Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,426,463 times

Advertisements

This is who I would like to see in the Final Three and in the order I'd like for them to place: Globetrotters, Brian and Erika, Meghan and Cheyne. I actually don't think that's likely, so this is my prediction: Globetrotters or Meghan and Cheyne and brothers in third. I'm pulling for the Globetrotters to win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 06:58 AM

750 posts, read 1,435,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Why the rants? You said in a previous post that you tape it on the DVR and watch it the next night. This has been going on for several years now with TAR on Sunday nights. It's not something that just came up. I just don't see the point in getting all worked up over this. Just have some fun and enjoy the show on what ever night you want.
I wasn't clear enough. I should have stated plainly that I was going to START DVR-ing the Amazing Race every Sunday. Which will only be a couple of times, since we're nearing the end.

I'm not really "worked up" over this. More like "annoyed" and "joking around". That's a big problem with message boards. Humor is lost unless you paste a bunch of smiley faces and little thumbs up winkies.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:50 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,044,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I wasn't clear enough. I should have stated plainly that I was going to START DVR-ing the Amazing Race every Sunday. Which will only be a couple of times, since we're nearing the end.

I'm not really "worked up" over this. More like "annoyed" and "joking around". That's a big problem with message boards. Humor is lost unless you paste a bunch of smiley faces and little thumbs up winkies.
Sounds like a good plan. I always use the DVR for TAR since my dh feels it's necessary to provide me with a commentary during the show. Now I watch it when he goes to bed. As a matter of fact, I DVR all my shows and watch them when he goes to bed. It saves me a lot frustration and keeps him "safe". Just remember to set up the hour after the show so you don't miss any thing.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,950,969 times
I know this is petty but I can't stand Cheyne's hair. The spiky part looks stupid and he bugs me. I'm rooting for the globetrotters!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:01 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,683,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post

What would the world be likie without those corny faces though...some of them are just so darn...cute

Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,478,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
This is who I would like to see in the Final Three and in the order I'd like for them to place: Globetrotters, Brian and Erika, Meghan and Cheyne. I actually don't think that's likely, so this is my prediction: Globetrotters or Meghan and Cheyne and brothers in third. I'm pulling for the Globetrotters to win!
It's hard not to root for the Globetrotters, that's for sure.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:25 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,683,869 times
I'm on the East Coast and I think the delay was only maybe 5 minutes at the most....

Does anyone else wanna throw something at the TV right now!?! That's all I'm gonna say!

Old 11-29-2009, 06:29 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,925,107 times
Man I miss Prague.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:40 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,486,454 times
Spoiler
I don't understand why the Globetrotters would make that decision. Wouldn't it be better to just spend the time working on the word puzzle? I don't get it. He just gave up. I hope there is some way they can still not be last, but geez 4 hours is a long time.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:12 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,925,107 times
Spoiler
I get calculating the risk and deciding that you will come out ahead by taking a penalty. I've certainly seen a few tasks where the team would have been better off taking the penalty--the poker team with the dumbbell, Miss America counting the bells--but you only come out ahead if you make the decision before everyone else finishes the task, and the GTs knew they were already in last place with no time to make it up.

But I'm not sure the outcome would have been any different if they'd continued trying to guess the words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV