Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 03:36 PM

16 posts, read 12,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This situation is starting to remind me of Kate Gosselin last year. She stayed a lot longer than she should have because of her fan base.
I think Bristol is a lovely young girl who wants to become known for herself, not for her mother or the Palin kid who got pregnant out of wedlock. Last night she proved she is not only determined, but she's also becoming more confident. Not to mention that she's become as graceful as a butterfly and stands a good chance of winning this thing. I get tired of the quasi-professional dancers already moving directly to the top and often winning.

(And trust me, I'm no Sarah Palin fan.)

Kudos and to Bristol. You go, girl!!

Last edited by Beretta; 10-28-2010 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: quoted post was edited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
To those of you that think I hate Bristol because of who her mother is.........please check out my post on another thread..........from 9/03/10........page 10........post #100.

Bristol Palin on 'Dancing with the Stars'

Now, know this, I am judging her on her dancing. The way she danced last week was terrible.........and the judges thought so too........she only got 18 points.....the worst score of the evening.

Granted, she did better last night, but she surely is not a contender to win the contest.

I am not the one who is judging her based on who her mother is.

After last night, I think Brandy and Max have a real chance at winning unless Jen and Derek reverse their downslide.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,600,412 times
OMG Brooke's B00BS!

Ok, I swear that shear piece was not there at the start of the show.

Last edited by toosie; 10-26-2010 at 07:28 PM..

Old 10-26-2010, 08:07 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,600,412 times
For those of you who want to know tonight's results...
Spoiler
Audrina went home - Jen was in the bottom two also

Looking forward to the discussion here tomorrow!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:44 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple M Ranch View Post
I think Bristol is a lovely young girl who wants to become known for herself, not for her mother or the Palin kid who got pregnant out of wedlock. Last night she proved she is not only determined, but she's also becoming more confident. Not to mention that she's become as graceful as a butterfly and stands a good chance of winning this thing.
Seriously? Graceful? Did you see her doing the dance to the Monkees theme? She totally forgot at least half the moves. And her clumsy movements on the dance floor are pretty bad for someone who is getting the benefit of professional training.

The judges apparently don't want to say anything bad to her, even though they rip the other contestants up and down for failing to be 100% perfect.
Audrina and Brandy are graceful. Bristol is not.

Why do you think Bristol is a "lovely young girl who wants to become known for herself"? What has she done to serve as an example to young women besides giving hypocritical speeches about practice abstinence? Her idea of working to support the baby she had out of wedlock consists of cashing in on her mother's notoriety as the Democrat's dream for the Republican Presidential candidate.

The media should be focusing on talented, hard-working young women entrepreneurs and entertainers who had the minimal common sense to use birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Too many young women will look at Bristol and think, she had a baby and look how great her life is! Few of them will have the intelligence to realize that the youngsters of the ultra-rich political aristocracy will never have to bear the costs of their own actions, but the rest of the population will pay every day for the rest of their lives.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,619 times
I didn't actually think ANY of them were all that good last night. I thought Bristol was most improved. I thought Jennifer was the worst.

I thought the dance at the end was the judges attempt to adjust the points to where they wanted them.

As far as the media attention on a young woman that had a baby out of wed-lock...you surely can't be saying Bristol is any worse than MOST Hollywood people. Why do you chose to hold her to a different standard?

I agree that the media gives far too much attention to entertainers etc, and most have not set very good examples. But to chose one from the many seems a little biased IMO.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
As far as the media attention on a young woman that had a baby out of wed-lock...you surely can't be saying Bristol is any worse than MOST Hollywood people. .
Like Katie Holmes or Angelina Jolie? Nobody would have ever heard of any of the Palins if John McCain hadn't infamously picked Sarah Palin for his running mate. Bristol Palin wasn't really in the limelight at all, until she started this show. Now, she's coming out of her shell and sort of becoming a dancer. I don't see her wanting to be famous or anything, she's just adjusting to the situation and kind of going for it.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 AM

433 posts, read 1,143,666 times
I'm not even into the political scene. The only good dance I saw from Bristol was last weeks!!

Last edited by Beretta; 10-28-2010 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: quoted post was deleted

Old 10-27-2010, 07:07 AM

433 posts, read 1,143,666 times
[quote=tamiznluv;16410037]I'm sorry but I thought Kurt and his partner did a better job than Max and Brandy and another pair did much better IMO than the judges gave them. quote]

I couldn't believe the scores Kurt and Anna got. I also think the other dancers and the audience were in shock over it. The judges needed to be kicked in the rump to open their eyes.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:22 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
My feeling is that this season I don't really care about any of the contestants.

I've always been a Jennifer Gray fan- I liked her old nose, but she is losing ground because she comes off as a complainer/whiner. People loved her in Dirty Dancing, (she was in a good movie called Wind, if you can find it, you should see it) but her real personality is a bit annoying.
People like the way Bristol is improving, but she can't possibly win. I keep hoping she'll dance off her post baby weight before she gets the boot, but so far, not so much.
Brandi is good, but zero personality.
I guess I just like Kurt and Rick the best because they are both SO cute looking.
The young kid, don't know his name is doing a good job, and people seem to like him, so maybe he'll go the distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV