Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 07:40 PM

377 posts, read 589,907 times

Advertisements

They're all going home for the holiday. Not over though.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:41 PM

103 posts, read 188,306 times
I know several people that have turned down work because they were receiving benefits. To them I say "party's over". Good Luck to everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutz1012 View Post
The Gov. of WV is in no rush to fill Byrd's seat as it has been stated on the news and this article.

Robert Byrd replacement not immediate concern for W. Va. Gov - CSMonitor.com
They're going to wait until the services. That article says next week they'll start looking.

Robert Byrd successor won't be named for awhile. West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin won't start a search until next week.

407 posts, read 661,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutz1012 View Post
The Gov. of WV is in no rush to fill Byrd's seat as it has been stated on the news and this article.

Robert Byrd replacement not immediate concern for W. Va. Gov - CSMonitor.com
That is pretty much B.S. I am sure he will wait until after the funeral... maybe til the end of next week since Congress will be on vacation...
but there is no doubt that he allready knows his pick! And most likely knew since when Sen. Byrd first took a turn for the worst!

These things are always thought out ahead of time, but out of respect for the Byrd family, he wants the focuse in WV to be on Byrd--- NOT the replacement.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:42 PM

600 posts, read 1,075,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronethanh View Post
My only concern about a 2 month extension is that 2months down the road when the economy is STILL in the crapper, we will be going through this again just like we went through this the last few extensions. I honestly don't understand the 1-2 months extension scraps that they're feeding us knowing full damn well the economy won't make a turn for the better anytime this year.
Probably to try and "appease" people while they further debate it.

Well, I'm writing up my nasty gram now and will be sending it to all Senators tonight. Tomorrow, the phone calls begin.

169 posts, read 275,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrox311 View Post
The way he's acting, I think he's already retired.......at least his mind is.

Have you been watching this?

It's like a circus, without the elephants and ring girls. The biggest clown is Reid.
its almost to sad to watch....while people are suffering these clowns are playing with their lives...i have nothing to lose or gain at this point but for so many others they deserve what i got and more if its needed...how dare our government turn their backs on so many people...ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WANT US TO CELEBRATE 4th OF JULY........

27 posts, read 37,898 times
Now we know why Reid called for the cloture vote today. So they could vote, fail, and then adjorn early. At least they will probably have the votes when they get back on the 12th.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 PM

600 posts, read 1,075,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwira View Post
I know several people that have turned down work because they were receiving benefits. To them I say "party's over". Good Luck to everyone else.
WOW!!!! That's just dumb.

With jobs as scarce as they are, people should be jumping at whatever comes open.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 PM

162 posts, read 313,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwira View Post
i know several people that have turned down work because they were receiving benefits. To them i say "party's over". Good luck to everyone else.

diafah

Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadianton View Post
Now we know why Reid called for the cloture vote today. So they could vote, fail, and then adjorn early. At least they will probably have the votes when they get back on the 12th.
If Reid didn't think he had a good chance of passing it his way, he wouldn't have pushed this until after their vacation.

I was just hoping he would do the right thing. But might as well wait to do it his way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment