Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:33 AM

9 posts, read 49,688 times

Advertisements

***LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA***

Well, today I got the dreaded letter entitled: NOTICE OF EXHAUSTED UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. I knew I couldn't collect benefits forever but I was surprised since I had only collected through Tier 2. I was under the impression that if you qualified for Tier 1 and Tier 2, you automatically moved on to Tiers 3 and 4. To make matters more confusing I also got a Continued Claims form in the mail today. Should I even bother to turn it in or should I assume that it was sent out in error?

Thanks in advance for any response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 01:18 AM

241 posts, read 1,020,092 times
I don't know maybe u got that letter to inform you that tier has ended.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:01 AM

330 posts, read 1,456,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxim888 View Post

Well, today I got the dreaded letter entitled: NOTICE OF EXHAUSTED UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. I knew I couldn't collect benefits forever but I was surprised since I had only collected through Tier 2. I was under the impression that if you qualified for Tier 1 and Tier 2, you automatically moved on to Tiers 3 and 4. To make matters more confusing I also got a Continued Claims form in the mail today. Should I even bother to turn it in or should I assume that it was sent out in error?

Sometimes you will get that letter and if you qualify for another extension they will file it for you.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:

Don't believe everything you read. If you are eligible for Tiers 1 and 2, you are also eligible for Tiers 3 and 4. EUC benefit payments end 12/29/2012, unless Congress extends the legislation. Continue to claim.

See FAQS: //www.city-data.com/forum/25250900-post6.html

Old 08-28-2012, 04:54 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I will go ahead and turn in the continued claim form. Should I expect to receive an awards letter with the amount I'll be receiving for Tier 3 before I get any benefits?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,394,577 times
Are you at the end of the tier?

It is my understanding that CA sends the letter at the end of each tier. It then will "certify" you for the next Tier and if you qualify, your benefits continue. As you were on 2, you are qualified for 3 and 4...is it possible this was merely the letter stating you were done with Tier 2?

Email EDD. They are actually pretty good with replying...just keep it simple. They do NOT handle difficult questions all that well. So, I would email and ask "Am I automatically placed on Tier 3" or something like that.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,982 times
Quote:

I also got the same 2 letters under the same circumstances. Please keep us up to date on the outcome. Appreciate it.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 AM

1) Yes, thebunny, I'm at the end of my second tier. The letter didn't say anything about a tier ending, it stated, "According to our records, you have now collected all of the unemployment benefits currently available to you.....Therefore, unemployed workers who have collected all benefits available to them do not have any further payable weeks to claim." I guess if I've ended Tier 2 but not yet been approved for Tier 3 then I don't currently have any funds available to me? Or at least that's what I'm hoping they mean, haha.
I'll wait another couple days to see if I receive an awards letter for Tier 3. If I don't get anything then I'll email them.

2) apadisc, did you end up moving on to the next tier even though you received the letter? thebunny said that it was her understanding that CA sent out the letter at the end of each tier but this is my first time getting it so I freaked out a little. I'll definitely keep everyone updated on the outcome.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,982 times
maxim888, I'll find out soon, as I also received both letters on Aug 28th. I was actually searching for anyone who had the same circumstances happen, and I got lucky and found your thread. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us =)

Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM

Yay! I got a letter today (8/30) titled: Notice of Third Federal Extension Filed. The maximum benefit amount shows that I'll be getting approximately another 13 weeks of benefits. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to contribute to this thread.

apadisc, since you got your 2 letters a day after I did, I would think you will be getting this same letter very soon. Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed, looks like it worked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment