Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 07:29 PM

6 posts, read 8,145 times

Advertisements

Listen, I was simply articulating my thoughts, not stating what course of action I would take; which is precisely why I came here asking for input. I have done enough research to realize there are delays, and any information incorrectly submitted could compound the problems. which is why I still havent applied until i know my best course of action/ time to apply.

I appreciate your input, but you could ease up with the legalese attitude. It's clear I am extremely stressed, confused, and just lost my job. There's a fine line between bottom line consision and a presumptuous attitude. I could use the former, and do without the latter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd12345 View Post
Listen, I was simply articulating my thoughts, not stating what course of action I would take; which is precisely why I came here asking for input. I have done enough research to realize there are delays, and any information incorrectly submitted could compound the problems. which is why I still havent applied until i know my best course of action/ time to apply.

I appreciate your input, but you could ease up with the legalese attitude. It's clear I am extremely stressed, confused, and just lost my job. There's a fine line between bottom line consision and a presumptuous attitude. I could use the former, and do without the latter.
Legalese? Weeks begin with Sunday. Not legalese, fact.

And, you were clearly articulating that by filing first week in October the claim would be dated as of October 6th. You clearly said that. It was important to stress unequivocally that would be a mistake.

And, talk about presumptuous, you really need to do a little research on who you're talking to. I've been on this board over three years, have researched and posted voluminously on UE/EUC issues in many states. You're not talking to someone who is an azzhat and blowing smoke.

Presumptous - well, if I ask you to read a thread and you don't read and absorb the information, but instead jump right back in with a question that was previously answered - and then second guess the answer - well consider me presumptuous if I'm annoyed at having to repeat, yet again, what has already been said.

Finally, everyone collecting UE is stressed. Wait until you actually get in the CA system. Then you'll learn what real stress is. CA is having horrific computer problems right now - not fixable anytime soon. Do not expect to be paid on any regular or reliable basis when your claim is finally established. At the moment, the situation in CA is a nightmare. Deloitte, the contractor who designed the system, should be sued. They've left a mess behind in every state they've touched.

Read this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...-payments.html

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment