job.

Love the way Sheridan's mind works to create these epic shows....I am moved by James's acting, how emotion streams from his face and eyes...without him saying one word, his acting surprises me...and it's always nice to see the softer side of Margaret...

If you haven't caught Sheridan's Mayor of Kingstown yet, you must, it is also an eye awakening of what really goes on out there...

Old 01-17-2022, 10:01 AM

5,869 posts, read 11,930,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The Show last night was a stunner, and game changer for me, and now we must wait two more weeks for the next Epi....Elsa's acting actually had me in tears....amazing how the story lines suck you in, chew you a bit and spit you out before you had time to taste anything.

This show and all of Sheridan's shows are exceptional....his writing is impectable...I believe we all have an idea that the Wild West was romantic, beautiful, free, the way Elsa poetically talks about it, in the beginning, but as she said last night, the fangs of freedom, dug deep into her...and has changed her life and who she is forever. She has most certainly turned into a woman after this epi..."oh Lord the reality of awakening"

Very much enjoyed the way Ennis stood up to James Dutton, reassuring him that nothing will stop him from being with Elsa. and his last words, "I loved her" ....SMH, heartwrenching

At first it was confusing to watch the wagons take off and Josef and his wife staying behing, and I kept wondering why? Soon enough, though, it became clear....

I am always astonished how hard core Brennon must be....no matter how harsh, otherwise, the whole wagon train would perish due to the selfish ways of man. We are a complex breed are we not? but Brennon always takes the necessary steps to be a good leader, putting the majority first, a good leader is able to make unpopular decisons, and Brennon proves he is most certainly the right man for the job.

Love the way Sheridan's mind works to create these epic shows....I am moved by James's acting, how emotion streams from his face and eyes...without him saying one word, his acting surprises me...and it's always nice to see the softer side of Margaret...

If you haven't caught Sheridan's Mayor of Kingstown yet, you must, it is also an eye awakening of what really goes on out there...
I too am surprised at Tim McGraw's performance here- I wasn't expecting much. I knew he'd done a bit of acting but really wasn't expecting him to be so darn good! It's a great role for him.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:48 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I too am surprised at Tim McGraw's performance here- I wasn't expecting much. I knew he'd done a bit of acting but really wasn't expecting him to be so darn good! It's a great role for him.
Indeed I am shocked, or was, and Faith is our very own Beth, isn't she? But a tad softer....lol

But when the tough gets going, Faith is certainly not afraid to step up and do what has to be done!

I believe Taylor gives women a lot more credit then most, he invents their potential and purpose, and develops a loyal strong character to self.....a lot of strength to his women characters, he must have had the influence of strong willed dedicated women during the course of his life...and gives them credit and respect in his writing.

Also, the actors he chooses to represent him, quite frankly, do his writing justice.

As you, I was stunned when they announced the actors for 1883, and now I'm pleased.

Especially Elsa, he is a gem....isn't she

and I did so admire Ennis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV