Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 11:41 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,844,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
God bless Mark but.....a Bob Fosse number for Bristol, seriously? Especially since she said that she had never even heard of the musical "Chicago".

I found it so interesting that Jennifer's father, Joel Grey, had actually worked with Fosse on the film Cabaret (with Liza Minnelli) and her friend Melanie Griffith (who was in the audience) has played Roxie in "Chicago" on Broadway. And yet Ms Bristol had a flippant attitude and no clue just how iconic that number from "Chicago" is to A LOT of people.

And again she commented on the ever-present "haters"

On another note, I was also disappointed by Kyle and Lacey's freestyle dance. That performance was just like watching people dancing in the club. I am hoping that Jennifer and Derek win it. They deserve it!
she's a big ole country bumpkin and clueless about anything outside her world. She clomps around with that chip on her shoulder and if she would knock that off she might have been lighter on her feet.
Who the hell has never heard of "Chicago"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 12:35 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,071,686 times
Quote:
God bless Mark but.....a Bob Fosse number for Bristol, seriously? Especially since she said that she had never even heard of the musical "Chicago".

I found it so interesting that Jennifer's father, Joel Grey, had actually worked with Fosse on the film Cabaret (with Liza Minnelli) and her friend Melanie Griffith (who was in the audience) has played Roxie in "Chicago" on Broadway. And yet Ms Bristol had a flippant attitude and no clue just how iconic that number from "Chicago" is to A LOT of people.

On another note, I was also disappointed by Kyle and Lacey's freestyle dance. That performance was just like watching people dancing in the club. I am hoping that Jennifer and Derek win it. They deserve it!
I agree!!! I didn't really care for Kyle's freestyle. I thought it was very typical and he could've done something else. I would think the Situation would do a number like that. Just wasn't classy,plus I don't watch this show to see the latest moves from the club scene.

I am Team Jen ALL THE WAY!!!!! She has done a phenomenal job this entire season!!! I really enjoyed the freestyle--brought me back to her Dirty Dancing days. Some think she wines too much but I don't see it.... My hat goes off to Derek and Jen. If they lose then this whole DWTS is a joke!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 03:43 AM

363 posts, read 584,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I agree!!! I didn't really care for Kyle's freestyle. I thought it was very typical and he could've done something else. I would think the Situation would do a number like that. Just wasn't classy,plus I don't watch this show to see the latest moves from the club scene.

I am Team Jen ALL THE WAY!!!!! She has done a phenomenal job this entire season!!! I really enjoyed the freestyle--brought me back to her Dirty Dancing days. Some think she wines too much but I don't see it.... My hat goes off to Derek and Jen. If they lose then this whole DWTS is a joke!!!

That might be why you don't see Jennifer's whining.

Kyle's free style could have been much, much better but hey, it got a standing O from Len. When was the last time that happened?

Jennifer was picture perfect as usual. Of the 3, she is the better dancer. The cameras sure do like focusing in on Jaime Lee. Any moment, I figured she'd whip out an Activia .

If Bristol had started showing improvement starting back at week 3 or 4 and continued to improve, she might have improved to the scale of Jennifer or Brandy. She's very lackluster even when Bruno was trying to breath some life into her.

I started voting as soon as Kyle finished his first dance and didn't have any trouble getting through.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 AM

363 posts, read 584,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
If there's "a lot of haters out there" as Bristol said tonight why the heck is she still dancing? She whined
tonight just like her momma...

Bristol hasn't cornered the market on whining. If you've watched the show from the beginning, (and for some reason I don't think you have) you'd've seen plenty of whining. Filming the stars whining and moaning and groaning and complaining and in pain, is a part of it all.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:59 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,304,177 times
[quote=Liondandy;16756114]Bristol hasn't cornered the market on whining. If you've watched the show from the beginning, (and for some reason I don't think you have) you'd've seen plenty of whining. Filming the stars whining and moaning and groaning and complaining and in pain, is a part of it all.[/quote]

I recall seeing plenty of whining to go around this season too, as well as seasons before.

What I think is ridiculous is that I heard on the radio this morning that Bristol is receiving death threats, that is so outrageous, it is a tv show for goodness sake and people are this upset, geez.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,362,646 times
[quote=ajzjmsmom;16756454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
Bristol hasn't cornered the market on whining. If you've watched the show from the beginning, (and for some reason I don't think you have) you'd've seen plenty of whining. Filming the stars whining and moaning and groaning and complaining and in pain, is a part of it all.[/quote]

I recall seeing plenty of whining to go around this season too, as well as seasons before.

What I think is ridiculous is that I heard on the radio this morning that Bristol is receiving death threats, that is so outrageous, it is a tv show for goodness sake and people are this upset, geez.

You wanna see upset people go checkout the DWTS Facebook page...
There actually is an online "bumper sticker" thing that says "A Vote for Bristol is a vote for America!" Oh give me a break.....

As someone else there pointed out, it's revealing that Bristol thinks the people who PREFER SOMEONE ELSE are "haters." I don't want HER to win, no -- but that doesn't mean I "hate" her!! Geez. I will be glad to see this crazy season over...right after they crown Queen Bristol. I just don't see that this is going to turn out any other way -- as I said before, the Jennifer/Kyle votes will cancel each other out and Bristol will win.
Undeservedly, but she will. And there you have it....

Old 11-23-2010, 07:50 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,646,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Well, no offense, but that show is what this thread is about. If it seems like everyone else in here cares about the show, that might have something to do with it!

Quote:

With ya on all these points! What a bizarre choice. Although, she did better than I expected her to with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
The cameras sure do like focusing in on Jaime Lee. Any moment, I figured she'd whip out an Activia .

Time out for my weekly Jen complaint...

She was talking to Brooke and said something like: "that song was for Patrick and me." Then her eyes flickered as she thought that over and changed it to "Patrick and I" (dragging out the Iiiii to emphasize the, ahem, correction) Erm - she had it right the first time I know a lot of people have trouble with that basic rule but it's so absurd when someone bothers to 'correct' themselves by substituting the wrong form just because she thinks it sounds classier or more educated to say I instead of me.

Positive Jen note to balance things out some...her daughter is adorable and such a fan

Old 11-23-2010, 08:05 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,304,177 times
[quote=catfancier;16757195]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post

You wanna see upset people go checkout the DWTS Facebook page...
There actually is an online "bumper sticker" thing that says "A Vote for Bristol is a vote for America!" Oh give me a break.....

As someone else there pointed out, it's revealing that Bristol thinks the people who PREFER SOMEONE ELSE are "haters." I don't want HER to win, no -- but that doesn't mean I "hate" her!! Geez. I will be glad to see this crazy season over...right after they crown Queen Bristol. I just don't see that this is going to turn out any other way -- as I said before, the Jennifer/Kyle votes will cancel each other out and Bristol will win.
Undeservedly, but she will. And there you have it....
No thanks, what I read on here is enough for me, you know if the safety of the nation depended on this vote or it was going to prevent war, then okay people get upset, but it is just a tv show and some ugly trophy as the prize. This seasons show sure is drawing some wacked out comments though.

Don't get me wrong I am not a Bristol fan but seriously some people are just to extreme.

What would be interesting to see, would be some of the same people who are so up in arms about this, get upset about the state of our country and make alot of noise about it, instead of wasting their energy on something they can't change.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:08 AM

9,056 posts, read 20,471,244 times
Wife and I watched it last night and Jen & Derek were FANTASTIC!! Bristol and Kyle were "ok", but obviously not even close to how Jen & Derek done. As far as Bristol goes.......well, nope, not going there again. As far as Bristol's mom goes, she is a very popular lady and has a big fan base......people like her and people don't. As far as Kyle goes........well, another "not going there again"!
Can only imagine how Jen will feel if that trophy is given to her! Her and Derek definitely deserve it though!!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:11 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,429,506 times
Palin is only gotten as far as she has thru the phone in votes. Tea baggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV