Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,599,594 times

Advertisements

I hated the "one two kalamazoo" commercial, some telecommunication ad with a girl on a motorcylcle.
I'm getting to the point where I hate em all, and switch to watch anything but another commercial. I used to like the Aflac ones, but even they turned stupid.
I'm shocked that 5 Hour Energy is still running ads, after they've had deaths from that product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 AM

37,827 posts, read 41,161,092 times
My current least favorite TV ad involves a model with a skeletor face (first time you see her face with the dark hollowed out cheeks and eyes and crazed vapid expression) running through the jungle while she touches herself. It's a perfume ad for Giorgio Armani. If you see it with no sound you would think it's an ad for some really bad zombie chick in the jungle movie. The last shot of the model/actress isn't bad but by the time you see it you already think she's there to eat your brains.

Comercial do Perfume Giorgio Armani Acqua de Gioia - YouTube

Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
My current least favorite TV ad involves a model with a skeletor face (first time you see her face with the dark hollowed out cheeks and eyes and crazed vapid expression) running through the jungle while she touches herself. It's a perfume ad for Giorgio Armani. If you see it with no sound you would think it's an ad for some really bad zombie chick in the jungle movie. The last shot of the model/actress isn't bad but by the time you see it you already think she's there to eat your brains.

Comercial do Perfume Giorgio Armani Acqua de Gioia - YouTube
that is creepy

Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,674 times
I can't stand the little girl with Jimmy Fallon on the capital one commercials. is there something wrong with her tongue and are they feeding the child pink popsicles before they shoot? Her mouth is unusually pink.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 AM

5,619 posts, read 6,570,690 times
I like Jimmy Fallon, so I watch this commercial. I actually quit watching SNL (didn't watch it much, tho, to begin with) when he left. I specifically liked him as the news anchor. When the first commercial with this baby came out, I thought it was a boy. Homely girl, now, though, as she is getting older, she is getting cuter.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 AM

7,031 posts, read 14,531,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I hated the "one two kalamazoo" commercial, some telecommunication ad with a girl on a motorcylcle.
I'm getting to the point where I hate em all, and switch to watch anything but another commercial. I used to like the Aflac ones, but even they turned stupid.
I'm shocked that 5 Hour Energy is still running ads, after they've had deaths from that product.
Word! It's been stuck in my head every time I see it ever since it debuted back during the olympics.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM

987 posts, read 1,752,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
There is an idiot commercial showing people dancing in business attire in an office. I don't know what its for because I turn the sound down on all commercials most times.
Sounds like the Hershey's Simple Pleasures candy, (suppose to be less fat?), has that annoying song with alot of brass/horns in it...they look goofy & stupid.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM

987 posts, read 1,752,250 times
Almost all of the ATT Uverse commercials, they show children either watching tv or using their tablets & there goes an older kid stating "back in my day, we didn't have ATT Uverse".....complaining about waiting for hours, or persevering having to watch it w/a snoring parent in the room or downloading time.....(the one w/the little boy with holding a corndog lecturing 2 smaller boys on a sofa or the two girls struggling to push their disruptive "papa" snoring on a loveseat to another room because their watching their hunky novella actor comes to mind first) among their other commercials (young boy chatting w/grandpa on rocking chair).. I'm sorry I think it strikes a cord w/most of us past our 30's & 40's (& beyond) about how rough it use to be w/out modern technology back in the day, anyone younger can not relate to those times...

Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,172,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Perfume ads in general have been increasingly creepy. I can only guess it's supposed to be mysterious and atmospheric. They're interesting, I suppose, but it doesn't make me want to buy perfume.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 PM

My current hate list includes Angies List. Where does she get these people, and why would she want them to represent her company, or think they represent us? I find this so offensive.
I love you Angie! ughhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prKmiP4SgHg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV