Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 01:48 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,613,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Why are people insulting Bristol for her weight? It is people like that , that has young girls sticking their finger down their throat to look a certain way.

Bristol is not fat or big or a cow that I have seen some call her.

Jesus Christ there is some very hateful people in this world.

Bristol is not fat. But in "the industry" she is comparatively heavy.

She is an attractive young woman but would probably need to loss weight to get "Hollywood" jobs.

And I will say this again. I think that most of us who happen to not be fans of her mom were not judging Bristol because of her mom. We were open to getting to know Bristol.

Then her mom felt the need to constantly inject herself into the competition (as if she's the one dancing....the conceit is off the charts with that woman) I will say that I always say the other contestants giving Bristol support (I actually noticed Brandy making an effort and reaching out to Bristol after performances when they go backstage to chat with Brooke)

It may not be Bristol's 'fault' that her mother's rabid minions have mobilized their 'agenda' but she needs to at least be honest with herself about the enormous public outcry of her continuing on in this competition well beyond her "talent" - humility would be the order of the day for her....but no...she has started to show another (less flattering) side to herself.

Bristol Palin Defends Willow Palin, Sort of Apologizes For Gay Slur - The Hollywood Gossip

Bristol Palin: 'Haters Are Fueling My Fire' on Dancing with the Stars (video) - National Dancing With the Stars | Examiner.com

Bristol Palin Addresses Her Haters - Bristol Palin)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 02:05 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,875,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Was thinking the same thing. She's not skinny, but she's no cow either.
I think she looks healthy as apposed to being so thin she looks ill.

Wanna bet most calling her fat is a bit over weight themselves

Old 11-18-2010, 02:13 PM

93 posts, read 164,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Bristol is not fat. But in "the industry" she is comparatively heavy.

She is an attractive young woman but would probably need to loss weight to get "Hollywood" jobs.

And I will say this again. I think that most of us who happen to not be fans of her mom were not judging Bristol because of her mom. We were open to getting to know Bristol.

Then her mom felt the need to constantly inject herself into the competition (as if she's the one dancing....the conceit is off the charts with that woman) I will say that I always say the other contestants giving Bristol support (I actually noticed Brandy making an effort and reaching out to Bristol after performances when they go backstage to chat with Brooke)

It may not be Bristol's 'fault' that her mother's rabid minions have mobilized their 'agenda' but she needs to at least be honest with herself about the enormous public outcry of her continuing on in this competition well beyond her "talent" - humility would be the order of the day for her....but no...she has started to show another (less flattering) side to herself.

Bristol Palin Defends Willow Palin, Sort of Apologizes For Gay Slur - The Hollywood Gossip

Bristol Palin: 'Haters Are Fueling My Fire' on Dancing with the Stars (video) - National Dancing With the Stars | Examiner.com

Bristol Palin Addresses Her Haters - Bristol Palin)
It must not be an 'enormous public outcry' if she continues to get votes. What exactly do you expect her to do in this situation? Say yes, I'm not that good and walk away from the show? She would get killed 100 times worse than now.

Another thing to bring up is this whole idea of bringing politics into the show. While I agree that 'politics' plays a part in this, I think those that are anti-bristol are just as guilty of 'politicizing' than her supporters. Let's be real, a few seasons ago Marie Osmond made it to the final and the noise level wasn't even half of what it is for Bristol. If I remember correctly, that lady wasn't a great dancer either, nor was she the skinniest person around and I wasn't seeing posts like 'free willy' and 'cow'. I'm not a Bristol fan, or even a Republican, but it's amazing what the anonymous nature of the internet will make people post anything. Usually the ones doing the insulting are the last thing from perfect themselves.

If her last name wasn't Palin, you wouldn't crying about it half as much as you are. In fact, I bet half the people going crazy over this would actually support her since she is a 'non-celebrity'.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:52 PM

2,747 posts, read 466,139 times
So, back to DWTS, does anyone remember Derek's sister, Julianne? I just heard that she has a part in that new movie, Burlesque. Does anyone know if it's an acting, dancing role or is she just a background dancer? She was my other favorite dancer on the show and I hated when she left. I keep hoping she'll miss the show and come back. I also hear she's dating Ryan Seacrest, now.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,613,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwdswmn View Post
So, back to DWTS, does anyone remember Derek's sister, Julianne? I just heard that she has a part in that new movie, Burlesque. Does anyone know if it's an acting, dancing role or is she just a background dancer? She was my other favorite dancer on the show and I hated when she left. I keep hoping she'll miss the show and come back. I also hear she's dating Ryan Seacrest, now.
Yep, Julianne is in the film! Not sure if she is just dancing but I can't wait to see that film.

I hope that she has moved on from DWTS...sometimes the professionals outgrow that grind (just as I think Maks has after this season)

By the way...this is what she has to say about the Brandy elimination....

Whoa: Julianne Hough Trashes Bristol Palin, Talks ‘Burlesque’ (http://chicagoindiepress.com/423/national/whoa-julianne-hough-trashes-bristol-palin-talks-burlesque/ - broken link)

Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 PM

734 posts, read 1,052,941 times
Bristol has clearly been the best dancer on the show. People can't deny she has the most talent and charisma of all the contestants. People just can't accept the fact the Palin family will be in the White House someday and they try to belittle the family by attacking Bristol. Bristol is a winner though and will prove it by winning the competition.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:23 PM

93 posts, read 164,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
absolutely!

Kelly transformed from a duck to a swan during the competition. She progressively got better and better and better. The entire show has changed her life for the better.

You aren't comparing Bristol to either of those ladies.............are you?

Any comparisons being made to Bristol need to be restricted to Kate Gosselin or Margaret Cho or Cloris Leachman; someone along those lines. Bristol is not close to being on the level of Marie or Kelly.

And to my knowledge there has never been such a controversy in the voting. I feel that will be changed IF this show ever comes back on. No need to continue debating it. Aren't you the person who said it's ok to stuff the ballot box? nuff said.
How do you explain the judges scores then? She's not getting 5's like those you listed? Or are they on the take as well?

Old 11-18-2010, 11:19 PM

664 posts, read 860,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippyskiddles View Post
learning dance steps is one thing; executing them like a bull in a china shop is quite another.
Do you honestly think that girl can dance?
Jennifer grey was not a dancer. She learned some dance moves in a movie over 20+ years ago. She is now 50 years old.
Some people have dance ability and some don't.
Bristol and kate gosselin are one and the same-to me. Neither can move with the grace and rhythm required which enables one to be called a dancer.
This entire season is a disgrace and those involved should be very ashamed.

lmaooooooooooooooo

Old 11-19-2010, 04:33 AM

363 posts, read 584,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Bristol has clearly been the best dancer on the show. People can't deny she has the most talent and charisma of all the contestants. People just can't accept the fact the Palin family will be in the White House someday and they try to belittle the family by attacking Bristol. Bristol is a winner though and will prove it by winning the competition.

I don't think you're watching the same show as me and everyone else. And yes, people can deny she has the most talent and charisma of all the contestants. The young lady can not dance as well as Brandy, Kyle and Jennifer.

The winner of DWTS will be revealed on Tuesday and after all this hoopla, it'll have the highest ratings yet and ABC will still be laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:37 AM

9,057 posts, read 20,495,169 times
Bristol is NOT fat......just "pleasingly plump" and nothing wrong with that! She is a fairly good dancer, but due to a little excess weight, not so good in the rhythm end of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV