Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 03:54 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,330,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Well, considering we're talking about a fictional show...I'll risk that folly. What I saw on TV was Ennis, Elsa, and the other cowhand being a threesome much of the time.
And in real life the cattle would have scattered to the four winds if the three people responsible for tending them spent some much time in the same place. Even a fictional show needs to get a few essential things right in order to be taken seriously. It's not like it's part of the Marvel universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL!! Obviously it is a TV show. That means it IS an alternate reality and Taylor Sheridan makes the rules. You don't want that, don't watch the show. Kinda simple.
I stopped expecting much from the story after about the second episode but continued to watch for the scenery and the horseflesh and just to see what happened, if you have a problem with that it's your problem. Throughout the 31 pages of this thread and others on here there are many posts alluding to the authenticity of this show, somebody has to come along once in awhile to set the record straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 07:38 AM

28,984 posts, read 30,384,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Well, considering we're talking about a fictional show...I'll risk that folly. What I saw on TV was Ennis, Elsa, and the other cowhand being a threesome much of the time.
Indeed, lest we forget that in the end, the last time they spend together, they thank Elsa and tell her it was a pleasure riding with her, and working the cattle....and basically idolized her character, cherished her as a friend and fellow cowhand.

Old 03-08-2022, 08:28 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,046,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Indeed, lest we forget that in the end, the last time they spend together, they thank Elsa and tell her it was a pleasure riding with her, and working the cattle....and basically idolized her character, cherished her as a friend and fellow cowhand.
FWIW—they knew she was dying—and while I think they meant what they said—
Did you expect them to tell her hard truths about BO and bad life choices?

Old 03-08-2022, 08:42 AM

37,743 posts, read 46,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
And in real life the cattle would have scattered to the four winds if the three people responsible for tending them spent some much time in the same place. Even a fictional show needs to get a few essential things right in order to be taken seriously. It's not like it's part of the Marvel universe.

I stopped expecting much from the story after about the second episode but continued to watch for the scenery and the horseflesh and just to see what happened, if you have a problem with that it's your problem. Throughout the 31 pages of this thread and others on here there are many posts alluding to the authenticity of this show, somebody has to come along once in awhile to set the record straight.

I’m clearly not the one that has a problem. But have a great day now okay?

Old 03-08-2022, 09:50 AM

5,732 posts, read 3,230,747 times
Quote:

I'm not knocking you...some people can go with the flow and just watch the show. Others (who know more about the subject matter usually) get caught up on the details. Probably, in all fairness, if I knew all about the cowboy life, I'd feel compelled to point out where things veer from reality. BUT I'm NOT that informed on the cowboy life, so I rolled with the flow. :-)

My dad used to build model airplanes of WWII planes. US, Japanese, German, etc. Whenever we'd watch a WWII movie, he HAD to point out whatever details that were not real life. It didn't matter to us, but it was his compulsion. When you know stuff...you know stuff. lol

Old 03-08-2022, 10:21 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,032,048 times
There was a reason my last post was in the middle of January in this thread. Just enjoy the show for what it was.

Old 03-08-2022, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
FWIW—they knew she was dying—and while I think they meant what they said—
Did you expect them to tell her hard truths about BO and bad life choices?
They respected her for who she was....didn't seem to me they were calculating any bad life choices, for the moment they were in, I thought it was respectful, and like to think there is that goodness of honestly because she was dying, it sat right with me. for me it worked....

Old 03-08-2022, 12:37 PM

11,124 posts, read 6,716,629 times
Quote:

That's what we watched for too: scenery, horseflesh, countryside. But having lived on a working ranch, and had horses all my life (including horse camping), some details get irritating.

Like torches and campfires that go all night on a couple tiny branches. Horses staying where you drop the reins. Horses staying in their saddles all night. Horses never get to eat. Horses can gallop all day---can't walk---gotta gallop, lol. Trekking endlessly across the grassless desert....

Need some sort of realism. But it's fine for most folks, and I laugh at myself for noticing all this. We still enjoy it, even when the plot is not believable or understandable.

Old 03-08-2022, 01:42 PM

7,401 posts, read 12,731,071 times
Funny, because horses is Sheridan's "thing." But the story is driven by its own inner logic, and some realism has to be sacrificed. I think most of us with knowledge of history get that.

Old 03-08-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Funny, because horses is Sheridan's "thing." But the story is driven by its own inner logic, and some realism has to be sacrificed. I think most of us with knowledge of history get that.
Thank you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV