Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM

107 posts, read 240,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
It's all tongue-in-cheek. Since I don't post much, and a lot of posting has happened recently, you've missed my earlier comments about weight loss.

People expected Bristol to lose her baby fat yet very few mention weight loss by Kyle. Double standards...Women are supposed to be trim and skinny while it's OK for men to be fat and sloppy. Just my opinion, of course.

So, do you think ABC should admit there might have been a voting problem and allow all 4 contestants compete in the finals?
I neither expected nor watched for weight loss from either of them - it's a non issue to me. I value much more the entertainment and performance value they bring each Monday.

I don't think ABC will admit to anything, instead they'll pooh-pooh the notion of any underhanded shenanigans. But the links to the conservatives4Palin websites and their instructions on how to vote 300+ times should raise a few eyebrows. I'm more curious to learn how Sarah Palin will handle the gay slurs her 16 yr. old Willow made either last night or this morning on someone's Facebook page (a person who didn't like that Brandy left and Bristol didn't).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,664,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
Gobsmacked!! Absolutely gobsmacked.

Can not believe Brandy was voted off before Bristol. If the phone system was problematic, as some of you claim, then wouldn't it be best for ABC to admit there was a phone/voting problem and have all four stars in the finals?

For those of you who are saying Bristol should bow out gracefully, just how is she supposed to do that? Tongues would be wagging about how she's a quitter, just like her mother. The only way Bristol could keep from being in the position she's now in was to decline ABC's offer to do the show in the first place. But who is fool enough to turn down all that money?

I do not want Jennifer to win, however, of the remaining contestants, she is the best dancer. And don't forget, Derek has his own fan base.

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle....still hasn't lost any weight and Lacey looks horrible as a blonde. I'd rather they win over Jennifer and Derek.

ABC got just what they wanted....controversary and ratings. No different from having Kate Gosselin on last season....pique courioisty and increase ratings. It's a ratings game, don't you know.
I was thinking the same thing. I do not like lacey in Blonde, it is not flattering to her at all.

Yes, and whats up with Kyle not toning down, I thought all the dancers lost some sort of weight after dancing all that time, hell, I was going to start dancing to make my little belly even smaller....eek !!!

Old 11-17-2010, 09:18 AM

363 posts, read 583,523 times
As hard as Kyle has been dancing, he should've toned down somewhat. He is by far a much better dancer than Bristol and he's fun to watch.

Of the 3 remaining contestants, Kyle and Lacey have my votes. Jennifer is too whiney, Bristol can't dance, Derek has won too many times and should have next season's geriactric contestant and Mark, well, Mark is too kissy face.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:01 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,106,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Let me guess....teabaggers found a way to keep free Willey on the show. This is getting ridiculous.
Okay I just spit out my pop over this one !!! too funny . thanks for the laughs ..

Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 AM

8,966 posts, read 20,391,085 times
Now that's not a nice thing to say!! Just WHO are you calling "free Willey?". One thing for sure, not all the celebrities can get a "Hottee" body thru dancing! Wife and I were absolutely SHOCKED that Brandy got voted off, but Bristol could win and her mom could become "el Presidente' (Spanish for "the President"!! Boy wouldn't we all love both of those things to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Let me guess....teabaggers found a way to keep free Willey on the show. This is getting ridiculous.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 AM

2,747 posts, read 465,500 times
I don't know much about politics, so all these posts about tea parties and such don't mean a lot to me. I watch DWTS for the pure entertainment of seeing people dance. I find the dancing very relaxing and enjoy watching something I wish I was able to do. While I've said in previous posts how unfair I think this whole Bristol situation is, there have been instances in the past when others have been voted off before their time. I think ABC is getting just what they want and need. High ratings. Look how many people are so very vested in this whole competition they watch just to see if it will go as they expect or if there will be more surprises or upsets. Still like the show and will probably keep watching as I just enjoy it for the pure entertainment value.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 AM

36,441 posts, read 16,043,304 times
I loved Annie Lennox last night, that was the best entertainment

Old 11-17-2010, 12:32 PM

2,747 posts, read 465,500 times
I didn't know who Annie Lennox was by name. My sister was watching with me and filled me in that she was from the Eurythmics. Now, them i remember (Sweet Dreams). She didn't sound the same but not to bad!

Old 11-17-2010, 12:38 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,664,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwdswmn View Post
I didn't know who Annie Lennox was by name. My sister was watching with me and filled me in that she was from the Eurythmics. Now, them i remember (Sweet Dreams). She didn't sound the same but not to bad!
hated eurthymics, glad I missed her.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:03 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,603,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I loved Annie Lennox last night, that was the best entertainment
Agreed! I was so surprised to see her there - love Annie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV