Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 10:27 PM

2,250 posts, read 1,400,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
gee, they are racing all over the world.
IMHO it's THE BEST show ever so I don't know how to answer ya.
I know they are racing around the world, I watched it for about 5 seasons, and I stopped because of those reasons, people just kept complaining and the show spent too much time in certain countries/continents than others. So I was asking if they still do that or have changes been made since that All-Star race to the whole 'format' of the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:36 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,208,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dude View Post
I know they are racing around the world, I watched it for about 5 seasons, and I stopped because of those reasons, people just kept complaining and the show spent too much time in certain countries/continents than others. So I was asking if they still do that or have changes been made since that All-Star race to the whole 'format' of the show.
no they aren't going to change the format; I don't get why you think they should. If it aint broke ya don't fix it. It's an awesome freakin show!!

Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,951,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dude View Post

The show has won 11 Emmy's since it was first eligible for an Emmy in 2002.... why would you change an obviously winning format? Because you don't like it? Troll thru any state thread on this board and you'll see/ hear/ read people complaining as much, if not more, about America.

Edit: Oopps... didn't see your post, DreamWeavin'.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
The show has won 11 Emmy's since it was first eligible for an Emmy in 2002.... why would you change an obviously winning format? Because you don't like it? Troll thru any state thread on this board and you'll see/ hear/ read people complaining as much, if not more, about America.

Edit: Oopps... didn't see your post, DreamWeavin'.
that's ok. Your post is right on

Old 10-20-2009, 11:36 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,247,528 times
If it ain't broke....don't fix it.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:30 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,204,249 times
yeah we got rid of the jerk lawyer and his whinney g/f . Oh my god I was like yes they are gone . I am really rooting for the guy and his former miss america wife cause he is so nice and they try and help ppl . I think mikka and canaan made a mistake coming on here cause she is way too dependant on him and he hollers a little too much at her . So if I had to pick a winner right now it would be the miss america and her husband . I believe when he said it was a game of karma he was right .

Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,733,364 times
WOW - I felt sorry for Mika. She honestly couldn't do it. But it was funny when he tried to push her and she started screaming Help me.

And after the help the ballers gave last week, they couldn't help w/ the suitcase?

Old 10-25-2009, 10:00 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,016,466 times
I was really liking the Globetrotters guys until they started teasing Mika to not go down the waterslide, as if she weren't scared enough. Really low of them. If this is a game of karma then I hope they are next to go, and that they go out as badly as Mika and her bf did tonight.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
WOW - I felt sorry for Mika. She honestly couldn't do it. But it was funny when he tried to push her and she started screaming Help me.

And after the help the ballers gave last week, they couldn't help w/ the suitcase?
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I was really liking the Globetrotters guys until they started teasing Mika to not go down the waterslide, as if she weren't scared enough. Really low of them. If this is a game of karma then I hope they are next to go, and that they go out as badly as Mika and her bf did tonight.
Mika needed to stop freaking and just do it! Good grief-this isn't Sesame Street.Face your fears or don't go on Amazing Race!!!!!!!!! Team Globetrotters didn't act badly-I would have done the same thing. 2 minutes seperated them from being eliminated or staying in the game.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:28 AM

263 posts, read 870,071 times
Mika had plenty of time to go down the chute. She chose not to. I don't think the comments by the Globetrotters made a difference one way or another. Her fears paralyzed her. She wasn't willing to go down the chute, and she had plenty of time to do the task before the basketball players ever showed up. Now I completely understand her reaction because I'm not a fan of heights. I would have been like a deer in headlights if I had to go down that water chute.
However, I'm not on the Amazing Race for a reason. I know my limitations. I wouldn't apply for the race since I know full well such a task might be asked of me. I don't understand people who come on this race with such a huge fear of heights. You know at some point you have to either climb, jump, rappel, bungee jump...whatever...off something tall.

I thought it was uncool of the guy to push her. If she's that terrified don't make it worse by pushing her. That's just going to make her more resistant. I thought perhaps he could have handled it better. I think his insistence made things worse for her.

And why couldn't Mika and her partner have told the Globetrotters to look at the watch? They saw the Big Easy was struggling to open the suitcase. Last week they were helped by the ballers. They never returned the favor. It seems to me that the basketball players didn't owe them anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV