Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 AM

318 posts, read 934,804 times

Advertisements

Love this show its such a laugh I like how they are all different it makes some interesting debates. Will be back in Autumn so cant wait for that, I saw a replay of the episode where they make the limousines yesterday and they had to do a number of tasks and one included taking real celebs to the awards on London that was hilarious a super stretch fiat panda. But JC is a legend that guy should be PM .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 09:16 AM

60 posts, read 203,660 times

YouTube - Top Gear: Build Your Own Limousine
The limo challenge from season 9. This is the one of the funniest challenges of the show.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:15 AM

113 posts, read 278,480 times
I cannot bear to watch this programme.
Jeremy Clarkson is one of the most annoying personalities on TV.
The worst thing for me is I actually like Richard Hammond too.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:55 AM

60 posts, read 203,660 times
Yay tog gear this week is going to Vietnam. Gotta love the show, anyone else looking forward to it.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,701,973 times
Looks like season 13 starts in the spring. Six episodes are likely.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:43 PM

568 posts, read 2,422,816 times
I know I'm digging this one up a bit, but I am a Top Gear fan for sure. I honestly only discovered what the show was at the end of last year. I had seen clips of the show here and there in videos on the net, but never knew what it was. Once I figured it out, I did some searching and I have almost all of the episodes downloaded. I would love if they'd bring out all the seasons on DVD. Their 3 personalities work so well and yet clash so greatly at the same time, that it's just the perfect combination. I have never watched a show of any kind that gets me laughing as much as Top Gear. I've been recording them on my DVR. My wife is far from being a "Petrol Head," but she enjoys watching it with me and I've got my dad hooked now too. Love it! Can't wait for the new season!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:55 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,297,656 times
I thought there was going to be a US version but have not heard much about for a while. As far as the UK version I love the show I just wish Clarkson would tone down the we are better than everyone else attitude, it's VERY annoying.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:06 PM

568 posts, read 2,422,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I thought there was going to be a US version but have not heard much about for a while.
From what I read here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(U.S._TV_series)) the US version ain't gonna happen. I can understand it, actually. They were trying to make it an NBC show, which would have never worked. A show like that would have to be on Speed or some other network.

Quote:
As far as the UK version I love the show I just wish Clarkson would tone down the we are better than everyone else attitude, it's VERY annoying.
The superior attitude does get a bit tiresome sometimes. Especially the whole "American cars are all rubbish" attitude. But, I just take it all with a grain of salt because the rest of the show around that attitude is just too damn good to let it bother me.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:10 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,297,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post
From what I read here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(U.S._TV_series)) the US version ain't gonna happen. I can understand it, actually. They were trying to make it an NBC show, which would have never worked. A show like that would have to be on Speed or some other network.

The superior attitude does get a bit tiresome sometimes. Especially the whole "American cars are all rubbish" attitude. But, I just take it all with a grain of salt because the rest of the show around that attitude is just too damn good to let it bother me.

Yea it seemed like the UK show just had something you could not recreate. I know to try and ignore his attitude, because your right it's the segments are gold. I LOVE the challenges.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 AM

267 posts, read 1,288,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I thought there was going to be a US version but have not heard much about for a while. As far as the UK version I love the show I just wish Clarkson would tone down the we are better than everyone else attitude, it's VERY annoying.
Clarkson likes coming out with statements that upset people. It's not just you guys 'over the pond' he's upset. Some 'naughty' remarks about many regions or towns in the UK as well. He's always done it and I doubt he'll stop now after all these years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV