Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 AM

4,796 posts, read 22,940,234 times

Advertisements

If meghan had been standing on the sidelines, she would have sounded just like the gay brother--harping and critical. Because that was how she had been all day. She was impatient and disagreeable and she only rhetorically asked Cheyne if he wanted to do the task. She got exactly what she was asking for in my opinion.

And I don't think the male half of a team should always have to do the hard physical stuff. Most of the race requires strength and stamina. Anyone who enters should have to do half of the work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,686,942 times
I was so glad that last night's episode was a non-elimination leg. I felt so bad for the father/son team for coming in last. I'm starting not to like the gay brothers. They really have it out for the Globetrotters; those guys have been nothing but friendly to everyone else! We all understand they want the million dollars, but you don't have to jerk around just to make a point of it!

I take that back--I'm starting not to like the tall brother. The short one, who should've slapped the taste buds out of his brother's mouth, is not as bad as the other one!

Yay for Bryan and Ericka catching back up!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 AM

263 posts, read 869,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Globes are a class act......they represent the US well....which can't be said for some of the whiners.
Yes, they're great. One of my favorite teams this season. They have such a great attitude about the challenges, the various countries... They're enjoying TAR instead of constantly whining like some other teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
There should be no crying at the pit-stop, unless you have been eliminated. His brother should stopped rolling the bales long enough to walk over to him and smack him.
Could that older brother have been more of an ass? I don't think it's possible for him to have been more annoying. If you think you can do it so much better then why the hell didn't you volunteer to do that task?! I can't stand the backseat driver mentality. Either shut up or cheer and be positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I was disappointed in Cheyne. He wouldn't answer Meghan when she asked him if he wanted to do the challenge.
Me too. He should have offered to do the challenge. I was more than a bit annoyed that he stayed silent when he could have volunteered. Not that I think women are weak and need to back off from physical tasks but it was pretty clear going into this particular task that it would require quite a bit of upper body strength.

My husband said he thinks Cheyne's guy friends are going to rib him about being on the sidelines while his gf did the heavy pushing and unrolling.

I love the father/son team. They have a great work ethic and respect for each other. It's so refreshing to see that. Wasn't it funny when Phil tried to trick them into thinking they were eliminated? Of course I could see from a mile away it was a non-elimination round.

My favorite line of the episode "Ain't no hay in the projects though.." LOL!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,458,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post

And I don't think the male half of a team should always have to do the hard physical stuff. Most of the race requires strength and stamina. Anyone who enters should have to do half of the work.
I didn't say that. I called Cheyne out for essentially forcing her to have to be the one to do it, by standing there with his mouth shut at a challenge that was KNOWN from prior seasons to be an EXTREMELY physically exhausting challenge. He didn't even OFFER. Had he bothered to offer and she insisted she could do it, good for her and more power to her! But that's not how it played out. That's what I'm criticizing him for.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:12 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,189,427 times
forgot to say I think it was so cool when Big Easy found the flag in the hay by kicking the hay in frustration!! LOL---and there it was!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:24 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,165,203 times
It was a good episode. Notice how nobody wanted to do the Nordic alphabet challenge... yea, I'd much rather blow stuff up too! I loved when the Globetrotters started skipping down the road after the pit stop - they are so fun. I'm hoping the brothers get kicked out next leg - but the speed bump might do Matt and Gary in. Crossing fingers for them!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:26 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,048,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I didn't say that. I called Cheyne out for essentially forcing her to have to be the one to do it, by standing there with his mouth shut at a challenge that was KNOWN from prior seasons to be an EXTREMELY physically exhausting challenge. He didn't even OFFER. Had he bothered to offer and she insisted she could do it, good for her and more power to her! But that's not how it played out. That's what I'm criticizing him for.
I lost a little respect for Cheyne last night. He ended up looking like a wuss.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:34 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,642,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I lost a little respect for Cheyne last night. He ended up looking like a wuss.
Yes, but it would have messed up his hair.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:09 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,940,234 times
Quote:
I called Cheyne out for essentially forcing her to have to be the one to do it,
Please he did not force her to do it. Keeping quiet did not force her to do anything at all. She chose to not wait for an answer, or at least chose only to give him a second and a half to answer. And even if he did volunteer, she probably would have taken over anyway.

I don't think men should have to 'offer' to do a physically challenging task either on behalf of women either. I think men should treat women as equals and pretending to be chivalrous by offering to pull their weight for them is not equal treatment.

I do like the Globetrotters but I feel that what we see on camera shows that they know how to deal with cameras and the public following them all the time, even when they are exhausted, frustrated, and disagreeable. The are polished because they've done interviews before, they've been in front of cameras. I'm sure I would look just as rough and messy as the others do if cameras were following me.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,724,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I love the fact that brian and erika are still in the game . My fave two teams are dad/son and erika and brian . Yeah I was also hoping that the brothers team would go home . I loved it last night really good .
My 3 favorite are the Globetrotters, the father/son and Erica & Brian. I love their relationship - he treats her like precious gold and (95% of the time) she does the same. Instead of being upset, her mom should be thrilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV