Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 10:57 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Sure they can…

Spoiler

And what do you bet the snake-bit guy loses the leg below the knee from gangrene and his wife dies from brain bleed/concussion…

[/spoiler]
yes, that was a huge snake, wasn't it....

boy when you stop and think about it, they sure didn't have much in the way of medical knowledge back then did they....
Honestly when I was watching this epi, not only did I cry but got sick to my stomach, watching what they had to deal with....we don't know how good we have it, do we.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 07:00 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Sam is 77 after all
He is playing a 45 year old.

Old 02-22-2022, 07:29 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
He is playing a 45 year old.
It’s about 2.35 years each on the range. Legend has it.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
You noticed that, too! Little John has a baby brother by then. But that flashback scene itself...very disturbing .. Of course Elsa could be safe, back in Texas with Comanche Sam by that time, but I fear that reality has struck. Highly unusual to put an end to the narrator of a story--but in a way we are all narrators of our own story, aren't we? It makes it extremely realistic that the narrator's voice may be silenced...

About the two extra episodes: I'm confused, too, because we hear that this series has 10 episodes, but we also hear that two more episodes have been "ordered," and that there will be a 2nd season. I think what happened was that Sheridan had only planned 10 episodes, but Paramount now realizes they have a(nother) winner on their hands, and they want at least a wrap-up of 1883--but do we get two more episodes later this year? Or another season next year? Or both?
I believe I read somewhere, and I forget where, that another season has been approved? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Old 02-22-2022, 10:08 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe I read somewhere, and I forget where, that another season has been approved? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Yep.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/188...el-1235182761/

Old 02-23-2022, 12:09 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have read that article 3 times now, and I still only see that additional episodes have been ordered, not that a 2nd season has been approved:
Quote:
Yellowstone” prequel “1883” has been renewed for additional episodes at Paramount Plus
However, this website seems to confirm it:
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/news...news-spoilers/

Quote:
Is 1883 season 2 happening?
You bet! Paramount has officially announced that 1883 will return for a second season following a "record-breaking performance" that made the series the most-watched show on Paramount+ to do. Given the loyal following of the Yellowstone universe—which also includes a podcast and a behind-the-scenes special—this news comes as no surprise.
Here's another perspective:
https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...-trailer-news/
Quote:
Future episodes of 1883 will likely further connect these two generations, as John Dutton’s (Kevin Costner) grandfather first reaches Montana with his father, James (Tim McGraw), and mother, Margaret (Faith Hill). From Yellowstone’s most recent season, we know that James settles the land, which will become the Yellowstone. Along the way, he encounters tribes of Native Americans, one with which he parleys during a flashback scene dated 1893, when John (John Dutton I.) is an adolescent. The second season of 1883 will probably not occur during its titular year, and we may find the narrative focusing more on an older John. (The current season has mostly taken the perspective of his sister, Elsa.)
And here you can see that it is totally confusing:
https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...83-season-two/
Quote:
As the sun sets over the plains of 1883's first season, viewers of (this particular one of) creator Taylor Sheridan's western epic(-s, you know, because he has multiple) will be happy to know that Paramount+ is very much interested in bringing the series back for more episodes. Does that mean a Season Two? Not exactly. Or yet, anyway.
During an investor call in February, the platform confirmed that it would be ordering more episodes of 1883, ultimately adding onto the current season, which currently consists of nine episodes. At present, there is no official return date for the series, but with Sheridan's other projects in the works, it's likely that the series will debut around the same time it premiered, which is to say late in 2022.
The series stars Sam Elliott, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Billy Bob Thornton, Isabel May, LaMonica Garrett, Marc Rissmann, Audie Rick, Eric Nelsen and James Landry Hébert. 1883 has quickly become a hallmark series for Paramount+, drawing in 4.9 million viewers for its premiere—the largest audience for a Paramount+ series to date. (This is dangerously close to Yellowstone's average 5 million viewers per episode, which airs on Paramount Network.)
What I get out of that is that we'll see some kind of limited series as a wrap-up of 1883, including the scene with James and the Indian chief, and James as a sheriff. Was that planned from the start? Who knows. I tend to think that Sheridan has planned it all along, but has let it depend on the success of the series.

Old 02-23-2022, 05:53 AM

186 posts, read 94,989 times
I gotta say, this is the first I have ever seen Sam Elliot play an individual who is vulnerable and sometimes even scared. It's different for sure.

Oh, and Elsa or Else...whatever her name is, will not be missed by me. I am tired of her character for a myriad of reasons.

Old 02-23-2022, 06:53 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,842 times
"Yellowstone" Season 5 will air in the Summer/Fall of 2022 with 7 episodes, followed by Season 2 of "1883," followed by 7 more episodes of "Yellowstone." It isn't clear how many episodes will be included in the second season of "1883." https://www.wsj.com/articles/yellows...ne-11644955278

Old 02-23-2022, 10:57 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,273,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I have read that article 3 times now, and I still only see that additional episodes have been ordered, not that a 2nd season has been approved:
However, this website seems to confirm it:
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/news...news-spoilers/

Here's another perspective:
https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...-trailer-news/
And here you can see that it is totally confusing:
https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...83-season-two/
What I get out of that is that we'll see some kind of limited series as a wrap-up of 1883, including the scene with James and the Indian chief, and James as a sheriff. Was that planned from the start? Who knows. I tend to think that Sheridan has planned it all along, but has let it depend on the success of the series.
The release from ViacomCBS doesn't mention anything specifically about a second season, just that "more of its hit series from Taylor Sheridan, 1883, is planned for the service following a record-breaking performance." All these media outlets have the same information, they're just either seeing what they want to see or printing what they think their fans want to see.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I read a theory that the other boy is actually Elsa's son. To me, that could make sense. When she was with Ennis, there was a lot of talk about pregnancy and raising babies. And if that is the case than Elsa would have alive at least long enough to have a baby.
yes, but if you remember, after Ennis was killed, she went off to wash, because she told her mother she got her period...so I assumed she wasn't pregnant????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV