Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,805,517 times

Advertisements

I loved the finale. Sad it was FINALLY getting good when it happened. You could tell Sookie was preggers in this one.

Really sad Russell was killed off, he was fantastic!

Now of course, can't wait until next season!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,805,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Just as many of you suspected, no Warlow sightings. And now we've got to wait to see what "Billith" is. Last night's speech by bill at the end showed that he is indeed "too far gone," and the warm, friendly, mainstreaming Bill Compton seems to be gone forever. Eric is the new Bill. lol.

I do agree that they did waaaaay too much this season. Looking back on it, Terry's "black smoke monster" storyline was nothing more than a waste of time and used as filler by the producers.

Lafayette may be in the top 5 funniest tv characters of all time...
Totally forgot about the black smoke monster! Completely unecessary!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 06:45 PM

8,092 posts, read 4,769,566 times
I too was surprised they managed to kill off Russell so quickly in the opening of the episode, but I thought it was time he was written out--there IS such a thing as too much of a good thing. And I am glad they allowed Eric to do the deed, since he had a legitimate grudge against Russell (even if it was not mentioned in a long time).

The most awesome death (of so many...) in that episode had to be Roslyn's, though I must admit something that creative was wasted on a character who had existed mostly as a red herring. I thought for a long time that she was more central to the Lilith nonsense and they were just saving her big reveal until the end. I was obviously wrong in my hunch. But I think it would have been awesome if they could have used that scenario on an equally awesome character like Russell.

Though Warlow was not mentioned in the show last night, there is actually a deleted scene where the Stackhouses urge Jason onward in killing as many vampires as possible, including Warlow. So he is still in the writers' minds, but the scene was cut for time.

Not sure I think the Tara/Pam twist is a good idea, but then, I've hated what they've done with Tara virtually from jump.

Andy's fairy babies had no umbilical cords! I guess they ran out of fake blood?

Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,747,071 times
I didn't watch the finale on Sunday but watched it on the on-demand the next day. Good ending but ugh....such bloody yuck at every scene.

Not surprised that Bill went Billith, thanks for coining that L'Artiste! Bill has always been a bit wishy washy from the beginning. At least with Eric, what you see is what you get (so far anyway).

Regarding Warlow, I also watched the extended ending via on-demand and Norah seemed to know him. Plus there was an interview with Alan Ball after the show who said Warlow is going to be a big thing for next season.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:30 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,809,008 times
I really thought it was funny how Eric's sister couldn't stop being amazed at Sookie's smell.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,574 times
I have watched that episode Aug 26, 2012. This episode is interesting and characters are also so interesting.
True Blood tv show i never miss to watch if i missed to watch some episode then i never miss to watch that episode online.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,701,834 times

what'swarlow.mp4 - YouTube

Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,272,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I really thought it was funny how Eric's sister couldn't stop being amazed at Sookie's smell.

I was just talking to someone about this. I don't understand why some vamps go bonkers when they smell her and others are just zzzzzzzz. Jessica never reacted to Sookie the way Nora did or the way Rev. Newlin was able to smell the fairies. I don't recall Pam ever reacting to Sookie's scent either. Were Bill and Eric able to control themselves that strongly? And I wonder why Tara didn't go all crazy either

Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,798,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I was just talking to someone about this. I don't understand why some vamps go bonkers when they smell her and others are just zzzzzzzz. Jessica never reacted to Sookie the way Nora did or the way Rev. Newlin was able to smell the fairies. I don't recall Pam ever reacting to Sookie's scent either. Were Bill and Eric able to control themselves that strongly? And I wonder why Tara didn't go all crazy either
Maybe she smelled more strongly than usual because she was in the field, hanging out with all the full-blooded faeries. Jessica responded strongly to one of the faeries when he was picking up those dresses at the store.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:32 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,165,587 times
That's right! I had forgotten about Jessica in the store smelling the fairy.

Honestly, I think it's a case of the show not being super consistent on these items....it can be annoying but it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV