Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
He did say he forgives both of them and invoked Lillith's name to legitimize that forgiveness. Personally, I think Russell is just playing the others and he knows they think Bill and Eric are of use or have feelings for them. I don't think Russell takes his converstion or offers his forgiveness genuinely. It's all an act until he can gather enough strength or the right moment presents itself when he can sieze power.
Good point, and I think you're right. After killing his boyfriend of a thousand years, and burying him alive to rot for eternity, I'm not sold that Russel is going to let Bill and Eric off the hook so easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 02:51 PM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
I'm enjoying this season. The plot lines are basically threads all over the place, but I am anxious to see how they bring them back together. Why is it Godric had to go off and kill himself when he could be of such massive use around now?
In Season 1 they killed off Sensible Character Number 1: Sookie's grandmother. In Season 2 they killed off the most sensible character of all of the seasons: Godric. Now all of the characters are idiots. Frankly, I don't see much of a difference between stupid vampires, stupid werewolves, stupid shifters and stupid humans in the show. The only reason why I didn't mention stupid fairies is because I just don't know them well enough. Although Godric's death episode still is the highlight of the entire series, I really miss his sensibility.

Actually, I even thought the murdering Rene was sensible in comparison to the vampires and the humans. Of course, he had to die too. Then came Jesus, another sensible character. Naturally, that meant he was toast.

Hoyt even got stupider. I thought there was hope for him. But Noooooo. He's just keeps going down the dumbo trail with every episode.

I've come to the concusion the writers don't like any of the characters they write about. There isn't a single sensible redeeming character worth rooting for anymore.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:13 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In Season 1 they killed off Sensible Character Number 1: Sookie's grandmother. In Season 2 they killed off the most sensible character of all of the seasons: Godric. Now all of the characters are idiots. Frankly, I don't see much of a difference between stupid vampires, stupid werewolves, stupid shifters and stupid humans in the show. The only reason why I didn't mention stupid fairies is because I just don't know them well enough. Although Godric's death episode still is the highlight of the entire series, I really miss his sensibility.

Actually, I even thought the murdering Rene was sensible in comparison to the vampires and the humans. Of course, he had to die too. Then came Jesus, another sensible character. Naturally, that meant he was toast.

Hoyt even got stupider. I thought there was hope for him. But Noooooo. He's just keeps going down the dumbo trail with every episode.

I've come to the concusion the writers don't like any of the characters they write about. There isn't a single sensible redeeming character worth rooting for anymore.
I disagree. Terry's character and his army buddy whatever-his-name-is makes everyone else look brighter.

Seriously though, I pretty much agree. Godric would have been great to have around, would have balanced the clown that is Russel out in the overall story. Question: I know it was another vampire that turned Eric in the books but they changed it to Godric being his maker in the t.v. series, so is Godric/Eric's maker still alive in the books?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,230,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
He put Vampire blood on them and they healed...

I fast fwd a lot of scenes so I do not see everything but I am sure I saw that when he got in that car.
Yes, I saw that. Jesus had a vial of vampire blood in the First Aid Kit. I guess his lips ARE the same now lol. This week's episode was all over the place again. There's just too many stories going on. While I REALLY enjoy seeing Alcide's yummy tushy, I just didn't get the point of that scene.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,542 times
I guess they threw that in for us to drool over Alcide.

I am just totally over the Werewolves. Have never cared for them. Alcide is indeed yummy, but all the rest can go back to the woods as far as I'm concerned.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:32 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,757,759 times
So, now that the whole Ifrit storyline is done I'm happy. Not sure why the heck they wasted any time on it. This episode was the most interesting so far, hopefully all the groundwork will pay off for the rest of the season. I'm still somewhat confused by Bill. Is he putting on an act or what?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,544 times
preIns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
So, now that the whole Ifrit storyline is done I'm happy. Not sure why the heck they wasted any time on it. This episode was the most interesting so far, hopefully all the groundwork will pay off for the rest of the season. I'm still somewhat confused by Bill. Is he putting on an act or what?
I think Bill is a true believer for now. Something will make him become a mainstreamer again though. I think the Terry storyline is finished. I also think the rest of the season will involve the other characters struggling during the coming war with the vampires. Sam and Luna's story is over but now they'll come into direct conflict with Russell since he has Luna's daughter. I also think Luna's skin walking powers will come into play again.

I assume next week's episode will be a repeat. True Blood likes to interrupt the season with a rerun. Also, the previews seemed general and didn't specify what the next episode was about.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,394 times
Yeah, though the final scene of the "Ifrit" storyline was badass (Terry wasted the dude!), we could've done without it. I guess they needed some filler side stories this season and wanted to give Terry some camera time.

So the old Sheriff was a hate group member the wholetime, or at least since he got the "ass cancer." LOL.

Andy Belflour (sp) continues to become one of my new favorite characters. His one-liners crack me the hell up!

And I love Lafayette...he's truly the comic relief of the show.

And sorry ladies, but Alicde didn't take his shirt off this episode. Last night's show was all for us guys. Tons of T&A.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I felt the same way about the Ifrit storyline. It really didn't do anything for the story at all. It was basically there so Terry and Arlene had something to do this season. At this point I think we all "get" the idea that many different "things" are out there, they don't need to drum up things like the Ifrit just because.

I enjoyed this last episode, the story is starting to move and in typical fashion, everything we've seen to this point is just foundational to what will happen over the last three episodes. I'm sure they are going to pull it all together. Russell taking Luna's daughter brings the pack into the fight with the vampires and I'm sure it will trigger Alcide to return triumphantly and JD to turn over the job of pack master. Of course, Sookie will be the key to the whole thing and she will fairy blast Bill, Russell, et.al. and save the day, lol. What remains to be seen is who Warlow is and how he will make Sookie interested in the affairs of vampires again. Perhaps he is the new sherriff taking up residence at Fangtasia?

As for Bill, I don't know if it is an act or not. I think he is too young/weak compared to Eric and has fallen under the spell of the other vamps at the Authority. I don't think he is playing and it's going to take Sookie to break him out of it. Either by having to save her from the others or her using her powers to knock some sense into him.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,870 times
Quote:
I felt the same way about the Ifrit storyline. It really didn't do anything for the story at all. It was basically there so Terry and Arlene had something to do this season. At this point I think we all "get" the idea that many different "things" are out there, they don't need to drum up things like the Ifrit just because.

I enjoyed this last episode, the story is starting to move and in typical fashion, everything we've seen to this point is just foundational to what will happen over the last three episodes. I'm sure they are going to pull it all together. Russell taking Luna's daughter brings the pack into the fight with the vampires and I'm sure it will trigger Alcide to return triumphantly and JD to turn over the job of pack master. Of course, Sookie will be the key to the whole thing and she will fairy blast Bill, Russell, et.al. and save the day, lol. What remains to be seen is who Warlow is and how he will make Sookie interested in the affairs of vampires again. Perhaps he is the new sherriff taking up residence at Fangtasia?

As for Bill, I don't know if it is an act or not. I think he is too young/weak compared to Eric and has fallen under the spell of the other vamps at the Authority. I don't think he is playing and it's going to take Sookie to break him out of it. Either by having to save her from the others or her using her powers to knock some sense into him.

You never know, NJGOAT, Alcide may get killed in this fight. He has no backup from the pack or the vamps of little miss Short Ciruit Sookie. I'd love to see Warlow and Russell throw down, though! I'm making a pot of popcorn for that! Maybe Luna can skinwalk as Talbot to distract Russell! lololol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV