Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 10:51 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,613,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
What is unethical about voting 300 times for the one you like whether it is Jennifer, Bristol or Kyle. It is allowed if you want to waste time doing that. I don't have time to sit on the phone but I do watch the show.

Obviously the person (and/or people) who are sitting around and looking for ways to "boost" their support for a particular contestant knows that...

1) The person obviously requires those artifcial voting boosts to actually stay in the competition

2) The unethical voter must go well above and beyond the average number of votes being placed for the other contestants - extreme measures must be undertaken to do this....100 votes for Bristol vs 1-5 votes for the other contestants by a given individual voter

3) Their supported contestant requires ALL of this because they are not good enough to get the votes to stay in the competition without the shenanigans

ETA: I think that the average DWTS watcher did not have truly negative feelings about Bristol Palin before all of the hoopla. Her mother yes...but Bristol no. Also, I believe that because of the underhanded tactics used to keep her on the show (and Bristol's attitude about the obvious unfairness) has lead to a bad taste in the mouth of many who watch the show for good wholesome entertainment.

BTW her smile in this picture after placing in the finals says it all.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Im-final.html

She's clueless to the fact that a hollow victory means that she will be back in Wasilla (to stay) about two weeks after DWTS is over. The whole "Palin episode" is so distasteful and lacking in good sportsmanship.

Last edited by calipoppy; 11-18-2010 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,856,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Honestly can any or (most) of us dance as well as Bristol is right now. I know I can't. There is a learning curve and physical endurance involved. Maybe she isn't the best but to say she can't dance is rediculous.
raises my hand and says,"oh hell yea I can!!!"
And I will also say Bristol cannot dance. She just can't. Can't.Can't. Can't.
And ridiculous is spelled the way I just spelled it for you.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,169,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
raises my hand and says,"oh hell yea I can!!!"
And I will also say Bristol cannot dance. She just can't. Can't.Can't. Can't.
And ridiculous is spelled the way I just spelled it for you.
I SO agree. She is horribly stiff, has no rhythm,just basically up there going through the motions. She looks like a big doll that her partner is pushing around the floor. Embarrassing to watch.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I SO agree. She is horribly stiff, has no rhythm,just basically up there going through the motions. She looks like a big doll that her partner is pushing around the floor. Embarrassing to watch.
it's actually painful to watch. Here I was feeling sorry for her- that she's such a clumsy, goofy big ole thang and wishing her hell would end soon because of course I thought she would be voted off sooner than later.............

Old 11-18-2010, 12:16 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,875,259 times
Why are people insulting Bristol for her weight? It is people like that , that has young girls sticking their finger down their throat to look a certain way.

Bristol is not fat or big or a cow that I have seen some call her.

Jesus Christ there is some very hateful people in this world.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:29 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,594,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Why are people insulting Bristol for her weight? It is people like that , that has young girls sticking their finger down their throat to look a certain way.

Was thinking the same thing. She's not skinny, but she's no cow either.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
definitely not skinny

Old 11-18-2010, 12:42 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,845,826 times
If Bristol is a whale, Lord help the rest of us!

Courtney

Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM

4,262 posts, read 9,310,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

There are some very hateful people in this world, haven't figured how why they feel the need to be that way.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:46 PM

18,542 posts, read 31,826,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

Yes, I agree, I think what is making Bristol look bigger is that Mark is not a big guy. He is thin and lean, and short (not that there is anything wrong with that) and honestly, they do not look good together.
She is big boned compared to him, which you can also say he is small boned.

I think this is why everyone is calling her a "fat cow".....because she really isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV