Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 05:13 AM

29,023 posts, read 30,466,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I'm on the fence about this season for far. I found some scenes really boring (Eric, Bill and the committee) last night. The writers don't seem to be following much in the books anymore.
You can't expect these writers to follow the books, they can't. If you do, the entire series will be ruined for you. They are two seperate entities with two seperate writers. I suspect the writers thought it would be interesting to interject the Authority along with some religion and found it interesting, how they interpret the Bible. They spoke of Adam and Eve being Vampires, etc. For me, enjoying history as I do, and being what most of my friends call "very deep", I enjoy what they've done with the series so far. Try and seperate the books from this, otherwise, I fear, it will ruin the series for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,304,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
You can't expect these writers to follow the books, they can't. If you do, the entire series will be ruined for you. They are two seperate entities with two seperate writers. I suspect the writers thought it would be interesting to interject the Authority along with some religion and found it interesting, how they interpret the Bible. They spoke of Adam and Eve being Vampires, etc. For me, enjoying history as I do, and being what most of my friends call "very deep", I enjoy what they've done with the series so far. Try and seperate the books from this, otherwise, I fear, it will ruin the series for you?

Deep? Really? Ok. I would go out on a limb and say that most viewers of True Blood aren't watching it because of how deep it is.

I agree with the other poster; the Vampire Authority segment dragged the entire episode down. This storyline keeps Eric and Bill removed from the main characters of the show. And I think that Eric is at his best when interacting with Pam. I liked Badass Bill best as King. It would have worked better for me if Chris Meloni showed up alone to investigate, a la Nan (whom I LOVED). Why introduce Eric's sister or whoever just to have her meet the true death? What was the point?

Just totally disappointed in this.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Deep? Really? Ok. I would go out on a limb and say that most viewers of True Blood aren't watching it because of how deep it is.

I agree with the other poster; the Vampire Authority segment dragged the entire episode down. This storyline keeps Eric and Bill removed from the main characters of the show. And I think that Eric is at his best when interacting with Pam. I liked Badass Bill best as King. It would have worked better for me if Chris Meloni showed up alone to investigate, a la Nan (whom I LOVED). Why introduce Eric's sister or whoever just to have her meet the true death? What was the point?

Well first, that's your opinon and by God your entitled to it...no one saying your wrong for not liking it...
and as far as being deep, I didn't say True Blood was deep, what I said was, most of my friends say, I'm a very deep person...and I like history. So, I liked this Episode...you don't have to get all over my case b/c I did????? Geeze Louise, to each his own, I was just giving my opinion????? And I liked it, a lot. Or am I not allowed?

It is amazing how some people take what others post as a person offense? Must I ask if I may please join in the conversation. Geeze Lady??????

You wouldn't do well in a book club...

Old 06-19-2012, 07:31 AM

9,159 posts, read 14,854,858 times
The whole scene with Bill and his interrogator reminded me of the Architect-Neo scene from Matrix Reloaded and not in a good way. Also agree on some of the other story lines seeming to be random. I will give them the benefit of the doubt though as they could well be laying groundwork for later on. I also cant stand Tara so I am a bit disappinted at where that is going. And how exactly are they building this massive underground installation in New Orleans where they can't bury bodies six feet down most places?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,857,019 times
The guy interrogating Bill is the Swede from Hell on Wheels ...

It's only the second show, guys ... things will converge.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,300,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I'm really turned off when shows like this spend too much time on "secret organizations" that are full of people we've never met, being all menacing and bad-ass. Yes, we knew about the shadowy Vampire Authority, but handing over so much screen time to their HQ, the exposition about the ancient times and such---yawn. They're much more effective off-screen or in small doses like they were in previous seasons.

I usually like Chris Meloni, but all that vampire authority blah-blah-stuff made me daydream about what must be happening at Sookie's House-o-Horrors while all this was going on. And I can't stand Sookie.

Great post! I don't like Sookie either but I did like the way Bill would call her with his Southern accent "Soookiee". But really, with all the crap that has gone on in that house, I'd have high tailed it out of there by season 2. Isn't she sick of cleaning up blood and brain splatter? lol

Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,300,142 times
History? What history? Are they going to work "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" into the next few episodes? They changed the bible to fit their characters. God is a vampire? Seriously? I honestly didn't care for that part of the episode. I didn't think it was blasphemous, though some might, but I really didn't expect them to be Christianly, considering they really don't like crosses. Doesn't make sense that they fear crosses, which symbolizes Jesus who was created by God yet they're saying God is a vampire??

I don't think the other poster was offended or meant to offend you-maybe just questioning how "history" worked its way into this, just as I'm giving my opinion that I didn't see it as history related.

Quote:
Well first, that's your opinon and by God your entitled to it...no one saying your wrong for not liking it...
and as far as being deep, I didn't say True Blood was deep, what I said was, most of my friends say, I'm a very deep person...and I like history. So, I liked this Episode...you don't have to get all over my case b/c I did????? Geeze Louise, to each his own, I was just giving my opinion????? And I liked it, a lot. Or am I not allowed?

It is amazing how some people take what others post as a person offense? Must I ask if I may please join in the conversation. Geeze Lady??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

When I saw the child in this episode, I couldn't help but think of "The Lost Boys". And I agree-I prefer Eric the way he interacts with Pam. I couldn't wait for him to snap out of that spell Marney casted on him. Every week I look forward to one of his crazy lines lol..but you're right about his sister. If she was meeting the true death, did they really need to bring her back for 1-2 episodes? Unless they're trying to show Eric's emotions, which he has but doesn't like to show. I want to say it was season 3-he said to Sookie in an episode when she was crying (when is she not, right?), "Please don't do that. It makes me feel disturbingly human."

Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
History? What history? Are they going to work "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" into the next few episodes? They changed the bible to fit their characters. God is a vampire? Seriously? I honestly didn't care for that part of the episode. I didn't think it was blasphemous, though some might, but I really didn't expect them to be Christianly, considering they really don't like crosses. Doesn't make sense that they fear crosses, which symbolizes Jesus who was created by God yet they're saying God is a vampire??

I don't think the other poster was offended or meant to offend you-maybe just questioning how "history" worked its way into this, just as I'm giving my opinion that I didn't see it as history related.

When I saw the child in this episode, I couldn't help but think of "The Lost Boys". And I agree-I prefer Eric the way he interacts with Pam. I couldn't wait for him to snap out of that spell Marney casted on him. Every week I look forward to one of his crazy lines lol..but you're right about his sister. If she was meeting the true death, did they really need to bring her back for 1-2 episodes? Unless they're trying to show Eric's emotions, which he has but doesn't like to show. I want to say it was season 3-he said to Sookie in an episode when she was crying (when is she not, right?), "Please don't do that. It makes me feel disturbingly human."

The History of "The Authority" and I liked what they did, to the Bible, and the entire context, thought it was clever and fit the series well....

Old 06-19-2012, 11:53 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,240,538 times
I am so over Tara, she needs to go. Is she still alive in the books?

We need more Alcide ... transforming back and forth, out of nowhere in every scene -- I don't care if it doesn't make any sense.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:52 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,304,836 times
Quote:

Yes, I know that you are entitled to your opinion. Never said that you weren't. In fact, I didn't mention you at all in my post. So how am I "all over your case"?

I stated my opinion and gave the reasoning behind it. You took my post personally for no reason and personally insulted me. Deep thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV