Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,278,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Yes, I think Sam is that dog. I think he changes form - he's a shape shifter - and becomes the dog when he wants to. I remember one episode where the dog walked up to Sookie and Bill and licked Sookie's face. Yeah, that's Sam.
Bill comment to Sam "you don't have to mark your territory" further confirms Sam is a dog. The ending last night took me by surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 01:38 PM

631 posts, read 1,890,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Bill comment to Sam "you don't have to mark your territory" further confirms Sam is a dog. The ending last night took me by surprise.

Me too! I did not expect him to bite Sookie. That really suprised me. I loved the part where Tara came down and told everybody to get out of the house when they were all visiting after her Grandma's death. That is so typical of what happens in a southern small town after an untimely death. The "buzzards" start circling. I think Jason's storyline will get more interesting especially after so many witnessed his super strength when he pushed Andy (the detective). He needs to lay off of the V.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:40 PM

726 posts, read 2,273,364 times
I loved this episode. I cant wait to see what happens next, cause I'm thinking Sookie is gonna be different now. Poor Gran

Sam is becoming more likable to me, and Jason is getting weirder and weirder.
I think he's becoming addicted too V now. WTF

Old 10-13-2008, 06:01 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,666,505 times
Yes I too have been watching. I am hooked. I agree, the graphic sex is just unnecessary. Last night I learned a new position that I didn't know existed..hmmm Jason is such a man****. Of course all he has to show off is everything BUT and that actress just about showed off everything she had attached to her last night. If the point of the storyline is to reveal how disturbed and pervy Jason is, well they did a good job but I don't care to see that.

There is enough hotness coming off the screen, making my face turn red by just the way Sookie and Bill look at each other. I believe after last nights episode, that they have to be together in real life. In the episode where they were about to kiss in the car before the policeman came along, I had an inkling because of how REAL it seemed. Last night though, It certainly felt more real and I felt like a peeping TOM because it felt like that.

I might have to discontinue watching it though unless they can tone it down with the nude scenes. I love the chemistry but I am a church lady and I am wrestling with if I should watch it. I THOUGHT that it would show less skin but every week it gets more provactive and last night about beat all with Jason and the garbage girl.

It just is hard to get away due to the language and the characters. Thus so far I have known at least someone in my life like them, being that my family is from East Texas. There is always a person like them. Stranger true, sometimes when I hear Sookie say Thank you or just is being polite, especially when she went to Fangtasia Bar, I felt I was listening to myself talk when I am nervous but polite. The writer of the novels must be southern bred just by me viewing the characters, the language and culture in general.

Strange but true...

When Anna Paquin was much younger, I had some one tell me that if Anna Paquin was grown up and blonde, she would look like me. We had that heart shape face and chin resemblence going. Well we dont look alike now. LOL.

She is very pretty plus Stephen Moyer is extremely handsome. Truely they look like 2 people who would be attracted to one another, they just look like they do go together. They would have incredibley beautiful children if they did.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:30 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,278,340 times
DH and I lean toward agnostic/atheism and I am totally repulsed by the sex scenes with Jason. No so, with the scenes between Sookie and Bill. They are so erotic. BTW - I've been told so many times since I moved to the West Coast that I look like Susan Sarandon.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,673,137 times
I am enjoying this show, and don't think that they really need the graphic sex, however, we all know that sex sells! I was enjoying the show so much, that I got the book from the library that the show is based on. the show is pretty much following the book. I was really surprised by the fact that they ended up having sex and that she let him bite her.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,529 posts, read 6,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I am enjoying this show, and don't think that they really need the graphic sex, however, we all know that sex sells! I was enjoying the show so much, that I got the book from the library that the show is based on. the show is pretty much following the book. I was really surprised by the fact that they ended up having sex and that she let him bite her.
Its a little graphic for me too. But I really like the series so I just treat it like a commercial and go get snack etc.

Im not really sure he did. After all there have been other dream sequences. Bill is VERY protective of Sookie. I cant see him biting on the neck for everybody to see when he knows how people will react.

As for Sam. I think he and Bill have history. Maybe there are Weredogs. According to Bill a lot of the myths about Vampires are untrue so maybe the same applies to Werewolves. Dogs evolved from wolves. Maybe the same applies to Werewolves.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:13 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,750,934 times
I agree about the excessive nudity and graphic sex scenes. It's waaaay too much! I don't think I've ever watched a TV show THAT graphic, HBO or not.

I also haven't read the book and will hold off until after the show is over, but I have been snooping around online for spoiler, given my spoiler addict background

I'm beginning to dislike Jason more and more, he's such a loser!!

Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I agree about the excessive nudity and graphic sex scenes. It's waaaay too much! I don't think I've ever watched a TV show THAT graphic, HBO or not.

I also haven't read the book and will hold off until after the show is over, but I have been snooping around online for spoiler, given my spoiler addict background

I'm beginning to dislike Jason more and more, he's such a loser!!
I also have the book. I was gonna start reading book one now, but I decided to wait till the shows over. Its half way over

I know some spoilers if you're interested.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
DH and I lean toward agnostic/atheism and I am totally repulsed by the sex scenes with Jason. No so, with the scenes between Sookie and Bill. They are so erotic. BTW - I've been told so many times since I moved to the West Coast that I look like Susan Sarandon.
And you'd think they'd stop already....LOL But they just keep on making him screw the whole town. He's been in every sex scene since the start of the show

But I'm sure its gonna play an important role to the plot...I think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV