Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 AM

1,797 posts, read 2,400,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I give the premiere a 5/10. I liked the human friendship between Sookie and Tara and now that Tara is a vampire I bet the friendship will not exist anymore because Tara looked pretty scary in the previews for the season.
I don't know what the point is of bringing back Rev. Newland and the vamp buried in cement.
And what happened to Jason being a werepanther? I wish these season were closer together. I always forget what happened from the previous season.
It seems that Tara is a mindless monster now. She never spoke a line in the previews and she awoke in such a dramatic and aggressive way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM

16,086 posts, read 41,282,575 times
Young Sookie and Tara were great!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:42 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,300,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Alcide....oh, lordy lordy....{{fans self}}

Exactly...he makes me...

Wait, what was I going to say? Oh...

I think he implanted the idea in Jason's (rather small) brain that he (Jason) prefers men. The bit where he turned that girl down (so uncharacteristic of Jason) made me think that perhaps Newland planted the idea in Jason's head during that "visit", hoping Jason would end up wanting to have sex with him later on and not even realize it was "glamoring". Alan Ball seems to like writing homoerotic stuff even for his straight characters (remember the Sam/Bill hotel room scene?), and it's certainly the sort of B-Plot Hell that they seem to prefer to place Jason in--inconsequential and mildly amusing bits where he basically has to fend for himself.
I thought Jason just turned her down because he has feelings for Jessica. He was getting a little jealous when she and the other guy were singing together and then kissing.

Ugh, I was able to rid the Sam/Bill thing...now it's painfully a vivid memory again lol

Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 PM

461 posts, read 914,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I thought Jason just turned her down because he has feelings for Jessica. He was getting a little jealous when she and the other guy were singing together and then kissing.

Ugh, I was able to rid the Sam/Bill thing...now it's painfully a vivid memory again lol
...what Sam/Bill thing??

Old 06-12-2012, 02:33 PM

8,114 posts, read 4,786,307 times
Sorry, Bellakin...

I don't recall the exact circumstances, but at one point in the second (?) season, Bill helped heal Sam with vampire blood after one of his numerous run-ins with Mary Ann's bunch. Having vampire blood in your system supposedly makes you feel "connected" to the vampire it came from. Anyway, with very little warning/foreshadowing, they had this scene where Sam was in a hotel room somewhere, and Bill showed up. The scene seemed perfectly normal, and then all of a sudden they started getting it on, with Sam and Bill about to get into the shower together when Sam suddenly awakened from his dream (which is what the scene really was).

I had just started watching the show, so I had no idea what was going on. Feel free to correct me if I got some details wrong. At any rate, the scene demonstrates to me how the writers enjoy writing episodes in the style of a rollercoaster--you have some idea what will happen, but they will still throw in a few loops you never expected.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Sorry, Bellakin...

I don't recall the exact circumstances, but at one point in the second (?) season, Bill helped heal Sam with vampire blood after one of his numerous run-ins with Mary Ann's bunch. Having vampire blood in your system supposedly makes you feel "connected" to the vampire it came from. Anyway, with very little warning/foreshadowing, they had this scene where Sam was in a hotel room somewhere, and Bill showed up. The scene seemed perfectly normal, and then all of a sudden they started getting it on, with Sam and Bill about to get into the shower together when Sam suddenly awakened from his dream (which is what the scene really was).

I had just started watching the show, so I had no idea what was going on. Feel free to correct me if I got some details wrong. At any rate, the scene demonstrates to me how the writers enjoy writing episodes in the style of a rollercoaster--you have some idea what will happen, but they will still throw in a few loops you never expected.
No, you got it right

But I agree about the writing. For example, Eric and his "sister". They argue like siblings but **** like champions LOL. I actually look forward to what crazy line they're going to throw out each week. I believe it was last season when Eric called Sookie "Snooki" LOL

Old 06-12-2012, 04:05 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,846,154 times
Last night was so so....nothing too exciting. The good thing it has gone way far from the book which is great.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
It seems that Tara is a mindless monster now. She never spoke a line in the previews and she awoke in such a dramatic and aggressive way.
Didn't Pam say she might wake up like a complete ****-tard?

Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 PM

8,114 posts, read 4,786,307 times
They probably didn't want Tara to say anything or do anything that might give us an idea of how she would behave in order to create suspense and get people talking/speculating about what this new Tara would be like.

Sookie's not exactly a rocket scientist, but even she should have noticed that when she dug up Massive Head Wound Tara, she no longer had half her face blown off. That could only mean she was healing and ready to rock.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:08 AM

1,797 posts, read 2,400,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Didn't Pam say she might wake up like a complete ****-tard?
Pam did say that. I wonder why they couldn't just heal Tara with Pam's blood versus making her a vampire? Maybe the wound was too severe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV