Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 07:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,982,477 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's just me, but I've been getting the feeling for the past three weeks that Jennifer Grey is just done. I don't think she wants to be there anymore. Her attitude during rehearsals, her performances, just seem to emphasize that for her, this just isn't rewarding anymore. I think that she got into the show because Dirty Dancing was a happy time for her, in every way, and she was nostalgic for that time. But she's not that young girl, anymore. And after her bout with cancer, and after Patrick Swayze's death, she may be trying to focus on the best ways to use her time. I think at first the show was fun for her, but it's also a major commitment, and week after week after week, it just may be that she wants to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My feeling is that this season I don't really care about any of the contestants.

I've always been a Jennifer Gray fan- I liked her old nose, but she is losing ground because she comes off as a complainer/whiner. People loved her in Dirty Dancing, (she was in a good movie called Wind, if you can find it, you should see it) but her real personality is a bit annoying.
People like the way Bristol is improving, but she can't possibly win. I keep hoping she'll dance off her post baby weight before she gets the boot, but so far, not so much.
Brandi is good, but zero personality.
I guess I just like Kurt and Rick the best because they are both SO cute looking.
The young kid, don't know his name is doing a good job, and people seem to like him, so maybe he'll go the distance.
Thanks for the tip on the movie. I will have to check it out. Dirty Dancing was one of my favorite movies and I will have to admit that I wouldn't have recognized Jennifer Grey without being told who she was.
Part of her charm, for me, was that she wasn't the typical Hollywood beauty. But I can't wait to check her out in "Wind". Thanks again.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:02 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,277,220 times
Last night upset me some more. Tony and his partner getting the boot? Derek and Jennifer Grey still there? Did anyone else notice the spaced out look on Jennifer's face last night when Derek was cuddling her on stage? No reaction from her either when they were told they were safe.

I almost barfed when those bafoon judges got up and were bemoaning the two couples up for "eviction". I was giving my tv "hand signals".

I, too, think Kurt and Rick are soooo handsome and are doing great too.

What happened to the concept of this show? Wasn't it supposed to be about someone who had no ballroom training to "improve" over time? I think that is a farce. Those judges suk. Except for Jennifer Grey, I like all the stars. I liked her old nose better too. Did anyone else catch her husband yawing the other night? Who is that? Michael Moriarty?

I'm looking forward to the Skating with the Stars too. I remember they had that on one year and that is really tough! Am also looking forward to the big night with former contestants performing and being judges.

So this Brooke is a DWTS champion? How was she? I never saw her. I've only watched a couple of seasons before when it was first on and of course had to tune in last year for watch KG.

I noticed like someone said, the piece of sheer material trying to cover Brooke's b00bs last night too. I didn't notice it in the begining but noticed it later. I think they added it during a commercial or when they were off camera?

All in all, I am disappointed in the show and think "the fix" is in but seeing the stars perform so beautifully when they are "fish out of water" is great.

Go Rick, Kurt, Bristol, Kyle!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,644,252 times
OMG Tami, your post is cracking me up :P

I wish Odd&Tony would have stayed, too. Partly because she's fun to make fun of but partly because, IMO, she's one of the best dancers and showing improvement.

Whoa, I totally noticed what you're saying about Jen. Yikes. It was creepy how he was just rocking her for so long and she had that vacant look on her face. I agree with DC that Jen seems done.

I hope Kurt outlasts Rick - even though I think Rick is showing more improvement.

Don't think I saw Brooke's season. Glad to have confirmation about the B00b situation last night! She looked like she was in a stripper ad!

Now that Odd's gone and Jen might not get her act together, I think Brandy's the best dancer left. For whatever perverse reason I'm in Bristol's corner for now, though - I hope she sticks around and improves.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,306,265 times
I know I am TOTALLY prejudiced, but I'm very, very happy Kurt will keep on dancing. I thought he was terrific. It's "Rock Week". They send Bret Micheals to the studio to work with him and bring out his inner rock star. He rocks. Then the judges want to see Antonio Banderas? Silly.

(But if I never see him in those pants again I will be a very happy person.)

Old 10-27-2010, 01:34 PM

5,509 posts, read 5,256,712 times
There's a reason Bristol consistently gets the lowest votes from the judges. They actually judge dancing skills, which apparently is beyond many show watchers. I would think clumsy is obviously different from graceful, but I guess little is obvious to the oblivious.

So Audrina, who should have won the show, who was always rated at the very top of the Leader Board, goes home, while Bristol, who can't even do the ultra-simplified steps her professional partner choreographs for her, stays yet again.

Par for the course in Bizarro-World America, where being good at something earns you the ire of the masses, and being born into the political aristocracy means the Halo Effect of wealth will ensure that everything you try but fail to do is rewarded by the cheers of the masses.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,306,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Par for the course in Bizarro-World America, where being good at something earns you the ire of the masses, and being born into the political aristocracy means the Halo Effect of wealth will ensure that everything you try but fail to do is rewarded by the cheers of the masses.
Silly me. My votes have been based on butts and abs and un-buttoned shirts a couple of times.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:14 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,242,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I almost barfed when those bafoon judges got up and were bemoaning the two couples up for "eviction". I was giving my tv "hand signals".
Would that be for better TV reception? How did it work out?

I've missed the past 2 weeks of this show just not excited about it and non dancers being slammed for not being more professional. The ones with prior dance experience, however little, should not be on this show in my opinion.

As far a Rick, take any person as tall as he is they won't be as smooth & flowing as others either. But I think for his height he is doing fairly well. No matter who he drew as a partner the height difference would be highly noticeable and not a "perfect" fit.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:25 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,277,220 times
No, didn't do much for reception, Jax. It was broken rabbit ears.

Silly me too, I am not judging anyone on "personality", politics. I'm juding on performance and where the person comes from in dancing. Shame on me for liking eye-candy too.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 PM

2,747 posts, read 465,985 times
I was in shock with the results, too. I can't believe it was Audrina & Tony. I thought for sure Bristol. I do think Jen is going downhill, but if she goes then we lose Derek. I really don't want to see him go. I also think Kurt and Anna are pretty good, too. Maybe not enough to win, but I think the winner this year is anyone's guess. Sure no stand out this year! And Brooke, maybe they should get her a Barbie doll stand to prop her up, could she have any worse posture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV