Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,156 times

Advertisements

Can you tell me what it is you said to the state representative to get a response/assistance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 07:53 PM

6 posts, read 12,078 times
Default hello, May I have the phone number and email for state rep in Massachusetts for this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkmly73 View Post
Just wanted to update everyone on this. I did go into Boston and speak with someone, who while being very helpful could not fix the problem that day and said they would get someone to look into it and call me back. That was on a Monday, by Friday no one had called me back. But my state reps office did on the following Monday and when I explained the problem, they called for me and within 10 minutes someone called me back who looked at my claim and said "this one is a mess" apologized and by the end of last week it was fixed. I requested benefits on Sunday of this week, on Monday I was determined to be eligible for payment. Payment went through on Tuesday and they mailed out a paper check, for the full 10 weeks I had been waiting. I don't know why they sent a paper check as I signed up for direct deposit and they said they were not issuing paper checks any longer but here it is today and I'm going to the bank to deposit it.
I would suggest that if you have issues as major as mine had become you should - 1. Email them as the response time is quicker, and you have a paper trail to prove what you are being told. 2. If you have to call use the call back method instead of waiting on hold. 3. If you can get no where and feel like you are getting the run around call you state representative's office, it may take a week, but they will help and the state seems to actually do something when the state reps office is looking into things. 4. Go to the main office in Boston if you have to as it was only a small wait and you do get to speak with a live person face to face (even though in my case nothing was resolved that day) 5. Don't give up - remember you pay into this system for times like these. 6. Be polite to the CSRs as they have a rough job and its not always their fault, and they aren't always given access to everything. 7. Read this forum as there are a lot of good tips and tricks on it!! Good luck with everyone!! Mosela - if you read this - thanks so much for your info, it was very helpful and it was just nice to have someone respond

Hey there!

Could you provide me with the phone number/email for mass state rep on this issue?

Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 540 times
Hello ive had so many problems with my employer they outta the blue fired me right after my gf and i had a baby! Then told me to collect in the past they were caught after telling me to collect (due to there lack of work at time) lying to MA UI. Telling them a story about they had to fire me due to me being a iv drug user! Witch has absolutely NEVER HAPPENED! anyway i got re-hired when the work picked up and UI called me and i told them they laughed told me what my employer said and gave me my check!. Anyway here i am filing again with a infant at home with needs and again i cannot get an answer as to if im getting my benefits or not i cannot get anyone on phone did everything online like they ask! And nothing nobody picks phone up they just hangup on you after telling u call volume is too high! Help ME PLEASE!

Old 04-28-2017, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 7,455 times
After waiting 9 weeks my claim was finally looked at the adjuster called me and stated my employer told them i was terminated due to conduct that there were some files that were deleted does this mean I'm not qualified i spoke to my adjuster and answered the questions to the best of my knowledge

Old 04-28-2017, 01:19 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie76 View Post
does this mean I'm not qualified
You just appeal if the decision is not in your favor.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:24 AM

1 posts, read 422 times
I also live in Massachusetts. And it has been a nightmare! I was discharged. So I waited 5 weeks. I am at The point of I have,no money almost no food and i have 3 kids to take care of. I called and explained my situation and asked if they could expedite my claim because of my hardship. They asked me if my power has been shut off, I told them no not til next week and they said there was nothing they could do. I then called my Assembly man. The AA was great, she called her contact in unemployment. I got a call from someone and he said he would assign an adjuster that day. So I wait 2 days And there is nothing being done. I call unemployment and they tell me it hasn't been assigned yet. I call back the AA and she calls her contact. He gave some b.s. saying it was assigned and the call center just couldn't see it. So I got mad and called one of my senators. The AA told me her contact was good and he would take care,of this. I was worried when I didn't get a call but 3 hours after I called my claim was deemed eligable. The problem,now is for some reason my payments are still on hold.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:42 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvisin View Post
I am at The point of I have,no money almost no food and i have 3 kids
I can't do anything about the wait with UI. MA from past threads takes around 8 to 10 weeks. However, when you are broke and the UI's not coming in, use that to go raid the other social services. Immediately apply for emergency food stamp benefits. Your income is zero so long as the UI payments are not flowing. Next, get a LIHEAP grant to pay that utility bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment