Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 342,513 times

Advertisements

Most disappointing episode ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,835,175 times
Tonight's show just didn't seem that challenging. I thought they would have another challenge after the monkey thing. Next weeks preview's looked good.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:57 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,023,282 times
The Poker Players are saved again, first, non-elimination pit stop; tonight another teams' bad luck. Much like sucking out on the river card.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:20 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,178,177 times
oh man...........too bad
I really liked that team.................however--you just do not ever,never ever lose your passport when traveling. You just don't. It's your lifeline when in another country. Sheeeeesh-they make special pouches to wear under your clothes that hold the passport. I have one.
You MUST be prepared when going on this show or you might be

Last edited by Élan vital; 10-11-2009 at 10:39 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,352,055 times
When I am overseas my passport is the most important thing in my possession.

Having said that, I'll also say that these folks are running, dashing and carrying a lot of stuff with them as they move around the locations. It's a real shame that this team was eliminated due to a lost passport. They were doing so well. But "them's the breaks." And, shouldn't they have won a prize for coming in first? Technically, the passport would not be an issue until they were leaving the country for the next assignment on the map? Or, did I miss the prize announcement?

This episode is the worst I have ever seen. I really did not feel any excitement in any of the various tasks they had to complete. Boring. I did like seeing the scarves, though. Wonder how much they cost? lol

Next week looks good. Dubai is an interesting place and I bet there will be some exciting tasks. I hope so, anyway.

I love the Globetrotters. Those guys are so cool.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:43 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,178,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
When I am overseas my passport is the most important thing in my possession.

Having said that, I'll also say that these folks are running, dashing and carrying a lot of stuff with them as they move around the locations. It's a real shame that this team was eliminated due to a lost passport. They were doing so well. But "them's the breaks." And, shouldn't they have won a prize for coming in first? Technically, the passport would not be an issue until they were leaving the country for the next assignment on the map? Or, did I miss the prize announcement?

This episode is the worst I have ever seen. I really did not feel any excitement in any of the various tasks they had to complete. Boring. I did like seeing the scarves, though. Wonder how much they cost? lol

Next week looks good. Dubai is an interesting place and I bet there will be some exciting tasks. I hope so, anyway.

I love the Globetrotters. Those guys are so cool.
I wondered about the prize announcement as well. Assume it was edited to not include that and I guess the 2nd place team which now becomes 1st place team got no prize.
Ditto for not the most exciting episode but must admit this show always gets my adrenaline going.
Love the team Globetrotters too
Wonder how long Team Lost Passport was stranded in Cambodia?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:36 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,352,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Wonder how long Team Lost Passport was stranded in Cambodia?
Maybe they had time to buy some scarves while waiting for the American Embassy to replace the passport.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:31 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,422,212 times
I'm with you all.........the challenges didn't seem that interesting or difficult. Terrible way to get eliminated after coming in first. I didn't want to leave yet. Too many others I wanted out of there before them

Hope next week is more challenging.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,075,848 times
Wonder how long it took them to get another passport? My husband and I watched the show yesterday and he was like "honey it could happen". and I was like there is no way anyone should ever loose their passport game or not in a foregin country. Also, I was wondering about the prize too.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:58 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,918,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
And, shouldn't they have won a prize for coming in first? Technically, the passport would not be an issue until they were leaving the country for the next assignment on the map? Or, did I miss the prize announcement?
Hmm, didn't even think of that. But they were not that happy like they were celebrating from winning a prize or trip. It almost makes me wonder and the look Phil had on his face as well when they got to the mat that he KNEW they had lost it or did not have it with them. Phil's face did not have a smile on it at all at any time when they were on the mat after coming in 1st. Kind of uncharacteristic if you ask me.

The only team that Phil NEVER has a smile on his face for is Team Steriod Meathead. You can tell he does not care for him at all. "Your scaring me". LOL!!!! I also love it how Meathead always NEVER reads the entire clue and also goes the OPPOSITE way of where they are supposed to. They didn't know that was Jackie O (though few didn't either but Zev and Justin did ). In the hotel they went the wrong way. They went the wrong way on something else as well. Maybe that bad karma will catch up and bite him on the butt sometime soon.

I was happy that Zev and Justin got there first though after that crappy comment that Meathead said to them at the airport in Vietnam. "Our goal was to beat you and we did and now your last". Someone needs to knock that morons ugly head off his over inflated shoulders.

Can you imagine Team Lacksadaisy that got elimnated last time if they had still been around and she was in the Russian market w/ the scarves. AGH!!! I would have gone bonkers watching her wander aimlessly thru there and probably try to actually shop.

The Pokah Playa's were not that annoying this time. Maybe it was because this episode was so boring in the challanges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV