Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 AM

750 posts, read 1,437,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Maybe we need to boycott whoever sponsors Amazing Race until they insist their program start airing on time.
Now THERE is an idea! The thing is, they need to know why we are boycotting the sponsors' products.

I'm not naive. I realize that football is a huge money maker for CBS. And CBS is all about the money. This is America, after all. We can't kid ourselves that they actually care about their audience. If they did care at all about their audience, they wouldn't pull this every single Sunday, where one of their top shows, a multiple award winner, is treated like some re-run of Mama's Family.

The ONLY way to get their attention is a boycott like this. Because the sad truth is, they don't really care about us. They care about the money they get from sponsors. Next Sunday, I'm taking note of the sponsors and sending letters letting them know that I think they're wasting their advertising dollars, and being lied to when they are promised that their ad will run in a given time slot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,052,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I can't stand those brothers. I hope one of them trips and breaks an ankle so they can't race anymore, that's how much they pissed me off tonight.
I second that! If I was there I would trip them my self. Karma...come and get them please!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:19 AM

337 posts, read 795,971 times
Problem with a boycott is that it would impact the sponsorship of TAR...Not a good thing in this time. Better to Boycott sponsors of 60 Minutes...

Of courst I like the idea of 12 Minutes

Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 AM

750 posts, read 1,437,704 times
Problem is, I like 60 Minutes.
But you're right, Augustabuckeye. Better for me and my blood pressure to just DVR everything shown on Sunday night and watch a movie or go someplace/do something. I can then speed through all of the commercials the next day and watch 60 Minutes, Amazing Race and Three Rivers and avoid all the dreck. Much easier than boycotting. And Voila! No commercials!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:01 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,558,201 times
CBS definately has issues with the schedule and it is a pain to deal with. Why bother to schedule 60 minutes on nights when CBS has a football double header? It makes no sense since the games never complete in the alloted time. They should either back fill the time with post game stuff and roll out the programming when it can run w/o delay or simply pre-empt 60 minutes and re-run it later in it's entirety. Some weekends the programming is behind by more than an entire hour - it makes watching these shows in this time slot very difficult, espeically since I don't care to watch 60 minutes or 12 minutes either.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:04 AM

2,537 posts, read 3,887,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
Problem is, I like 60 Minutes.
But you're right, Augustabuckeye. Better for me and my blood pressure to just DVR everything shown on Sunday night and watch a movie or go someplace/do something. I can then speed through all of the commercials the next day and watch 60 Minutes, Amazing Race and Three Rivers and avoid all the dreck. Much easier than boycotting. And Voila! No commercials!
That's what I do, and boy is it nice! The only problem is that I have to record the show after TAR as well, because my DVR stops taping at 9 pm.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:06 AM

2,537 posts, read 3,887,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I can't stand those brothers. I hope one of them trips and breaks an ankle so they can't race anymore, that's how much they pissed me off tonight.
I can't stand the Miss USA lady and her husband, my god, she never shuts up or stops whining. Brian, Brian, Brian...I was hoping they would get the boot last night, ugh.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:53 AM

332 posts, read 774,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I'm not naive. I realize that football is a huge money maker for CBS. And CBS is all about the money. This is America, after all. We can't kid ourselves that they actually care about their audience. If they did care at all about their audience, they wouldn't pull this every single Sunday, where one of their top shows, a multiple award winner, is treated like some re-run of Mama's Family.

Next Sunday, I'm taking note of the sponsors and sending letters letting them know that I think they're wasting their advertising dollars, and being lied to when they are promised that their ad will run in a given time slot.
You guys are crazy. You're talking about the NFL, for God's sake; it's *the* biggest thing on TV. The advertisers aren't ignorant; they know that programs get delayed on Sundays.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM

263 posts, read 869,661 times
It was nice to see that in the challenges the contestants got to see how the other teams were performing.

Ericka is such deadweight. She whines too much. They're not a strong team and I think they've gotten far on luck.

I cannot stand Dan's yelling and Sam's yelling. It was comedy gold to see their kayak flip over several times. And Sam asking if Prague is a Spanish speaking *country* was too funny. They really are pretty ignorant about world events. So are many other people but then they aren't on TAR.

But the best part was Flight Time's dance at the theatre and the Don Giovanni singer's "Hahahahaha...No!" Hilarious!

Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,392,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I can't stand the Miss USA lady and her husband, my god, she never shuts up or stops whining. Brian, Brian, Brian...I was hoping they would get the boot last night, ugh.
I don't care for her either. She's so hateful to her husband. They remind me somewhat of Jon and Kate. She's constantly on him about something, and he just keeps on taking it. I wonder how long it will take for him to get fed up like Jon did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV