Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,993,597 times

Advertisements

OK. I will admit that Adam gave the best performance tonight. Actually, as a fan of rock more than any other genre of music, I didn't particularly like any of them. I still can't see Adam's AI success translating. If I heard that song on the radio, I would've change the station. Now, if he can bring back Glam Rock then he will go platinum. I just don't think that will happen.

I am a Kris fan and didn't think he out-performed Adam tonight. However, I don't think he was as bad as they all said.

Also, can someone tell me how it is fair for Kris (and Danny) to sing their duet first and then have to sing their performance. A. can't be great for their voices. B. they were ridiculed by the judges and that can't be great for their performances.

I think you ladies are right, AI is pushing for an Adam victory.

Enjoy the rest of the night, don't blow up your DVRs!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,311,427 times
Or anything else??

Old 05-05-2009, 10:39 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,131,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Adam was good, but I hated the pants, and while his voice is AWESOME, his actual moves seemed awkward and clumsy. He has a fabulous rocker voice, but he doesn't quite have the rocker moves down yet.
The striped pants??? You didn't like??? Sweet Peter, Paul and Mary! I had to watch it a few times just to drag myself up to his face and away from the pants.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:46 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,687,430 times
Allison said Adam hooked her up with his hairdresser...I think he must have helped her with wardrobe too...she looked amazing...seemed to have more confidence tonight too. Those two are so sweet together.

Whoever said they didn't like Adams pants....c'mon...it's rock n roll!! Steven Tyler is like 61 and he still wears stuff like that!! I LOVED them .....gosh..what a great night!! Can't wait till next week! Elimination night is not my favorite.....hate to see the disapointment for any of these kids at this point.

After watching again...I hope Simon apologizes...even though I agree with him....but he shouldn't have said that no one will top Adam....that does something to the psyche!! Not fair...

Old 05-05-2009, 10:47 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,687,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
The striped pants??? You didn't like??? Sweet Peter, Paul and Mary! I had to watch it a few times just to drag myself up to his face and away from the pants.
LMAO...I love your honesty!!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:56 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,311,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Ha! Hear me roar! LOL

Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 PM

265 posts, read 815,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ....Adam is so far ahead of the rest of them it isn't funny....

[youtube
Yawn, yes, IMO,this has ceased to be a contest. Gee, who do ya think will win??

Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,137,656 times
it never was a contest from the beginning as evidenced by this year's and previous years winners---only cowell knows the winner from the onset

Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,850,792 times
I wish there were more suspense this year. It's not as fun when you know who's going to win. Allison and Adam were cute together tonight. I thought Allison's performance was the best. I have no clue who's going tomorrow, but it might be Kris, and I don't like it!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,149,449 times
I think that listening to Robert Plant singing Whole Lotta Love, then immediately listening to Adam Lambert's version, illustrates what a great singer he really is. Of course, by "he" I mean Robert Plant. Everyone seems to be falling all over themselves proclaiming Lambert's performance the greatest thing ever, but I just didn't hear it. It started off okay, but disintegrated into the whineyness and howling that I just don't wanna listen to. I was hoping Adam would do something like "Welcome To The Jungle" -- a song where he may actually compare favorably to the original singer. IMO, when you sing Robert Plant, you pretty much guarantee that you're gonna pale in comparison.

I had the same worries about Kris doing the Beatles, but I think he pulled it off wonderfully. He did some unexpected things with the song, and unlike the judgetards, I thought it really worked. I'd listen to that on the radio every time it came on.

I liked Allison, but didn't really love the song. I was hoping she'd do anything BUT Janis (my pick for her would've been something like Enter Sandman by Metallica -- I wanted to see her rock the eff out and make something her own). But it was fine. I wouldn't change the station if I came across that on the radio.

Gokey. Wow. Awful, dude. Go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV