Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 04:19 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
was thinking the same thing. She laughed at everyone who wasnt star quality. Kind of rude.

Mary Blige was downright RUDE! I cannot stand her. I could not believe the nasty looks on her face with every contestant!! ugh! Why on Earth was she even on???

SHANIA TWAIN ON TONITE!!!

I like Justin-the Michael Buble sounding guy! He rocked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:29 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Regarding the judges being mean, if you have ever auditioned for anything theatrical; a play, movie singing, dancing etc you would think that the judges on Idol are sweethearts. Auditions are brutal and competition is fierce. If people want to get into the entertainment industry, they have to be strong and be able to accept criticism and "no" for an answer much of the time.
Adam Lambert said the very same thing on Oprah today.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
I'm just not feeling it this year. Maybe it will be better when the auditions are over.

I'd much rather hear good singing than watch terrible singers and comedy acts. I doubt many people really enjoy that part.

And tonight was all bad talent. They hardly spent any time on people who could sing.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:16 PM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,625,951 times
I agree with Hopes, American Idol just does not feel the same anymore.................

Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,741 times
I forgot the season had started so I missed the first couple of shows. I've got a pretty good track record of "calling" the winner during these early auditions, if they're actually shown during this portion. And if the person I pegged doesn't end up the winner, they always end up at least in the top 3. I missed season one until the finale, but my predictions have gone like this:

Season 2: I called Clay Aiken
Season 3: (man that year SUCKED) Didn't like her one bit (I know that's not a popular opinion), but I called it for Fantasia from day 1
Season 4: Called Carrie the winner immediately
Season 5: Called it for Taylor Hicks, though during the course of the season I became a HUGE Elliott Yamin fan and wished like heck he had won.
Season 6: Called it for Jordin Sparks
Season 7: The only season I couldn't call a winner from either the initial audition rounds or from Hollywood. David Cook didn't really start to shine until the competition rounds, and I didn't call him as the winner until he sang "Hello" during the Top 16 round.
Season 8: The first one I was totally off base, because I called Danny Gokey from the audition rounds, although he did come in 3rd place.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:33 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,189,443 times
Anyone else notice the show was based in Chicago last night, yet they'd throw back to crazy people swearing and screaming to poke fun at the city..........and the people screaming in the clips were surrounded by palm trees???

They could at least get the location fixed as opposed to just piecing the entire country together for ratings. Haha.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,741 times
I also noticed that when they showed clips from their previous time in Chicago, they chose to show the brothers who ended up disqualified for stealing a car. I thought that was a rather odd choice.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,676,380 times
shania was hot :P

Lucky asian kid she was flirting with...his voice sucked IMO

Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Mary Blige was downright RUDE! I cannot stand her. I could not believe the nasty looks on her face with every contestant!! ugh! Why on Earth was she even on???

SHANIA TWAIN ON TONITE!!!

I like Justin-the Michael Buble sounding guy! He rocked!
I was so surprised. I expected her to be considerate and kind, but, wow. I don't care if I never see her again. I knew Kristin would be adorable tonight, and she was.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:34 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,533,523 times
Missed half the show last night. Normally it takes me 5 episodes of weirdo-auditions to become sick of that part, but my patience is wearing thin. Let's just cut to the chase and get to Hollywood and start stripping the fat!

No stand outs yet. I think the bff's who audition together are kind of amusing...in a 5th grade sort of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV