Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,137,048 times

Advertisements

My youngest daughter and I both wish we could do this show.HOWEVER, I am terrified of heights and she has a weak stomach so we agree we probably wouldn't win. That said, her kids LOVE those big water slides and they would have been down it in a minute and be running back to the top begging to do it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,437,956 times
I'm kind of glad to see this week's elimination. So who does everyone think will go next?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:34 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,143,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
Me, too. Blowing up her floaties, then berating, then blowing, then berating........ while she stands there whimpering. Good fun!
I felt a little mean, but I started laughing when he started blowing up the floaties. My personal favorites were the "help me, help me" and "why do you hate me?" like she was 5.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,209,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I felt a little mean, but I started laughing when he started blowing up the floaties. My personal favorites were the "help me, help me" and "why do you hate me?" like she was 5.
too funny Mook!!!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,384,511 times
He should have pushed her harder down the slide. She cost him a million bucks.
I'm not too fond of heights but I would have went down the slide for free! It was so hot there, it would have been great!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 AM

750 posts, read 1,438,416 times
I was just thinking on it a bit. Mika packed those floaties and dragged them from country to country. Granted, they weigh nothing and probably don't take up a lot of room in a backpack in grand scheme of things, but it shows she had some expectation of having to deal with scary, scary water. Maybe she thought they were all she needed to get over the water/height phobia. I'm trying to give her some credit. It's hard, but I'm trying!

Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,043,873 times
I cann't give her credit at all. Just close your eyes and do it. Cannan had really been acting like an a$$ all season, just wasn't as noticable with Lance around. The Trotters egging her on like that wasn't right. If Mika and Cannan went, as the Trotters got there, they would've been passed by them running on the beach. I think the mixed couple will be next, I like them, but until now they have been floating around the bottom finishers.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:18 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,253,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
He should have pushed her harder down the slide. She cost him a million bucks.
I'm not too fond of heights but I would have went down the slide for free! It was so hot there, it would have been great!

For A Million bucks I would have thrown her whiny axe over the side......

oops, did I say that?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 AM

223 posts, read 618,221 times
I don't think the Globetrotters did anything terribly wrong. It was just a little trash talking like many people do when playing a game. And really trash talking can go either way. Sometimes it'll give a push just to prove the other guy wrong. I wouldn't be surprised that they would've been ok if she did go down because they would've banked on catching them on the run to the pit stop.

I think how Mika's fiance Caanan behaved was far worse than anything the Globetrotters said. He literally was going to throw her down a very high slide. She could've been seriously hurt if she went down the wrong way. And frankly they both were acting childish.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:42 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,143,766 times
Canaan has been acting like a jerk all season with his irrational angry outbursts. But in his defense this time, he did offer to go down the slide with her and 45 minutes is a loooooong time to listen to an adult have a tantrum. Especially when elimination is on the line. And especially when the adult is wearing water wings. Water wings!!!! LOL I haven't seen water wings on anyone over 4 before. In comparision to a bungee jump or a zip line, the slide was baby stuff.

I don't see how anyone can fault the Globe Trotters. They weren't mean to her. It was just a little smack talk and smack talk has it's place in competitive sports or games. I've heard worse between friends over a board game.

I'm a fan of the Globe Trotters and they had the best line of the night when one said that if they were there any longer Lance and Keri might show up. Hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV