Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 06:22 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,735,440 times

Advertisements

wow. This poor woman CANNOT catch a break. Year after year... I hope she makes it to the top 12 this year.

INSIDE STORY: Idol Contestant’s Mother Vanishes - PEOPLE TV Watch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,596,794 times
I don't remember Katy Perry being that thin? She looked awesome tho. I musta missed the part where she was rude when I went to the bathroom or something. What happened?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,074,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I don't remember Katy Perry being that thin? She looked awesome tho.
I dont think she was too thin. She looked rather curvy to me with a small waist. I was really blown away at how good she looked. She was a total bi**h though.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,366,840 times
Katy Perry is very pretty BUT her attitude makes her UGLY on the inside. Looks are only skin deep. I never knew she was such a biotch until seeing AI last nite!

Avril Lavigne is scary! What the heck is up with the devil's horns and that getup she had on? How tacky.She might as well have 666 tattoed on her forehead! LOL

Old 01-27-2010, 09:04 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,865,984 times
Avril in that ridiculous outfit reminded me of an idiot contestant dressing up to get attention. Sheesh.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,473,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post

wow. This poor woman CANNOT catch a break. Year after year... I hope she makes it to the top 12 this year.

INSIDE STORY: Idol Contestant’s Mother Vanishes - PEOPLE TV Watch
Oh my god, that poor girl. I simply cannot imagine. I hope she's good enough to make it to the top 12 at least this time. Damn.

Last night's show sucked.

I completely disagreed with Simon and the B with the Boobs about the final performer. I was with Randy and Kara on that one.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:15 AM

5,124 posts, read 16,649,475 times
I don't think there wasn't talent in LA, I just think we viewers didn't get to see it.

Overall, I think this season's auditions have been kind of ho-hum. In seasons past, the "not so good/bad" auditions were at least entertaining. This season, they're just boring.

The first LA auditions we saw was a waste of time. Why did the producers focus so much air time on this kid? Why didn't we get to see some talented or at least entertaining auditions?

I only liked three auditions from LA: Andrew Garcia, _____ Golightly and Tasha.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:23 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,553,604 times
I thought Avril was way out of line to tell the pastor/father that she didn't think he could handle all his responsibilities and be on AI. I thought he sounded pretty good, and I hope he makes it far in the competition since she shot him down. At least the other three judges approved of him. If the contestant thinks they can handle the pressure, who is Lavigne to say otherwise. Singers should be judged on their talent, not on their life responsibilities. (As you can probably tell, I dislike Avril Lavigne--always have--and I don't think she is "judge material." Also, I don't like One-Hit Wonder Katy Perry either. JMHO, though.)

Old 01-27-2010, 09:29 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,399,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Wednesday night program note:

President Obama will be giving his State of the Union address in prime time. Check your local listings to see if this messes up AIs time slot in your area.
I wish I had checked on here before. By the time he was yakking, AI was already over! I think they should show it again for those of us whose tv guide was wrong. Does anyone know where a good place is to watch it online? Thanks.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 AM

3,027 posts, read 11,624,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
I thought Avril was way out of line to tell the pastor/father that she didn't think he could handle all his responsibilities and be on AI. I thought he sounded pretty good, and I hope he makes it far in the competition since she shot him down. At least the other three judges approved of him. If the contestant thinks they can handle the pressure, who is Lavigne to say otherwise. Singers should be judged on their talent, not on their life responsibilities. (As you can probably tell, I dislike Avril Lavigne--always have--and I don't think she is "judge material." Also, I don't like One-Hit Wonder Katy Perry either. JMHO, though.)
It seemed to me that she was somewhat condescending, basically saying you can't be a pastor, father, and AI contestant at the same time. I know the demands of being on AI will be tough for him (Jim Ranger), but he comes from a strong family that will be supporting him, so I think he'll do okay with the pressure. His mother is an incredible singer, and if he's half as good as she is, he'll go far. I've seen her perform a couple times, and have heard some recordings of her music, too.

It was funny, because I was on the computer surfing the C-D forums when my daughter called me from the other room saying there was someone from Bakersfield on AI. Well, I know several people in Bakersfield, so I thought I'd go check it out to see who was performing. I was shocked when I realized Jim Ranger was performing, because even though I don't know him personally, I have met both of his parents. I've attended (and was baptized in) their church, because they are affiliated with the church I am a member of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV