Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 07:57 AM

792 posts, read 1,177,543 times

Advertisements

Excuse me for telling the truth to UI.
I was taught that not giving all of the information is the same as a lie. So forgive me for choosing to tell all. If UI benefits are denied because I gave them what some of you call TMI, then so be it. My conscience is clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 08:15 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,092,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
I was taught that not giving all of the information is the same as a lie.
Did you tell UI this story //www.city-data.com/forum/work-...rmination.html when you filled out your application or had your phone interview?

You could have mentioned the diabetes and part-time work during that call too.

Quote:
So forgive me for choosing to tell all.
It won't hurt my wallet. I'll get over it. I just don't want anyone else that's been kicked in the teeth and doesn't have the extra widow benefits like you to do what you did and jeopardize their sole source of income.

Quote:
My conscience is clear.
Ok, just make sure you're consistent and tell them EVERYTHING from the beginning. You've gotten 3 to 4 weeks of UI benefits by now. Using your reasoning, if you get denied going forward, then you shouldn't have gotten the past benefits, and you need to pay them back.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:37 AM

Chyvan says,
"Did you tell UI this story Grounds for Termination when you filled out your application or had your phone interview?"

Yes, I did. I mailed them the entire documentation BEFORE the interview.

The reason I didn't say anything at the time of my interview about Diabetes and such...I didn't think of it. BUT as soon as I did think of it I called UI. And for that you slapped me.

My widows benefits? LOL! As if that's going to save me.

You should stop teaching people to do whats wrong. Keeping your mouth shut when you know the truth is downright WRONG.

Shame on you, Chyvan.
Stick to the truth and you'll have a consistent story. Stick to lies and your story will change every time.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:52 AM

I don't tell anyone to lie. UI regulations don't require that you spill your guts.

You need to learn the burden of proof. When you don't have the burden, it's not your job to assume it.

You joke about the widow's benefits, but the people that come here usually have NOTHING now that they've lost their job.

You might think that silence is wrong, but it's your right, and if you want to throw that away, that's your choice.

My story never changes because I tell people not to tell one in the first place.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:55 AM

724 posts, read 530,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
They are NOT bashing the OP, just the fact that she called the UI office.

Chyvan and Rabrrita are the 2 most valuable people on CD imo. They help people everyday get their claims approved. How many people have never posted but simply read their warnings and gotten approved?

No one else on CD help people get money that need it as badly as someone unemployed.
Understand that’s not how it comes off to the posters coming here for help after they’ve made mistakes.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
after they’ve made mistakes.
We can't always do anything about that. The damage is done. Others need to learn from the mistakes, and not repeat them. Hopefully, the "others" will then teach their kids, family members, friends, and coworkers that UI is a system, and start breaking the cycle of ignorance. If you're ignorant of the rules, you're going to get burned at what is usually a very low point in your life. I'm tired of the "woes me" posts especially when it's self inflicted.

She posted here Need help with appeal in Kansas on 5/8, nine days before she told this story of the call to the UI worker.

She knew she could get help from people that weren't going to cut her off.

Grounds for Termination [MERGED] and then at the end of this thread, she's asking if she can sue her former employer.

If she knew that her UI was being paid by the employer that put her in this mess in the first place and is probably the only monetary damage she can do to them, then maybe she wouldn't be acting all morally superior. By putting her UI at risk, she's making it so that her employer gets off cheap, and will keep doing it to other people.

I don't like what happened to her. The client employee was making trouble for her, and instead of her employer stepping in telling that employee to lay off because he wanted to keep making a buck, he threw her under the bus. She shouldn't have been placed in the position to "make it go away." That was her employer's job. I wanted her to collect every nickel of that UI money.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:49 AM

Chyvan,
Most of my if you want to call it, grief, comes from the fact that you come off as being a rude person. I may be wrong about that. You may be a loving kind and gentle person but that part of you doesn't come out much. I am a black and white, right or wrong person. There is no gray.

So I am still learning how to not say things in a harsh way but to say them in a kind and gentle way. I haven't arrived yet! I have a lot of work to do on myself.
I apologize if I've been too ignorant and unkind. That isn't my intention.
I'm sure you're a knowledable person in these areas. But please don't jump all over me if I repeat myself or don't get things right the first, second or even the third time.

If I came off sounding "morally superior" that was not my intention! I want to do the right thing at all times. But I don't do the right thing at all times.
If you want to keep pounding on me that's fine but I'm not going to entertain this thread anymore if you do.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:00 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
Quote:
Chyvan,
Most of my if you want to call it, grief, comes from the fact that you come off as being a rude person. I may be wrong about that. You may be a loving kind and gentle person but that part of you doesn't come out much. I am a black and white, right or wrong person. There is no gray.

So I am still learning how to not say things in a harsh way but to say them in a kind and gentle way. I haven't arrived yet! I have a lot of work to do on myself.
I apologize if I've been too ignorant and unkind. That isn't my intention.
I'm sure you're a knowledable person in these areas. But please don't jump all over me if I repeat myself or don't get things right the first, second or even the third time.

If I came off sounding "morally superior" that was not my intention! I want to do the right thing at all times. But I don't do the right thing at all times.
If you want to keep pounding on me that's fine but I'm not going to entertain this thread anymore if you do.
It's not personal. He is telling you, and every other person that searches and reads these threads, what not to do. Its that simple.

If you make mistakes in this process and post about them, I HOPE someone steps in and tells you what you did wrong so that others will not make the same mistakes. Instead of working against these guys you should just accept that they are not doing this to hurt you, or embarrass you, nor to belittle you. They are doing it to educate you and everyone else.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:42 PM

268 posts, read 206,560 times
Quote:
Excuse me for telling the truth to UI.
I was taught that not giving all of the information is the same as a lie. So forgive me for choosing to tell all. If UI benefits are denied because I gave them what some of you call TMI, then so be it. My conscience is clear.

Telling PARTS of the truth (rather than the whole truth) that answer the question sufficiently and provide necessary information is not lying. Lying is a completely separate act and involves telling mistruths.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:10 PM

724 posts, read 530,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
We can't always do anything about that. The damage is done. Others need to learn from the mistakes, and not repeat them. Hopefully, the "others" will then teach their kids, family members, friends, and coworkers that UI is a system, and start breaking the cycle of ignorance. If you're ignorant of the rules, you're going to get burned at what is usually a very low point in your life. I'm tired of the "woes me" posts especially when it's self inflicted.

She posted here Need help with appeal in Kansas on 5/8, nine days before she told this story of the call to the UI worker.

She knew she could get help from people that weren't going to cut her off.

Grounds for Termination [MERGED] and then at the end of this thread, she's asking if she can sue her former employer.

If she knew that her UI was being paid by the employer that put her in this mess in the first place and is probably the only monetary damage she can do to them, then maybe she wouldn't be acting all morally superior. By putting her UI at risk, she's making it so that her employer gets off cheap, and will keep doing it to other people.

I don't like what happened to her. The client employee was making trouble for her, and instead of her employer stepping in telling that employee to lay off because he wanted to keep making a buck, he threw her under the bus. She shouldn't have been placed in the position to "make it go away." That was her employer's job. I wanted her to collect every nickel of that UI money.
Actually. This forum can help mitigate those minor mistakes without unnecessarily haranguing the poster that comes in trying to find solutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment