Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 12:00 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times

Advertisements

oh yes team erika and brian are in the final three , I like meagan and cheyeene too . but I hope the whinney brothers dont win cause they are nasty . I dont like them at all . so two fave teams out of three aint bad it was awesome last night . Loved it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 12:47 PM

263 posts, read 867,846 times
It didn't make sense to have Big Easy do that task. Flight Time would have done a better job. Also, as much as I love the GTs I think it was a very dumb move to give up and take the penalty. Taking the 4-hour penalty meant they basically forfeited the race. It would have been far better to sit there for 4 hours and come up with various combinations for those letters. I can't believe they were eliminated over this particular task. There were only 5 letters! Franz" isn't so strange a name. I went to school with a boy whose first name was Fransz and he was American. Also, even if you haven't read Kafka, you might have seen the SNL episodes where the two muscle guys are talking about "girlymen" and "pump you up". Remember Hans and Franz from SNL? I bet Big Easy must have at least seen those SNL episodes.

The brothers, especially the louder older one, are complete douche bags. I so hope they don't win. I want anyone but the brothers to win. I don't even care if it's the boring Cheyne and Meaghan or the whiny Erica and Brian, but please please don't let the two douchy brothers win. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

Meghan and Cheyne should have taken the brothers taxi. I loved how the whiney brothers were like "that is OUR taxi" and that we told him to wait for us. What a bunch of losers. Hope karma bites them on the butt. I was soooooo hoping the rabbi's would have sent their sorry butts back because of the broken arm. URGH!!! Why did they not send them back for that? THAT would have been funny I would have laughed my arse right off at the sight of them being told it was not good enough. And then they have to do it all over again. YEP! Would have been great.

I too loved it when Ericka told that one person about the "American Attitude". LOL!!! TOO FUNNY!!!

Right now I am rooting for Meghan and Cheyne. I do NOT want the brothers to win at all. NO WAY - NO HOW!
Couldn't agree with you more.
The arm was broken. They should have been sent back to do it again. Can't believe the Rabbi didn't see the crack in the arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I was actually imploring the rabbis in Hebrew. I thought they might somehow hear me over the airwaves and through the taped delay and send the defective golem back. "Oy! What Qabalist could animate a busted golem? Schlep on back and make it right!" I was imagining the open weeping and ragging of the long walk back to clay up another golem, and hoping that would be the reason the Trotters survived the race.
LMAO!! Funny...

Old 11-30-2009, 06:21 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,887 times
I wonder if Big Easy is dyslexic? He wrote the z backward several times. I asked my son who is dyslexic and he said that once he gets frustrated w/ reading or writing something, it's almost impossible to figure it out.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:00 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,680,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I wonder if Big Easy is dyslexic? He wrote the z backward several times. I asked my son who is dyslexic and he said that once he gets frustrated w/ reading or writing something, it's almost impossible to figure it out.
I never thought about that, but you could be right. It'd be interesting to see what he says in post interviews.

I hear y'all on the karma thing. Sam and Dan are intentionally being jerks now. Their character has turned them into ugly creatures where I once thought they were a little attractive. I hope they read our posts....but they wouldn't care--they're cocky, full of themselves, and pompous.

The GT went out with class. I could kinda understand their quitting at that point. I would be aggravated if I couldn't find the word after over 2 hours, too. Things happen for a reason. Like Nicole said, there could be underlying factors as to why he couldn't quite grasp that word. I think this is one situation in which 99 percent of us can agree that they were an awesome team--I think I've only read one post in which someone didn't quite like the GTs. That's pretty daggum rare.

I am still going for Brian (camping!, please don't ever mistake that attractive, personality-of-gold Brian with that snake in the grass Sam, LOL) and Ericka. Her whining to me is comical. I wouldn't be mad if Cheyne/Megan won. At this rate, I better not because it looks like they got this in the bag. Hopefully, the brothers have never stepped foot in Nevada and they run into all the bad luck in the world.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:00 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,443 times
Oh boy! I can't believe my GT's are out! I got such a kick out of them and like a poster up thread said, they never ripped into one another after a bad leg. Total support and "let's forget it and move on". True team players.

If I have to hear "Cheyne, Cheyne, Cheyne, Cheyne, Cheyne" {{whine, whine, whine}} "Cheyne, Cheyne, Cheyne" {{whine, whine whine}} one more time, I don't know what I'm going to do. Not to mention I can't stand that kids hair. Rooster-esque at best.

Brian and Ericka? They should have been gone a long time ago. Saved by the skin of their pants one too many times.

The brothers? Did the Rabbi miss the broken part of it? I was sooooo hoping that they would have got sent all the way back to re-do their golem and by then the GT's could have overtaken them by doing the beer-delivery. If they can balance basket balls, they should have had a pretty easy time with that.

As long as Sam and Dan don't win, I could care less who does, but I do have a tiny little preference for Brian and Ericka over Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne and Meghan.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:04 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I never thought about that, but you could be right. It'd be interesting to see what he says in post interviews.

I hear y'all on the karma thing. Sam and Dan are intentionally being jerks now. Their character has turned them into ugly creatures where I once thought they were a little attractive. I hope they read our posts....but they wouldn't care--they're cocky, full of themselves, and pompous.

The GT went out with class. I could kinda understand their quitting at that point. I would be aggravated if I couldn't find the word after over 2 hours, too. Things happen for a reason. Like Nicole said, there could be underlying factors as to why he couldn't quite grasp that word. I think this is one situation in which 99 percent of us can agree that they were an awesome team--I think I've only read one post in which someone didn't quite like the GTs. That's pretty daggum rare.

I am still going for Brian (camping!, please don't ever mistake that attractive, personality-of-gold Brian with that snake in the grass Sam, LOL) and Ericka. Her whining to me is comical. I wouldn't be mad if Cheyne/Megan won. At this rate, I better not because it looks like they got this in the bag. Hopefully, the brothers have never stepped foot in Nevada and they run into all the bad luck in the world.

Yikes!! You are right --- I meant Brian, definately not Sam.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyg View Post
"cheyne, cheyne, cheyne, cheyne, cheyne" {{whine, whine, whine}} "cheyne, cheyne, cheyne" {{whine, whine whine}}
Tee hee hee!

Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,379,451 times
Anyone notice this season they don't mention how much money the teams get for each leg of the race? Maybe they just cover the costs of the taxis etc no matter how much.

I too wished the rabbis had sent the b*tchy bros back to the beginning for breaking the arm of the golem.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:49 AM

263 posts, read 867,846 times
Has anyone noticed how often the contestants in this season had to strip down? Mud volleyball, two minutes inside the cryogenic room, golfing in underwear, swimming in undies across the river for the Farmer's Challenge...
I don't recall seeing the contestants in past seasons strip down to their undies as often.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times
I know they mentioned money a few times because one time I remember thinking how incredibly low the amount was.

I LOVE the Globe Trotters, but they deserved to lose after taking that penalty. Has anyone in this race ever made a dumber move? And am I the only one who figured out "Franz" in under 1 second. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV