Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2022, 03:32 PM

37,669 posts, read 46,107,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
As Far as Elsa, Love her to death, and think she is doing a great job....
Agreed! Man that last episode...sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 05:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Valid mean “reasonable” or cogent
Not on topic
OK both views are reasonable.

I already pay for internet, and streaming services, and a myriad of other small charges that add up. I'm done. I'll wait till I can get this one at no charge - which will be eventually and I'm just not desperate enough for it to sign up for Paramount to see it.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:38 AM

1,348 posts, read 630,157 times
The movie is amazing. Strong people, bright characters. I watched 4 episodes. I look forward to continuing.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:53 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,624,770 times
People sure like fantasy!

Old 01-22-2022, 10:33 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,261,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

They get enough reality in real life!

Old 01-22-2022, 10:42 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,960,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Beside the use of one term and the use of “tropes” which to me seem unavoidable based on the history of those treks, you haven’t given any other examples of anachonisms…

And to certain extent anything you watch or read that is “fiction” is fantasy because it is created in the mind of a writer to be experienced by a viewer….

If I read a novel and you read a novel we both likely come away with at least slightly different perceptions and assessments of what the writer produced…
Same with movies/tv shows—the audience can find a variety of aspects to agree or disagree with

Old 01-23-2022, 07:00 AM

186 posts, read 95,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Beside the use of one term and the use of “tropes” which to me seem unavoidable based on the history of those treks, you haven’t given any other examples of anachonisms…

And to certain extent anything you watch or read that is “fiction” is fantasy because it is created in the mind of a writer to be experienced by a viewer….

If I read a novel and you read a novel we both likely come away with at least slightly different perceptions and assessments of what the writer produced…
Same with movies/tv shows—the audience can find a variety of aspects to agree or disagree with
There ya have it. English Lit 101...well said.

Old 01-23-2022, 03:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,960,664 times
Missing watching it…

Old 01-24-2022, 12:34 AM

7,388 posts, read 12,702,376 times
I think Paramount+ is being overconfident. 1883 does not have the draw that Yellowstone has, not yet, anyway, and I'm not sure that a new series should skip a week, especially in these "streaming" times. Some of us are committed to watch the whole thing, but I'm sure some viewers are going to lose interest if there isn't a new episode posted every week--and we're all paying for access to the series! Honestly, I feel we're being taken for granted. I don't like that. Once the 1883 season is over, we're going to drop P+ as fast as we can. There is nothing else on the channel that we feel like watching, and the commercials are endless. Then we may sign back up again when the 6666 series rolls around.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:32 AM

186 posts, read 95,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I think Paramount+ is being overconfident. 1883 does not have the draw that Yellowstone has, not yet, anyway, and I'm not sure that a new series should skip a week, especially in these "streaming" times. Some of us are committed to watch the whole thing, but I'm sure some viewers are going to lose interest if there isn't a new episode posted every week--and we're all paying for access to the series! Honestly, I feel we're being taken for granted. I don't like that. Once the 1883 season is over, we're going to drop P+ as fast as we can. There is nothing else on the channel that we feel like watching, and the commercials are endless. Then we may sign back up again when the 6666 series rolls around.
Yup, we feel exactly the same way in my house. Anytime in the past a show started going every other week or two weeks in between, we just quit watching. Keeping up week to week is hard enough. I miss the good old days of a definite Fall and Spring season with a summer break. The "new" TV is hard to keep up with. Some shows start at the beginning or middle of Summer. It's just odd.

I love epic westerns and 1883 is good, but it's not like I think or talk about it after watching it.....not like we do Yellowstone or even the new 6666 series I would imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV