Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,012,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Look at the courage her mom has. They can say what they want to about her but one thing they can't say is that Sarah Palin lacks courage. It must run in the family.
The words 'avarice' and 'oblivious' also come to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 04:55 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,012,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I agree.
While I actually find Bristol like-able, she really cannot dance.
Not her fault, that's what the show is supposed to be. But as far as entertaining, no, she really isn't entertaining at all she has
ZERO
personality.

I too an shocked she has made it thus far.
I doubt if she will ever stray too far from momma grizzly because of the lure of the money, but I think Bristol should go far away from Alaska, develop her own friends and see the world for what it is. She seems like she never developed her own sense of self. Seems like she tries very hard to only speak when spoken to and to please mommy, who always knows best.

I feel sorry for her because she could stay trapped in a 'Stepford' existence all her life.

I don't think having the kid, or keeping it, at her level of inexperience in life, is helping either her or the kid any.

With her lack of direction in life she will spend her entire life helped by mummy's millions and never develop into the person she could become. And now, with that kid, she's doubly tied down. What a waste.

Last edited by goldengrain; 11-05-2010 at 05:04 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 05:39 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,257,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I came to this thread late and am catching up.

I so much agree with your comments.

Bristol started out as a somewhat naive and overly protected kid who screwed up (probably because of her poor instruction on sex by her mom). She started her public speaking by telling people that abstinence does not work(didn't for her).

Then the nut-wingers got to her or she realized there was more money in following in mommy's footsteps and now she is lecturing kids on abstinence which will cause more unwanted children to be born into the world and another generation of dysfunctional adults, probably.

No, I detest those who wish ignorance on others and make money in the process.

She should have been voted off, in my opinion. I think it is mom's tea bagging friends who are supporting her.
Please leave the political feelings on the proper forum....POLITICS.

Quote:
I doubt if she will ever stray too far from momma grizzly because of the lure of the money, but I think Bristol should go far away from Alaska, develop her own friends and see the world for what it is. She seems like she never developed her own sense of self. Seems like she tries very hard to only speak when spoken to and to please mommy, who always knows best.

I feel sorry for her because she could stay trapped in a 'Stepford' existence all her life.

I don't think having the kid, or keeping it, at her level of inexperience in life, is helping either her or the kid any.

With her lack of direction in life she will spend her entire life helped by mummy's millions and never develop into the person she could become. And now, with that kid, she's doubly tied down. What a waste.

Please leave the editorials about Bristol in the proper thread...ENTERTAINERS.

Thank you.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,560,529 times
Quote:
I came to this thread late and am catching up.

I so much agree with your comments.

Bristol started out as a somewhat naive and overly protected kid who screwed up (probably because of her poor instruction on sex by her mom). She started her public speaking by telling people that abstinence does not work(didn't for her)..
I beg to differ. Abstinence works 100%, the thing is, you have to ABSTAIN! The rules aren't too confusing on this one. Pretty black and white!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Please leave the political feelings on the proper forum....POLITICS.

Please leave the editorials about Bristol in the proper thread...ENTERTAINERS.

Thank you.
Bristol Palin isn't an entertainer. Sorry, but she wouldn't belong in there! Levi Johnston maybe (they should have picked him for the show!)

Now, the judges can't get all in a huff about what a travesty it is to see Rick or Audrina go, when half the blame goes to them. I think Bristol's high scores are a thing of the past. Yes, she's gotten better, but she is far from being at the level of the other dancers.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,096,086 times
Maybe Levi will be a contestant the next time around.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,257,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I beg to differ. Abstinence works 100%, the thing is, you have to ABSTAIN! The rules aren't too confusing on this one. Pretty black and white!

Bristol Palin isn't an entertainer. Sorry, but she wouldn't belong in there! Levi Johnston maybe (they should have picked him for the show!)

Now, the judges can't get all in a huff about what a travesty it is to see Rick or Audrina go, when half the blame goes to them. I think Bristol's high scores are a thing of the past. Yes, she's gotten better, but she is far from being at the level of the other dancers.

Of course she is not an entertainer but since she IS on a tv show, I think that qualifies talking about her personally in another thread. That's just my illogic logic anyway. After I posted my last post, I even thought to myself someone was going to call me on Bristol being an "entertainer" and I should have said "Personalities" but since there is no thread named that....

Okay ON WITH THE SHOW!!!!

I am SO going to miss seeing Rick Fox this week. Nice to have felt my heart pumping harder after all these years! lol

Old 11-06-2010, 02:30 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,226,484 times
tami I really enjoyed seeing Rick myself and liked how he was improving. Again he was at a disadvantage with his height so any partner would look unequaled and awkward so he did a great job in my eyes.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:45 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,409,775 times
I was sad to see Rick go. Not only did I like watching him dance but I just liked looking at him. I was shocked to see that he was dating the young chick from Bring It on though.

I also agree with whoever said Bristol's not fun to watch. I don't know what it is but I almost feel like I can hear her thinking "step, arm, turn, turn, kick" even some of the most awful dancers were fun to watch.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:24 PM

664 posts, read 858,028 times
Vote for Brandy & Maks guys!!!!!

1-800-868-3406

Old 11-07-2010, 11:23 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,560,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
someone was going to call me on Bristol being an "entertainer" and I should have said "Personalities" but since there is no thread named that....
You can't be all gleeful about dissing Kate Gosselin and poo-poo anything negative about Bristol Palin, and as far as Personalities, I was going to say you have to have one to be one, but then I remembered the Kardashians.

This week, they won't get their song until they actually dance? I just heard a preview that said something like that. That should make things very interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV