Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,251,908 times

Advertisements

I'm watching the interview from Oprah today right now. 5 minutes in and I just can't believe this woman. No remorse. She says she's not a home wrecker, that you can't "steal a person from another person" (ie steal a husband from his wife).

She said they NEVER used birth control!

and who wears jeans and flip flops to an Oprah interview?

My husband thinks she's crazy. Kind of fatal attraction-ish.

She is acting like she's so spiritual and a lover of the truth, yet she did this horrendous thing, and acts like she hasn't done anything wrong. She is all excuses. "I was in love with him" is her reason for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 07:13 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,629,152 times
I saw most of the interview earlier and was astounded. She really does come across as pathological in her lack of remorse and her purported belief that her actions were of no consequence to anyone else - as if there is no reason to judge her based on established social convention - that if anyone judges her it is because they were hurt by someone else. She. Is. Whack!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,829,358 times
LOL--I liked her. Found her refreshing in contrast to that drab,biotch Elizabeth Edwards.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
LOL--I liked her. Found her refreshing in contrast to that drab,biotch Elizabeth Edwards.
I'd rather be a drab biotch than an irresponsible self-righteous cheater.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,581,290 times
All I have to say is that John Edwards has the most awful taste in women

exhibit A - the shrill, cold-as-ice witch of a wife Elizabeth
exhibit B - the new-agey, fakey-name, bimbo of a baby momma Rielle

Old 04-29-2010, 07:45 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,829,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'd rather be a drab biotch than an irresponsible self-righteous cheater.

ewwwwwww...not me.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,359,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I saw most of the interview earlier and was astounded. She really does come across as pathological in her lack of remorse and her purported belief that her actions were of no consequence to anyone else - as if there is no reason to judge her based on established social convention - that if anyone judges her it is because they were hurt by someone else. She. Is. Whack!
But you know, so is Edwards. These two are perfect for each other. I have no idea what his marriage was like, but this affair was about the most tawdry thing I've ever seen. And the people that covered up for him, I forget their names, were just as sleazy.

Did anyone get the impression she was trying to rehabilitate her reputation? Was she successful?

Old 04-29-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
But you know, so is Edwards. These two are perfect for each other. I have no idea what his marriage was like, but this affair was about the most tawdry thing I've ever seen. And the people that covered up for him, I forget their names, were just as sleazy.

Did anyone get the impression she was trying to rehabilitate her reputation? Was she successful?
The Young's? They took her in and said the baby was his, and then he wrote a book about the whole thing, right? That takes a lot of nerve to be involved in something like that and then to profit from it by writing a book.

No, I don't think she was successful. I hadn't paid much attention to her before, but I sure don't think highly of her now. She took no responsibility. She had unprotected sex with a high profile married man, and brought an innocent child into this mess she and Edwards created. Really irresponsible behavior, and all she did is make excuses.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:05 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,629,152 times
Agreed Dockside, they do deserve each other! And agreed, RKB - the Youngs are reprehensible, too - and, if anything, Rielle dug a deeper hole for herself with this interview (IMO)

Old 04-30-2010, 05:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,885,074 times
No comments on the interview but as far as what she was wearing--it was her home and if Oprah came to my home I would dress as I normally do-Oprah is not the end all be all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV