Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 03:13 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,830,448 times

Advertisements

Excellent. I know if I had such knowledge I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself and if nothing else I'd tell all right from my deathbed. I mean I'm going to die soon anyway, right? What could they possibly do to me? I'd be sure to make it as public as possible. That way they can't threaten to harm my family after I die. The public masses would know what's going on and who to blame should anything suspicious happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 03:53 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,339,102 times
If there are aliens I believe the gov't and military are covering it up.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,884,777 times
To say that no-one has spilled the beans is simply not right because the 2001 Disclosure Project had 450 witnesses from the military and from other disciplines some of whom made statements at that press conference.

There has also been another press conference within the last month and more witnesses have made statements.

The newslite article linked to above has no link to the UN discounting what the Times has said. There IS a link to the UN website however, which tells us nothing.

It would hardly have made a major British newspaper such as the Times or telegraph or Guardian if they were not fairly certain of their sources.

Last year there was a well-known Bulgarian scientist(deputy director) who came out to say that they had been in contact with aliens. This UK Telegraph news article reports

The point is that even if there are people of good authority and respect who come out and say that we are in communication with aliens, there will always be factions who do not want disclosure and who will deny it. Coupled with this, there are people on most forums who are paid to spread disinfo. Anyone who really wants to know could easily find out enough to convince themselves, but most people are a little afraid of what they may discover if they dig too deeply.

I have posted this official NASA photo on this forum about 3 or 4 times and no-one has made any comment at all about it - because there is no comment to make. It says it all. I doubt anyone will comment on it this time either.

You do not get this kind of square bordered (with a corner cut off too) structure in a natural setting, so...how did it get there?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,640,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Coupled with this, there are people on most forums who are paid to spread disinfo. Anyone who really wants to know could easily find out enough to convince themselves, but most people are a little afraid of what they may discover if they dig too deeply.
Please, this isn't a Conspiracy forum. It's a Science and Technology forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have posted this official NASA photo on this forum about 3 or 4 times and no-one has made any comment at all about it - because there is no comment to make. It says it all. I doubt anyone will comment on it this time either.

You do not get this kind of square bordered (with a corner cut off too) structure in a natural setting, so...how did it get there?
You posted the exact same thing today in the Religion and Philosophy forum (The "Aliens Are NOT Fake" Thread, page 4, post #35). Mercury Cougar provided a link with a clear answer for you in post #40 showing examples of natural formations that look artificial. If you haven't already seen MC's post, you might want to take a look at it. Here's the link MC posted.
18 Natural Formations that Look Man-Made : WebEcoist

To determine is something like the square bordered structure is artificial, you first need to rule out natural causes.There's no question there are many things that can and do indeed look pretty strange. But yes, you CAN "...get this kind of square bordered (with a corner cut off too) structure in a natural setting...". In effect, what you're talking about is a psychological phenomena known as 'pareidolia'.
Pareidolia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM

588 posts, read 2,829,850 times
Regarding the, um, "alien spaceship landing footprint" taken by the Mars rover...

Occam's Razor

Use it. Love it. Live it.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:48 PM

688 posts, read 1,490,529 times
My take on aliens, if they exist.....if they are peaceful and don't bring some sort of disease or something that accidentally wipes us out or destroys our planet or cultures, then by all means welcome to Earth! If, however, they are like the Klingon Empire or Darth Vader or something like that, I hope they stay the hell away from us!

Old 10-12-2010, 02:04 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Some people believe that there is a Intergalactic Federation or Intergalactic Government of sorts and that the Earth is currently under quarantine because we are still considered too dangerous to be allowed in. Earth is also under close observation to determine when we will come to the proper enlightenment necessary to put dangerous wars and violence behind us, and only then will we be made aware of and invited to join the Intergalactic Federation / Intergalactic Government.
Do you think that if we aren't invited into the party we could at least wait out front and park their cars for them. Later we could dress up in waiter/witress costumes, sneak into the back door, mingle around them and see what they are up to. Think a special addition to the punch bowl wouldn't be out of line considering how they've been treating us all these years.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:25 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,830,448 times
I don't particularly believe that this theory is a reality, but it's one that I've been hearing about and read a little about over the past few years. As I said, have heavy doubts but fun to think about.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,884,777 times
Like religion, there are those who believe and those who dont and only time will tell who is right. We are both wasting our time, right?

Anyone who has done the rounds of the 'anomaly websites' will either be convinced or will laugh their heads off and it just depends how sure you are that everything is right with the world and governments are honest and true and have our best interest at heart.

If you do think this, then you will probably not believe there are aliens out there big enough to do us any damage.

If however, you believe that the governments are not telling us the truth, you will probably believe SOME of the evidence for aliens.

Like everything on the internet, there is good and bad stuff out there. You have to look at very little of it to begin asking awkward questions. Anyway, each person has to decide for themselves, we cannot convince you one way or the other.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 PM

13 posts, read 21,688 times
This is a very interesting topic and very controversial topic and there are very excuse in it.

Last edited by scirocco22; 10-22-2010 at 11:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal