Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 03:34 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynne View Post
So is that a good sign?
At least you know it's not about a separation issue, but a lagging payment that you received.

Quote:
Does this mean the phone & in-person interview are more for verification reasons opposed to making sure I'm eligible?
Not exactly. Depending on the circumstances of how you were paid, what it represented, and why you didn't report it if required, can still be a painful issue to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 10:49 AM

7 posts, read 5,566 times
So I just completed my phone interview & my guess as to the reason why was correct.

Quote:
My best guess to what they are talking about is the check I got from the post office for my accured paid time off during my first week of certification because I did put it down on the certification form.
The interviewer just asked me to clarify what type of payment it was & why I recieved it. He told me that's all they needed & that I should receive the bank card within the next 10 days & if not to call or email. Also to make sure I attend the in person interview so my benefits aren't interrupted.

Call literally lasted 2 mins & was very simple. Kinda funny I've been pulling my hair out for nothing. So hopefully smooth sailing from here on out (fingers crossed).

Old 01-29-2016, 05:09 PM

7 posts, read 5,566 times
Okay, so I have a new question & didn't want to make a new thread so hopefully someone sees this.

I received my w-2 for my job before last & realized I put down way less than what I made by a little over 5k. So my question is should I try calling & pray that I get through or will I be able to report it at my in person interview?

I'm hoping since I put less than what I made I won't get in trouble since my award should technically be more correct?

Old 01-29-2016, 06:56 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
What you say you earned, isn't a big deal because the state has it's own way to double check. Look at your award letter, are your wages correct? If so, leave it alone. If for some reason your wages are $5K less than what you reported, you file a monetary appeal and submit proof of your error, and it may or may not make a difference on recalculating your weekly benefit amount and number of weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment