Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 10:31 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,644,252 times

Advertisements

Maks was engaged to Karina Smirnoff - another dancer on the show who left a couple seasons ago. They've since split up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 10:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,277,220 times
Thanks, toos. I was just wondering about Karinana, Karina(?). I noticed the Smirnoff(sp) (I don't drink the stuff ) name was missing. I thought it was Edyta.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 AM

363 posts, read 584,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Maks was engaged to Karina Smirnoff - another dancer on the show who left a couple seasons ago. They've since split up.
That's correct...Maks and Karina were engaged. Also, Karina returned this season for a short while. She and The Situation got booted off....took his 6 pack and left the room>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Edyta is a great dancer, nice bod, not so nice facial features, IMO. Maybe she left because she never won? She got close but never a win.

Remember when Lacy first hit the show? She had some very unconventional moves that Len truly disliked but I really, really liked, just because they were different. Unfortuantely, she had to leave the unconventional moves out plus she turned blonde but things just haven't been the same. She and Kyle make a fun couple to watch.

Derek is wonderful, both in his dance moves and his choreography. Seems he gets too many of the possible winners and I think it's time he gets a Cloris-like person. It'd be interesting to see how he could get those old bones of a geriatric star to move.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:59 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,277,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
That's correct...Maks and Karina were engaged. Also, Karina returned this season for a short while. She and The Situation got booted off....took his 6 pack and left the room>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Edyta is a great dancer, nice bod, not so nice facial features, IMO. Maybe she left because she never won? She got close but never a win.

Remember when Lacy first hit the show? She had some very unconventional moves that Len truly disliked but I really, really liked, just because they were different. Unfortuantely, she had to leave the unconventional moves out plus she turned blonde but things just haven't been the same. She and Kyle make a fun couple to watch.

Derek is wonderful, both in his dance moves and his choreography. Seems he gets too many of the possible winners and I think it's time he gets a Cloris-like person. It'd be interesting to see how he could get those old bones of a geriatric star to move.

That's what I was thinking, Liondandy. That I had heard her name this season but not now. That was before I was watching every week. She was "The Situation"'s partner. Now I remember.

Yes, that would be good to see either Max or Derek get a geriatric partner and see just how well they do in that (pardon the pun) situation.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:01 AM

Oh that's right! Karina was The Situation's partner - totally didn't connect that when they were on.

Yeah, as much as I can't stand Maks' personality, I do think he and Derek have the most consistently good and interesting choreography. They're also nice to watch dancing. Louis comes up with some good stuff too - he and Tony both seem so nice personally - I really like how they treat their stars on camera - both are nurturing but still encourage the stars to push themselves.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, that would be good to see either Max or Derek get a geriatric partner and see just how well they do in that (pardon the pun) situation.
Forgiven

Old 11-13-2010, 01:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,242,166 times
Quote:
I don't see how these pros can NOT end up with surgery in their older years! Lordy, can you imagine doing splits in your 40's and up??
They way the turn/snap their hips at some point you know the bones have to start grinding against each other. I know from working in a factory standing on concrete twisting your body to get products off lines tore up a lot of knees & hips. Can't imagine with the dancer's daily practice schedules and especially the girls in those heels.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:04 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,217,453 times
Edyta had the HIGHEST Cost to Weight ratio on her costumes

I miss that

Old 11-13-2010, 02:28 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,109,727 times
I think i heard somewhere that DWTS was not taking Edyta's career in the direction she wanted it to go so she left. {I could be wrong.}

The show would be boring without Maks.......I am sure his antics bring in ratings. I know I like it when he misbehaves.......it spices things up. Plus he looks so good........especially his *ss.

I don't think his little tiff with Maryann meant anything.........he has had words with all of the judges at one time or another......it makes good TV..........I am sure the producers know that too........they won't get rid of Maks. But, Maks could leave for his own reasons. Didn't he sit out one season before?

Mark does nothing for me and he certainly isn't doing himself any favors with that convict haircut. He looks like such a goof.

I agree, a lot of them may end up with hip and knee replacements. Jane Fonda recently had a hip and knee replaced.

See.............all of that exercise can't be that good for ya! Whew.......I'm safe!

Old 11-13-2010, 02:41 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,568,835 times
Quote:
I think if Derek got an older 'star' to train, he would just use that person's strengths and incorporate it into the routines. Like if you see an older figure skater, they might not be able to do the big jumps anymore but they've finessed what they do, to take it to another level.

As far as Macks, I can't imagine him getting someone older! Who would be a good match for him? I mean, who could take his crap and give it right back to him? It might be worth it if it were the right person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV