Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,724,645 times

Advertisements

so they were on Bonnie Hunt today. He said that before they left, he told her that if any point he had to shove her over an edge, he would and that she said ok. She agreed. They're still together and everything's gravy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 11:53 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,134,151 times
Here's an article about Zev and Justin and talks about the missing passports.
Amazing Race's Justin Takes the Blame for Losing Zev's Passport - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Old 10-27-2009, 12:08 PM

977 posts, read 1,961,362 times
If I was Canaan I would berate her too. There is no excuse for a 20-something year old young woman to be crying like that. Water wings? Freaking seriously? Most 5 year olds don't use water wings, especially in a pool that was what, 2 or 3 feet deep at the bottom?
And this was just the most prominent of all of Mika's whining over the show. I honestly don't know how Canaan puts up with that crap ALL the time.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:36 PM

263 posts, read 869,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Amazing Race's Justin Takes the Blame for Losing Zev's Passport - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Thanks for sharing the link. It's great they're still cool about the whole thing. I hope they make it to the TAR All Star Race.

I love this line from Zev about why he did so well in the duck herding challenge.
Zev: I love to eat duck, so they were probably afraid I was going to eat them.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:53 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,190,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
thanks Mookster!! What a great article........I heart those 2 guys--awesome people!!! Wonderful read!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:56 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,190,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
so they were on Bonnie Hunt today. He said that before they left, he told her that if any point he had to shove her over an edge, he would and that she said ok. She agreed. They're still together and everything's gravy.
oh well then , he should have pushed over the edge...of--that tall building they went to. You know the one she CRIED about before they even got the clue??!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:02 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,403,335 times
Just why does someone like Mika go on a show like that where she knows she will have to do stunts and challenges that involve water and heights? I can only assume she thought she could overcome her fears. Sadly for her , she failed. She can't be proud of the way she acted.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:14 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,382,900 times
I agree that she had no business on the show. We all need to know our limitations. The thing is that a particular fear is so hard to get over. I feel that way about spiders. I would never go on a show where there was a chance I would have to handle (or eat) spiders.

I was on a ropes course several years ago. One of the tasks was to climb a 40 ft. pole and stand up on a pizza pan on the top. I got to the top and crouched on the pan. I simply could not stand up. I just could not do it. I was on belay ropes. My team members were holding the ropes that controled the harness I was strapped into. I still could not stand up. I regret it to this day. Coulda', shoulda', woulda'. There are no "overs." Mika is going to regret not going down the slide for the rest of her life.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:46 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,525,130 times
Yes, the water wings totally cracked me up. If I were him I would have shoved her off the slide, no doubt. Give me a break, they would not have come in last if she has done it. You do not go on to Amazing Race without realizing these are the kinds of things they make you do. I would go down that tall slide anyday over bungi jumping off some huge bridge like they did one season. She needed to suck it up and do it for the team.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:34 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,643,341 times
She happens to be a wanna be singer.
I think she was looking to get exposure,get her name out there.
She sure did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV