Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 08:33 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,258,050 times

Advertisements

I personally do not think that at 20 years of age, Bristol HAS any politics....I also dont believe that Sarah had anything to do with this.....[she ain't smart nuff donchaknow]

The fact remains that BRISTOL CAINT DANCE. Period end of story.

The skewed voting was, as a result of low life slime balls that enjoy f'n up the system just because they don't have a life. Happened with Sanjaya, Happened with Boxcar Krate, Happened with Master whatever his initial was, happened with Cloris....and it will continue happening....and I will continue mouthing off about it....THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT POLITICAL.

As far as Skating with the unknowns... WHAT a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 11:32 AM

2,747 posts, read 466,165 times
No politics involved, Bristol just can't dance. The next morning they were on GMA and she could barely follow Mark. The host Robin who on the spot practiced with Maks for like 10 minutes did better than Bristol, who had the whole season to improve. I get the impression that she just has no natural rhythm. As in past shows, people got voted off before their time was really due, while other ones stayed due to fan base. I have to give her credit for maintaining stoicism while all the controversy over this was going on around her.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:34 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,258,050 times
I do give her credit for that.....with the exception of her little tirads re: "Haters"....but she held her own under the criticism

Old 11-26-2010, 01:36 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,574,189 times
I don't hate Bristol, in fact I admire her courage in taking the flak she has had to take because of her mother's politics. What I have a problem with is that when I see I dance competition I want to see the best dancers win. I really believe that Bristol would have been eliminated long before if the judges had been real dance judges instead of the audience.

With all due respect to Bristol's efforts, this wound up to be more a popularity contest than a "best dancer" contest. Not really a true competition.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:52 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,388,584 times
I am kind of glad the season is over. I can finally catch up on other things, like housework and reading. Looking forward to next season. Hopefully there will be more real stars, not pretend stars or "I'm-famous-cause-my-Mom-was-governor-of-alaska-and-vice-president-wannabe."
Think how famous I could be if one of my brother's decides to run for president in the next election.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:33 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,857,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Hey, they had Tucker Carlson, Tom DeLay, Jerry Springer - all politicians or commentators on the subject. I did not see such a problem with them, which leads me to believe this is about more than mere politics, maybe hubris and hypocrisy?

Whatever the reason, there is something odd about this particular politician that attracts comment. I would not censor all or any of them.

Please remember, politics was not an issue at all in the forum until the voting became unfair because of that very reason.
well--duh! No more politics. They aren't stars or celebrities.
In addition-none of those you mentioned kept getting swept along by skewed votes and none of them could dance either. Palin's kid fits into the category of one of the worst "dancers" ever on the show.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:38 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,997,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
omg.........I am so glad this horrible season of DWTS is over.
Think we may need clarification on what the term "star" means though.
NO MORE POLITICS on this show!! Please. No politician(or their offspring) is a star.
I wish the same thing

Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,997,712 times
Whew ! I'm so glad Jennifer won

I've enjoyed some of the post's here, I mentioned a while ago I really do not watch this show but it was brought to my attention so I watched it for that reason and I'm glad the ending was fair.

I know some post's were deleted (mine too) but we all expressed what we felt.

It was fun being here as Bette Davis somehow put it

"Fasten your seat beats were in for a bumpy ride"

I'll miss you guys and laughs and hope none of this on DWTS happens again next season.

Thanks for the rep's

I'm back to my DVD rentals, BBC, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Six feet Under and Dexter.

I hope some of your get your Deer (hunting season here now)

Now its Christmas we got to think about gifts and shopping , I think I'd rather watch DWTS again rather than shop.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:51 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,345,291 times
Yeowza!

I've been away from my computer since before Jennifer won. Just going to let the "regs" know I was shocked. But happy for her. (Totally thought the call-in votes would give Bristol the win.) In the end, though, I realised I really wanted Kyle to win.

Carry on.....

Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,127,938 times
I am just glad Jen won. All is right in my world.

Now, just a note..........there was a thread in Politcs about the Bristol fiasco, the moderator over there closed the thread because they said there was already a thread about Bristol here in the TV section.

So, the policical people came over here. Not the fault of the posters.

If the thread in the Politics section would have remained open, there wouldn't have been a problem over here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV