Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
during this economy.

I cannot take anymore bad luck. I had a temp position back in September which lasted about a month and then it ended which was my fault I will admit to that. However, I don't ever recall having so much bad luck with finding and keeping a job ever in my whole life.

Recently, I found another temp job, and they just ended it because I left work on time(6pm) and didn't show them the work that I did for the day. Mind you, my manager never told me that I had to hand her my work at the ending of every shift. They tell me this a week later. Why didn't they tell me this on the first day that I was hired. Now I have no job because I left work at 6pm when I was scheduled to leave.

I'm having so much bad luck for whatever reason. I can't take it anymore. I'm not trying to feel sorry for myself, but I have bills to pay and I don't understand this. I feel like my problem is that I need to find a permanent job and not to take on anymore temp jobs, since they can just up and fire you for anything at anytime. In this economy, temp jobs are the only jobs that I can find so I'm desperatley taking any job, but losing them as fast as I'm finding them.

Anyone else experiencing this?
The issue is that Temp-to-hire places are great for expanding your work experience. However, the issue is that they sign a contract with a company to take a percentage of your pay that could have went toward your income, 401K, or health insurance. While the regular worker are making $22.00 your in agreement to make $10.00 and/or $12.00 an hour.
Furthermore, they are companies who do not want to pay for PTO, vacation time, and more so they will come up with any excuse to fire you in order not to honor the 90 day survival game.
It's a matter of greed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment