Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM

13,257 posts, read 22,981,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afishwithabike View Post
It didn't make sense to have Big Easy do that task. Flight Time would have done a better job.
The problem was that under the 'Bowling Moms' rule, each member of the team essentially has to do half the roadblocks. And since the final leg in recent years has generally involved a memory task, the GTs knew they absolutely had to have Flight Time still able to do that last Roadblock, so he couldn't do the phones because of how they'd previously divided up the RBs.

There were a couple of tidbits on another board from someone watching the race with Meghan & Cheyne, and they mentioned a couple things about the leg- 1) apparently the brothers found the rabbi before moving the golem and specifically asked him about the broken arm, and the rabbi said it was fine. So that Detour was more about the hauling than it was about properly mudding and such and 2) Brian had a 30 minute penalty for writing down the letters in the phone room that they didn't show on screen. (But you can tell something happened because Phil first gave them the 'You are the third team to arrive' instead of 'You are Team Number Three' and Ericka's hair changes between that and when they're jumping up and down)

I'm for a Meghan & Cheyne win at this point. She may be a bit whiny, but Meghan's probably the best female Racer we've ever seen on the show and I'd like to see that rewarded.

Last edited by beachmouse; 12-02-2009 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 10:23 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,043,873 times
You would think that any penalty should be shown or at least mentioned. The brothers talked about one of them wanting to go find the rabbis first, but the search wasn't shown. Wonder why?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,043,873 times
Watched a little bit of the teams checking in at the elimination station.
Spoiler
Cannan and Mika have broken up.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:01 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,017,046 times
Karma's a beeatch. Glad the globetrotters finally got theirs. I'm happy with the three teams chosen for the finale, I hope team Oreo wins.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:13 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,209,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Karma's a beeatch. Glad the globetrotters finally got theirs. I'm happy with the three teams chosen for the finale, I hope team Oreo wins.
huh?
Globetrotters got their what?
they were nice to everyone..............I'm confused by your post......

Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,432,351 times
Not that I don't love A-R 15 and still rooting for Meghan and Cheyne to win but I just heard this morning that Miss Teen USA S. Carolina 2007 might be on Amazing Race 16. Now this should be interesting

Here's the link and you will also see who else might (is) competing. Why do these people who have already won on another show and had their day of fame have to take up space on my t.v.

'Amazing Race' Season 16 Casting Spoilers - Inside TV

Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM

13,257 posts, read 22,981,327 times
They were talking smack to Mika at the waterslide, and if you're in the group that says that was poor sportsmanship instead of smart Race strategy, I can see not liking them so much.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,166,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
They were talking smack to Mika at the waterslide, and if you're in the group that says that was poor sportsmanship instead of smart Race strategy, I can see not liking them so much.
Micha was doing nothing more than taking up space while crying about how she was afraid to go down a water slide with floaties on. There is no way that if you were waiting your turn to go down the slide, you wouldn't just say, "step aside so I can go." The Globetrotters couldn't do that, so they took advantage of her stupidness to win that leg. Nice? Probably not. But neither was it nice for her boyfriend to practically throw her down the slide. They were a terrible team and started the race with one huge strike against them...Micha's fear of heights. Not sure why anyone would do on TAR if they can't swim, have a weak stomach, can't drive a stick shift, can't read a map, or are afraid of heights. Every single thing mentioned above comes up on every season and every year, there is one team eliminated because they literally are unable to perform that leg. She wasn't going to go down that slide for anything, even for $1M and the longer the Globetrotters had to stand around and wait for her, the later they were going to have to start the next leg.

That being said, they deserved to be eliminated last leg. Big Easy is stupid. I liked them but he gave up and taking a 3-hour penalty was a dumb move. They may have gotten away with it at the beginning of the race, but when you are near the end, a 3-hour penalty is a death sentence.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:25 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,166,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
If I have to hear "Cheyne, Cheyne, Cheyne, Cheyne, Cheyne" {{whine, whine, whine}} "Cheyne, Cheyne, Cheyne" {{whine, whine whine}} one more time, I don't know what I'm going to do.
Don't forget what the GTs said about not knowing anyone's name except Brian's because Ericka is always yelling "Brian!".

For me, my pet peeve is "Babe." "You can do it, babe". "Good job, babe." "C'mon babe."

If I ever played the drinking game and had to drink a shot everytime someone said "Babe" I'd be wasted before the 2nd commercial!

As for who wins...anyone but the brothers for me. Karma usually DOES play a part in the race and they are "cruising for a bruising" of Karma. The cab stealing, the "let's work together on this" to Big Easy, the sudden accusations of the GTs not pulling their weight (which was ridiculous), etc. Karma should have intervened when they tried to pass of a broken armed statue...but she didn't.

I agree with another poster about Meghan. She is a strong female and hasn't had to be pulled up constantly by her partner (with the exception of the whining during the hay bale leg). That gives them an edge for me, but I like Brian more than I like Cheyne, so as long as it's not the brothers, I will be fine. This has been a great season.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,952,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

LOL... if that's your idea of someone who's rotten being handed some karma, you may wanna troll the internet for what people mean by "Karma's a betch".

At this point, I don't care who wins. There's no team I like still in the race.

Although I'd be disappointed if the brothers win... for obvious reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV