Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM

18,960 posts, read 11,619,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You may have hit upon a good point there, toos. If Bristol had a more "professional" partner and not some guy trying to hit on her constantly, I bet she would do better. I feel sorry for the poor girl. No female wants unwanted attention and to get it on National tv to boot? IMO she is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I didn't see Larry king but reading what she said was just so tateful and mature. I like her but I still think she should have gone before Rick or Kurt. (technically, that is)
Yep, I agree on all points. I didn't see the LK interview either but did think that she, Brandy, and Kurt all were especially gracious and composed during last week's shows.

Watched the rest of the instant dances - all were good but Bristol's was definitely the worst of the bunch. Was really impressed with how much Kurt improved - and how classy he was throughout. As impressive as Jen's dance was, I thought Brandy was more polished and fluid - it does seem that the judges punished them for the slower start. Couldn't believe the sniping between Carrie Ann and Maks - whoa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 04:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,241,649 times
Max is a wonderful dancer and not too hard on the eyes either but I have disliked him since season1. He is pompous, kind of like Len and if winning that mirrored trophy makes him quit, I'm all for that too.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,083,975 times
I don't get it. Why would Max quit if he wins the mirror ball?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:40 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,324,155 times
Noooo! I want Max to stay! I like to watch him. He's easy on the eye's and I don't care that he is a little bit pompous.
Tony is the other one I like watching. Where do they get these nice looking dancers? I seriously need to take up ballroom dancing.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:26 AM

363 posts, read 583,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't get it. Why would Max quit if he wins the mirror ball?
So he can leave a winner.

In the last several episodes, he seems to be disgruntled with the judges, especially Carrie Anne, to the point where he's airing his dissatisfaction on live TV. Not very professional. He should take the criticism and put it to good use for their next dance.

Just my opinion, of course.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:48 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,216,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post

In the last several episodes, he seems to be disgruntled with the judges, especially Carrie Anne, to the point where he's airing his dissatisfaction on live TV. Not very professional. He should take the criticism and put it to good use for their next dance.

We have often wondered if Maks & Carrie Anne has had past relations. Or if he asked her out she refused that would bruise his ego.

Derek is my favorite guy pro he does a lot of fun things when he dances I don't see others doing as much.

I do wonder when these dancers get older if they are going to have mega hip and knee replacements though.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:17 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,166,692 times
I like Max....even if he is arrogant. It always seems like eastern european men are bred to be arrogant.

I also like Tony....both are great dancers with great lines.

Derek is PHANTASTIC....nuff said....

Mark is...Mark and Corky is....well...he is...

Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 AM

2,747 posts, read 465,700 times
It's kind of weird, but the only guy I don't care for is Mark. He just doesn't seem to have the moves the other guys do. And I really don't care for his hair (what hair) this year. Just doesn't fit with the ballroom image.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,241,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Max is a wonderful dancer and not too hard on the eyes either but I have disliked him since season1. He is pompous, kind of like Len and if winning that mirrored trophy makes him quit, I'm all for that too.
I wouldn't mind if he stayed on to watch him dance but the arguments and looks on his face are getting to be too much.

Did Edyta leave because of him? I seem to recall hearing that they had once been a couple. Is that correct? They were such an awesome pair when they took to the floor together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Noooo! I want Max to stay! I like to watch him. He's easy on the eye's and I don't care that he is a little bit pompous.
Tony is the other one I like watching. Where do they get these nice looking dancers? I seriously need to take up ballroom dancing.
Yes, Pink, I like watching Tony dance also. he's not my cup of tea in the looks department but he sure has the moves. LOL I'll join up with ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post

I think your opinion may be correct, LD. I almost want to say he may quit whether he wins or not this year. That's IF he gets asked to return. He seems to be on a slippery slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
We have often wondered if Maks & Carrie Anne has had past relations. Or if he asked her out she refused that would bruise his ego.

Derek is my favorite guy pro he does a lot of fun things when he dances I don't see others doing as much.

I do wonder when these dancers get older if they are going to have mega hip and knee replacements though.
I think you and Liondandy are of the same thoughts there, Jax and I'm begining to wonder that myself.

I don't see how these pros can NOT end up with surgery in their older years! Lordy, can you imagine doing splits in your 40's and up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I like Max....even if he is arrogant. It always seems like eastern european men are bred to be arrogant.

I also like Tony....both are great dancers with great lines.

Derek is PHANTASTIC....nuff said....

Mark is...Mark and Corky is....well...he is...
You are absolutely right, dyni. Not just eastern european either, MOST european men are arrogant, IMO. They see women as "objects", not partners.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:26 AM

2,747 posts, read 465,700 times
I don't if Edyta left because of Maks, but I do seem to recall that they were once together. I also think that I heard, though, that Edyta married the dancer Alex that used to be on the show. I don't have any idea how to spell his last name but I think it's like Mazzo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV