Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 04:55 PM

7 posts, read 37,623 times

Advertisements

Bring Back Metro Matt and Mark Senior Development News & Analysis. Heck Dee had some faults, but at least was a conversation starter!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 01:11 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
Yeah, I did wonder what happened to Dee. I suppose HE/SHE got tired. Once I thought they were banned, I certainly could be wrong on that.

But not much new Development going on in Tyler, that we haven't reported earlier. It will be interesting, to me, what the next five or so years looks like for Tyler. The voters seem to be happy with the lowest city property tax rate, in spite of weak job creation now or little for the future. Out going mayor Bass told me that the city officials thought the revenue generated by sales taxes from the new retail stores being built would "carry" the city. I'm curious to see how long that works.

I know for certain no city official would commit political suicide by even mentioning a slight even the slightest tax increase for job creation. After it is totally obvious, Tyler is stagnant at best, citizens may agree by voting to a tax increase for jobs. Oh, well, so not much to talk about "construction wise"

Old 05-31-2015, 07:13 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Wow, I sure wouldn't call Tyler's growth rate or amenities "stagnant" - can you elaborate? How do you reach this conclusion?

Old 05-31-2015, 04:09 PM

Growth per census bureau July 1, 2012 to July 1, 2013, 800 increase, July 1, 2013, July 2014 1,000 increase. Growth, Hispanic births over total deaths. Just the truth, sorry. I know, I know...

Oh, Texas State Data Center new figures for July 1, 2013, to January 1, 2014 have Tyler LOSING 500 population. The Tyler City Leaders, Council and all concerned to night support job growth, as I've said before, having the lowest city property tax rate, is the horse they are going to ride as long as possible. Like I said the beer and wine sales tax revenue is responsible for sales tax growth over the last year, as I said, out going city mayor, Bass, said officials expect increase of retail sales, from new retail stores/shops to carry the city. I'm not so sure this is a bad "deal" we can't handle the traffic we have anyway. So, just not much new stuff to brag about. Hey, Tyler is still a great place to live. Just not boom,boom town, lol.

Last edited by Mark Senior; 05-31-2015 at 04:23 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Growth per census bureau July 1, 2012 to July 1, 2013, 800 increase, July 1, 2013, July 2014 1,000 increase. Growth, Hispanic births over total deaths. Just the truth, sorry. I know, I know...

Oh, Texas State Data Center new figures for July 1, 2013, to January 1, 2014 have Tyler LOSING 500 population. The Tyler City Leaders, Council and all concerned to night support job growth, as I've said before, having the lowest city property tax rate, is the horse they are going to ride as long as possible. Like I said, the beer and wine sales tax revenue is responsible for sales tax growth over the last year, as I said, out going city mayor, Bass said, officials expect increase of retail sales, from new retail stores/shops, to carry the city. I'm not so sure this is a bad "deal" we can't handle the traffic we have anyway. So, just not much new stuff to brag about. Hey, Tyler is still a great place to live. Just not boom,boom town, lol.

Opps just reread this:

Council and all concerned do not support job growth, I meant, it is not a priority now, how many years will this continue?

Old 06-03-2015, 02:24 PM

Not too sure why my posts got deleted but I just came across this. Pretty interesting.

http://venuepropertiesportal.com/upl...al_2.25.13.pdf

Old 06-03-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrh903 View Post
Not too sure why my posts got deleted but I just came across this. Pretty interesting.

http://venuepropertiesportal.com/upl...al_2.25.13.pdf
I did notice the date on the paperwork. Early 2013. I've never seen anything anyplace else. Planning in Zoning Request, which I think, would have been the next step. Sooooo, most likely this was a pipe dream only.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:55 PM

Southtown Center is already in phase 1 of development - Tyler Morning Telegraph - Building Permits 4-13

Sword/Waldie Properties, in cooperation with Venue Properties (owner is Gary Halbrooks who is mentioned in the building permit link above), is developing Southtown Center, of which will encompass the area from grande down to red barn square and west to Mud Creek/future rose rudman expansion. Also, the W E Sword building is doing to be redeveloped. If you look at the plats online with the smith county tax assessor a office, you will see that Sword/Waldie Properties owns all of the property where the plans are for the development. May not be the exact development as the market research report I listed, but the same concept.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrh903 View Post
Southtown Center is already in phase 1 of development - Tyler Morning Telegraph - Building Permits 4-13

Sword/Waldie Properties, in cooperation with Venue Properties (owner is Gary Halbrooks who is mentioned in the building permit link above), is developing Southtown Center, of which will encompass the area from grande down to red barn square and west to Mud Creek/future rose rudman expansion. Also, the W E Sword building is doing to be redeveloped. If you look at the plats online with the smith county tax assessor a office, you will see that Sword/Waldie Properties owns all of the property where the plans are for the development. May not be the exact development as the market research report I listed, but the same concept.

Okay, I was just talking about the project you posted for South Broadway and West Grande? Nothing going on there. Except replacing the car wash. Yes, the restaurant on near the Southeast Corner of Broadway and East Grande.They just took down the orange/red "wire" type fencing for the office development at Holy Tree and Grande. I rather see the golf course lake anyway. I did see the appeal for a zoning change on that property at one of the planning and zoning meetings shown on the cable. Appeal was denied, so I guess they decided not to build or at least postpone. Southtown is farther down South Broadway than the intersection of W. Grande. Oh well.

Maybe you saw the plans on East Grande where they clear cut on the southside of East Grande near Copeland Road intersection, I did miss the plans for that if they have been announced. Just clear cutting ALL the trees.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:14 PM

I'm pretty lazy these days. So unless there is a huge development announced I don't bother to post.
This is just a few of the small stuff added being added.

1) The East Grande Copeland Road development is to be town homes, sales rental? Infrastructure work still in progress. I called the bank supplying the financing, not noted anything in new or paper.

2) Office building corner of Broadway and Grande. Office plus, Grub Burger Bar, small chain upscale, building one in Plano, one in Corpus and a couple of other cities, as well as a few in Penn.,Florida, Cali, I think.

3) Two new Neighborhood Walmart's opening next month. Old Jacksonville Highway, Frankston Highway.

4) Walmart Super Center still planned on East Loop

5) New Japanese Resturant, opened East Grande and Broadway.

6) More restaurants/fast food finished in front of Target on South Broadway.

7) This is pretty major, new hospital corner of South Broadway and Cumberland Road has begun construction

8) Panda Express just opened South Broadway

9) New Sonoma Grill near Jul's Old Jacksonville highway, something else there too

10) Three Z Asian Grill South Broadway

11) New Michael's corner Old Bullard Road and Chimney Rock

12) New strip center, corner of Old Bullard Road and Loop being cleared now.

13) New Jucies, Taco Bell, Sonic, McDonald, built on Old Jacksonville since last update. More, that I have forgotten, lol

14) New Aldi being built on West Loop and Front.

15) Three new Emergency Centers opened or being opened, Old Jacksonville Highway, Loop and Troop, South of Grande on Broadway.

16) ETMC to open emergency care centers in Bullard and Lindale next month, pretty much Tyler, too

17) Major, for Tyler at least 300-400 jobs new

18) Tai Mahal Restaurant South Broadway

19) Villaggio del Vino, upscale Italian valet parking etc Old Bullard Road

20) Kabob Lounge, lol, Shiloh

21) Rounders Pizza, Loop and Kinsey

22) Zoes Kitchen, Cumberland Park Shops

23) Abuelo's Cumberland Park Shops

24) Gusano's Chicago Style Pizza Old Jacksonville Highway

25) A big project for Tyler - Fresenius Medical Care Dialysis to start construction this year, corner of West Loop and Earl Campbell Parkway, near Suddenlink Cable - Germany based 300-400 jobs to start with.

I'm sure I've forgotten more, maybe even some larger stuff, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler