Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 08:09 PM

702 posts, read 1,571,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramscout View Post
Yes, but the key word there is "may"!!!!!
LoL and the merry go round goes round and round some more watch.

Quote:
You may receive these additional weeks of EUC benefits if you are still unemployed and otherwise eligible for unemployment compensation, and if you exhausted all federally funded extended benefit programs or if you were disqualified from receiving Extended Benefits (EB) due to specific separation issues (such as mis conduct or refusal of suitable work).
So the question is are you 2 of those 3 if's?

If you are then your "may" becomes a "will".

LoL

Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 PM

217 posts, read 389,504 times
Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilzz View Post
That was exactly my point Kramscout. In the past it has usually worked out but this time around is different. I am not counting any of my chickens until I'm able to call in and when listening to the end of the recording say to me Do you certify that your answers to the proceeding questions are true? And you are aware that the law imposes penalties and fines for false statements. Press 1 for yes press 2 for No. And then it says to me A benefit payment in the amount of 000.00 will be issued on our next buisness day. That is when I will be a very happy man. LOL
That is what I've been saying all along these letters have gone out to who ever may be eligible but not everyone is going to receive this extension, for the few who don't when they don't get a check it will be some line of bull**** some new criteria you have to meet and without it you will be denied , so I'm with you until they give me my amount at the end of my phone call I don't believe anything, theycould send me 500 letters if they want to.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
yes you are absolutely correct but in order for ui to see that they have to search it, it isn't something that just pops up on the computer.Frankly it takes awhile before it gets into there system.
Just asking but is this your opinion or do you know this as a fact?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Actually guys the key words in that letter are otherwise eligible!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:14 PM

Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
Just asking but is this your opinion or do you know this as a fact?
It is a fact I see what comes on the computer when the lady brings my SS up you would have to search through different links to see if the person is employed.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
for the few who don't when they don't get a check it will be some line of bull**** some new criteria you have to meet and without it you will be denied
These are just opinions right?

You really don't know why someone will be rejected other than the reasons the NJDOL has stated.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 PM

64 posts, read 168,365 times
Quote:
yes you are absolutely correct but in order for ui to see that they have to search it, it isn't something that just pops up on the computer.Frankly it takes awhile before it gets into there system.
Databases link related data so technically your data could "pop up."

ie - Your data could be flagged (pop up) as a person who is collecting unemployment doing so while employed.

And "awhile" defined as one second after it is entered into the database?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:17 PM

Yea but you are aware that Trenton may not be using the same sytem you see at your local UI and even if they do you have no idea how long it takes their database to update,

Old 11-11-2009, 08:18 PM

To be honest I work a PT and I've been working one ever since I started on Tier 1 extensionand I do claim my hrs everytime I call in, and that job doesn't even come up on the computer and I've been working there for three yrs.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:20 PM

Musi I think you are reading too much into your local visits into UI and are applying them to the entire NJDOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment